• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Valentine, commercial crap or romantic moment?

well i normally do something for velentines day. This year i am apart from my gf, have been for 6 months. But going to celebrate it a couple of days after that as I am off to see her in New York.

I think thats a pretty good valentine present, what do you think?

actually i am taking her on a cruise from LA to Mexico for valentines 4 days :) She is taking me to a hockey game :)

well i normally do something for velentines day. This year i am apart from my gf, have been for 6 months. But going to celebrate it a couple of days after that as I am off to see her in New York.

I think thats a pretty good valentine present, what do you think?

actually i am taking her on a cruise from LA to Mexico for valentines 4 days :) She is taking me to a hockey game :) [/b]

One question. How do you maintain a long distance relationship like that? Secrets? Tips?

lol, its not easy i admit.

We talk alot, on MSN or on the phone. emails back and forth every day. Also we respect that each other has things to do so we dont try to tell each other when we are going to be on when we are not. We make at least one time a week to chat on the phone if we can.

alot of trust as well. That helps.

Definition of Valentine's Day:

To rip a man's heart out through his wallet.

It is an absolute nonsense.

Sorry Guys the swearing was going off topic, so I have removed the posts...

Please Carry on with the thread and lets not ruin it...

Ahh yeah for my part, my bad.

Anyways, quite true Fa'atau. In a way im lucky not to have a girlfriend this valentines day. The past couple of valentines days I'd see a nice ring on "valentine SALE" and a cute teddy bear that came with roses and I'd just have to buy it, but in the end it would rip my heart out like you said.

The money is better spent on me!!!!

DarkmanX, please refrain from calling past girlfriend's of Melon hoes. Fine if you want to call people we don't know hoes or whatnot, but don't try it with people members have actually known.
We realise by know that you have no respect for women what so ever. We Got It. Drop it already.

Or don't listen to what I just said, you could do that too, but this thread will probably be closed.

No Laetca. I'm sticking up for this thread. Not because of my contribution, but because Valentines Day is an interesting topic. I'm going to edit it.

There, some posts deleted. Lets discuss our thoughts and situations, not whether another member has the lifestyle choices you think they should. Everyone has their own preferences and they aren't going to get run down here.

Don't have anything against the topic, i wouldn't have created it had I not been intrested.

Thank you for solving it this way :)

Well, I can definitely say that I'll do something nice on the big day. I'm sure it'll be costly and time consuming, but worth it.

i think that its a commercial rip off... if the missus deserves a treat... shen fair enough!! but shouldn't be obliged to do anything just coz the tv says.. the welsh day st dwynwen is a lot less commercial ... less cheaper and more romantic..... offer your missus a kisser and a love spoon..... much better

<div class='quotemain'> My mistress likes Valentines Day, my wife doesn't. I'm on the fence about the whole thing. [/b]

db_NASEEM_HAMED1.jpg

Having another woman is like having another championship belt. Keep your pimp game strong :bravo:

Anyway, When it comes to presents I live by the words of Big L "All I got for chicks is hard **** and bubblegum" [/b][/quote]

Hahaha well played :lol:

<div class='quotemain'>

Anyway, When it comes to presents I live by the words of Big L "All I got for chicks is hard **** and bubblegum" [/b]
Shouldn't that be, "When it comes to presents I live by the words of Big L "All I got for fat chicks is hard **** and bubblegum"? [/b][/quote]

Hey i guess any holes a go when your desperate.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

Anyway, When it comes to presents I live by the words of Big L "All I got for chicks is hard **** and bubblegum" [/b]
Shouldn't that be, "When it comes to presents I live by the words of Big L "All I got for fat chicks is hard **** and bubblegum"? [/b][/quote]

Hahahahaha......You prick....
[/b][/quote]

Is that his job on this forum? :lol: :p

No, it's not. People who flame bait have that job sorted.

Back on topic, eh guys?

My 2 cents - it's commercial crap that some guys use as a get of jail free card by being romantic. If that is needed, by all means go ahead, but it does say something if you wait only for birthdays, Xmas and Valentines type occassions. A friend of mine makes lots of brownie points by randomly treating his women throughout the year, not when retailers suggest he should (and that's not me lol).

In my personal case, we've found it much better to use the exagerated amounts you could spend at this time in other ways, like putting it towards that holiday away etc.

I can see why some people would make a big deal of it and fair enough.

Yep, I suppose one use for the day is for that person who just wants an excuse to do more than bump into the new office girl at the water-cooler.

True, could be an icebreaker, although I thought St Patricks day was better for that...

DarkmanX, please refrain from calling past girlfriend's of Melon hoes. Fine if you want to call people we don't know hoes or whatnot, but don't try it with people members have actually known.
We realise by know that you have no respect for women what so ever. We Got It. Drop it already.

Or don't listen to what I just said, you could do that too, but this thread will probably be closed. [/b]

e24ebe681afaca44fee013d8479cb45c.jpg

48miogh1.jpg

umad.jpg

Latest posts