Video *EXCLUSIVE* RWC2011 Playtest

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
<iframe width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R4YlvsgegpQ?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes, I know there's already another posting of it.

OMG can you remind me of the song which is playing at the start of the video. I love that song just cant remeber what its called

S.K.W.A.D - BornLieFightDie

Off the Rugby 06 Soundtrack for those unfamiliar with the band.

You've done a bloody good job of editing this and mixing in music, graphics etc and you deserve plenty of credit for it.

The way I see it, the game appears to only have one real flaw and that's the bunching. I'd say it's 50% of the bunching from previous games though. It looks like it's a big step in the right direction in that regard.

The overall feel and play looks like it has decent structure and the rucks look like a whole lot of fun.

Oh yeah, did someone refer to Charlie as being a bit like Stephen Merchant in the footage? :lol:

Oh yeah, did someone refer to Charlie as being a bit like Stephen Merchant in the footage? :lol:

Yep - Charlie came to my place a few weeks back - Later in the evening Jules' & I watched "The invention of Lying" and went "A-HA!". It's stuck since in my mind!

Yep - Charlie came to my place a few weeks back - Later in the evening Jules' & I watched "The invention of Lying" and went "A-HA!". It's stuck since in my mind!

That's awesome, I thought the same thing a while back! I said to Charlie, but made sure he realised that it was just a jokey unflattering comparison....... for Stephen Merchant! ;)

I believe a certain someone was compared to Ricky Gervais after that....not naming names though ;)

the lighting and stadiums look good, but I really hated how the ai seem like headless chickens in open play as in 08 again. Still waiting for demo for this one

Thanks for the video, favorite play (quick ball steal at the end of the last game, wondering if attacker had forward support to ruck or first to ruck and if the outcome would of been different with different on the fly setting, maybe they could of retained possesion and had a final drive to a try? Hopefully these rucking tactics will really make changes and differences in the game.
Cheers and Salud

The bunching is utterly horrendous when a break is made! Could throw a blanket over the whole team chasing. Apart from that it looks alright...

The bunching is utterly horrendous when a break is made! Could throw a blanket over the whole team chasing. Apart from that it looks alright...

yes I thought the same from the video, it makes for poor 3rd,4th etc phase ball to have team clustered like that.

The way I see it, the game appears to only have one real flaw and that's the bunching. I'd say it's 50% of the bunching from previous games though. It looks like it's a big step in the right direction in that regard.

does seem to have an element of bunching going on, and sometimes a very rigid backline in a line, the V shape.
the phases of play right after 9.30 had a few spots that gave me an awful giggle by reminding me of this

anyway i really look forward to the demo in a few days. i havnt ever played 08 before so i wont have any worries in my head about how the game is an upgraded 08 because i wouldnt know the difference lol.

for now,
quack, quack, quack! :p

oh and yes, i know this is a totally lame first post :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the link, I'm really excited now, after feeling somewhat deflated by everyones negativity, I think it looks great! Yes it's 08 ish, but I loved 08, and still play it a couple of times a week (although now set stupid goals for myself like winning the world league with no recruits, or only scoring via kicks), did you guys play on hard, and was it? Its gotta be tough with only the world cup!

How useful are the various defensive settings? :)

I'm guessing that a lot of the bunching my have come from this. I have a feeling that HB don't want people to leave out the step of setting up an attacking set-play or defensive formation.

If you choose a defensive formation quick enough, I'm sure it straightens out the defensive line a lot better. If you choose an attacking set-play (even if you don't wait for it to be fully set), you'll have a more spread attacking formation.

I don't believe the guys did a lot with these things (I could be wrong) and if they didn't, it explains some of the bunching perhaps?

Let me know guys. :)

I'll wait to get the demo like they said we should, but I did also notice that if you drifted then the defence AI didn't really, this was one of the problems with 08 and it appears to still be in this game.

I'll wait to get the demo like they said we should, but I did also notice that if you drifted then the defence AI didn't really, this was one of the problems with 08 and it appears to still be in this game.

In the 1p vs AI situation, this did appear to be the case. Mind you the weren't playing one of the better teams with a very average team. It was things like playing as Ireland Vs Fiji and the like. Still, it appears to be a problem from what we can see so far. :D