US Open Tennis Women's Final (AKA Serena's Temper Tantrum)

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by TRF_heineken, Sep 11, 2018.

1. DumbAmerican

DumbAmerican Senior Member

Country Flag:

United States

Club or Nation:

United States

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/10/opinion/serena-williams-tennis-usopen.html
    Serena did this for Ms. Osaka, don't you see?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. The_Blindside

The_Blindside Senior Member

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

British Irish Lions

Serena didn’t do anything for Osaka apart from steal the limelight from her win. The link to the article you posted is written by an academic who is trying to conflate the issues of what happened on Saturday with her Feminist and African American agenda. And knows nothing about the sport.

Within the context of the match Serena’s rant was unjustified, so it does nothing for black women’s right to get angry. By all means stand up to descrimination when justified. But she wasn’t, as clearly shown. In fact I would argue the opposite to what she is arguing below.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  4. DumbAmerican

DumbAmerican Senior Member

Country Flag:

United States

Club or Nation:

United States

You give this author too much credit. Clearly she is an angry person who likes to publicly show her anger in various contexts where normal people disapprove. Her advocacy is the fight against human nature to make her own flaws acceptable, or even appealing. A normal society would laugh at such people. In modern day America we hand her entrance to the most elite schools (4 degrees from 3 Ivy League schools, wonder how much she paid?), brand her an elite intellectual, and let her vent in the country's most prestigious newspaper.

5. The_Blindside

The_Blindside Senior Member

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

British Irish Lions

Oh right I see you were being flippant posting up the link to that article.

6. Rich Taff

Rich Taff Senior Member

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

Cardiff

Some hilarious responses on that article in the comments section. ( I say hilarious, but it's actually quite scary how many people (not just in the USA. It's probably more prevalent for even more ridiculous reason in the UK) are dumb/feelentitled/dumb/keyboardwarriors/willingtodoanythingbecauseitstrumpsfault/itsnotfairidontgetparticipationmedalsinreallife (I may have made a few of those words up)
    Serena appears to be the poster girl for them.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!