• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Valentine, commercial crap or romantic moment?

It's commercial crap, retail shops trick you if you're dumb into buying useless crap.

It's commercial crap, retail shops trick you if you're dumb into buying useless crap. [/b]

Agreed. However I am dumb and am going to spend a fair amount of cash on my girlfriend this year, because she deserves it for putting up with me.....

So far I read articles in newspapers about mushy (and some not too muchy) lovestories, I saw a lot of advertisement for 'Valentine-arrangements', often including dinner, I've had to listen to a tedious (sp?) conversation on a bus (I need to get some sort of MP3-device) between two young girls, who were asking themselves if it would be okay to get their boyfriends me to you keyrings (a set of keyrings that fit together like a puzzle with a teddy teddy on each half, usually combined with a heart, I can't find an example right now), or if one half of a broken heart with their initial engraved on it wouldn't be better.

What is the world coming to, why all the commercial crap? I saw flags with giant hearts on the mall when passing it today, and people that hang hearts with little christmas lights in them in their window.
Why do all the old fashioned holidays turn into something that can be exploited economically?

Its about slowly making the general public feel that "everyone else is doing it" and so should you. The most gullible market on the planet for things they don't need (besides little kids and that's not their fault) is the 16-25yr old zone. They'll buy anything because they are conformists.

Its about slowly making the general public feel that "everyone else is doing it" and so should you. The most gullible market on the planet for things they don't need (besides little kids and that's not their fault) is the 16-25yr old zone. They'll buy anything because they are conformists.
[/b]
Spoken like a true goth/hippy :p (depending if you paint your finger nails or not)

I thought there were more differences between emos and hippies?

One thing I like about Valentine, discount on the baking stuff, everyone expects people to bake stuff.

And by George, I will be baking!

I thought there were more differences between emos and hippies?

One thing I like about Valentine, discount on the baking stuff, everyone expects people to bake stuff.

And by George, I will be baking!
[/b]
Maybe that should go in the "women" thread :D :bana:

I hate this god awful day, but it is usually a good day to go out and pull...

See, I don't understand alot of girls. My missus was telling her friends the other day that we're not doing anything cause we both think it's commercial crap. Apparaently, they were all really surprised. Why is it really sucha big thing to alot of girls? I'm not saying it is to every girl, and there's probably a few guys who need their heads looked at who like it too...but still, it's just shite. You have 365 days a year to tell someone you love them, why's Feb 14th so special?

I'm not kidding on the cookies, although I can't vouch for the state in which they will arrive.

I love my boyfriend all year round (except when I'm PMSing, I'm ***** that week). I don't bake cookies because it's Valentine, just like I didn't buy him breakfast thios morning because it's monday. It's just little things you do, all year round xD

My wife gets all teary around that time. I could show her Commando and she'd be weeping.

Mind you so would I.......with laughter!

Well I'm such a nice guy I didn't be judgemental or annoying at all when my gf got up with an absolute hum dinger of a hangover on Sunday. I even made her breakfast in bed she was that fragile.

Latest posts