• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Valentine, commercial crap or romantic moment?

Sounds nice xD

I feel like breakfast, what is for you guys the most ubtle but effective way a girl can hint at 'I want breakfast' without overdoing it?
Other than just sleeping with whoever needs to give them breakfast. (I don't count that as subtle :p)

<div class='quotemain'>
How did you know? Do you have a hidden video camera on me?
[/b]
Oh yeah, I secretly video record men in their 30's all the time :blink: [/b][/quote]

So, I'm past the cut-off point for your videoing, eh? :p

Sounds nice xD

I feel like breakfast, what is for you guys the most ubtle but effective way a girl can hint at 'I want breakfast' without overdoing it?
Other than just sleeping with whoever needs to give them breakfast. (I don't count that as subtle :p ) [/b]

Usually the promise of sex does it for me....

Sounds nice xD

Other than just sleeping with whoever needs to give them breakfast. (I don't count that as subtle :p )

Promise you'll fufill his/her fantasy, then after you finish eating say you have got a really sore stomach and you're that not in the mood. Say you'll be in the mood after your partner has gotten you choclates,roses and a really expensive dinner which you say you'll pay for. After the dinner claim your stomach is playing up again and that you can only pay when you feel healthy. After he/she has paid go home and and say 'Im not really in the mood' and then fall asleep.

There must be other ways then just being a cocktease :p

I saw a shirt earlier on that I could present as a gift, that would state my point, I'll see if I can find the image.

It was a shirt with this image:
BREAKFAST_BLUE_CLOSE.jpg

Why not just ask him nicely if he'd make you breakfast as a special treat? I'd make my girlfriend breakfast if she asked me, and I'm sure it'll make your fella more confident of asking if there was something special he'd appreciate you doing for him at some point in the future. And I'm not talking about sexual stuff for all you immature perverts out there...

Was starting to wonder if that was the only thing a girl could do for her guy :p

I made cookies, Dave told me not to bring lunch cause he'd be bringing a treat. I do dessert, he does proper food. I have a feeling we found our balance xD

I like Valentine because of all the nonsense on the radio, there are a few hilarious radio presenters/DJs, don't know what the term for it is, and they've been making fun of valentine all day long xD Some of it is pretty funny.

It was in the news a few days ago that each day 37 people put the wrong sort of fuel in their car in Belgium. And 7 out of ten people that do this, claim that they're distracted because they are in love.
I find that hard to believe xD

Well I can't ask my missus to make me anything in the kitchen (not cook anything anyway), because she she is self-admittedly rubbish.

The two of you do seem to have found a good balance though. Perhaps you should open a restaurant together. No? ;)

To be fair, I'm only joking about the sex thing. Usually I just do it anyway without asking cause I'm a good guy.

Well I can't ask my missus to make me anything in the kitchen (not cook anything anyway), because she she is self-admittedly rubbish.

The two of you do seem to have found a good balance though. Perhaps you should open a restaurant together. No? ;) [/b]

It would be awesome, but not exactly mu cup of tea :) Having to work 6 days out of seven, from mornings until late in the evening, when one in five starting businesses goes bankrupt after one year, ...
People told my parents they should open a restaurant. maybe we could team up xD

I realise most guys in relationships here get more out of it then just sex, deep down, you guys are all cuddly teddy bears. Well, maybe not all of you

So, with all the nauseating talking about breakfast in bed and what not, have we come to a decision:

Do you vomit-inducing, non-stop-jabbering, half-of-a-couple believe Valentine is commercial crap or a romantic event? :bleh!:

It's romantic if you do anything about it. It's valentines day over here now and we haven't even said anything about it too each other yet.

Might sneak out a bit later and get her Die Hard 4.0 on dvd.

So, with all the nauseating talking about breakfast in bed and what not, have we come to a decision:

Do you vomit-inducing, non-stop-jabbering, half-of-a-couple believe Valentine is commercial crap or a romantic event? :bleh!:
[/b]

Well we (me and my better-looking other half) did the whole valentines things last weekend seeing as it's our first (and we won't see each other on the 14th), complete with presents, dinner out, and a 'vomit-inducing' card which is sitting in front of me on my shelves.

Made us both feel good though, and we didn't exactly go overboard on it, so I don't see much of a problem with it. I didn't feel pressured to do anything, and would have taken her out to dinner anyway, it was just an extra reason to.

Having said that I don't think the weekend would have been any different had Valentines Day not been looming.

You old romantic, Webby. Seriously there's nothing wrong with that, you obviously are more motivated than most of us guys.

On days like this, please remember Sambad, it's always better to give than to receive.

Happy Valentines Day Gingerman!

Well, this has been my valentines day so far:

got up at 5.00am
Started work at 6.00am
text the gf a couple times, just before she went to work as usual
Finished at 2.00pm
Went into the town, bought the other part of her birthday present
Bus home
food
and now I'm off to training till about 9, when I'll come home...watch Ashes to Ashes and then go sleep. Maybe have a brief couple of texts or phonecall but she's having a girls night in with all her single pals (I think she's just going to be smug though that we're doing f*** all)

All in all, a good day!

I was wished a 'happy overated commercial mushy day' by my better half today :p But he did get my orees as a sort of present.

Other than that, I went to class, gave everyone a heartshaped cookie, gave most of them to David, went to the supermarket to pick up something we had ordered for his sister's birthday (which isn't until march, the early bird catches the slimy critters), dropped everything off, had to take something against a head ache (it was so romantic, both of us with an aching brain!), left again for my last class. Prepared my classes for tomorrow, doing some online work now.

I woke up, went and bought myself a new belt and tie, after that had a bit of 'fun' with a female 'friend' and then went home and had a feed and then wasted my life on the internet for a couple of hours until I went to the gym and then came home and wasted my life once again on the internet and in front of the TV. Yay for Valentines day.

Latest posts