• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Video *EXCLUSIVE* RWC2011 Playtest

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. pearo here doesn't sound like he's entirely convinced that Rugby World Cup will be significantly better than '08 and that's his right (fair enough). He's still not slagging the game off though, just asking questions and seems sceptical about how much potential development there's been (no problem).I'm going to see about installing a policy of instant post deletion for anyone who makes a negative and unconstructive comment for either game.Being negative is fine if you are constructive or explaining in a non-sarcastic way why you feel a little let down or aren't interested. The disrespectful slagging and fanboyism is going to stop or be deleted. I have a clear set of guidelines that I'm off to the staff room about. :)Oh yes, pearo. In answer to your question, the experience appears to be significantly different to those who've played, not just TRF people either. The turnovers appear to be much more appropriately handled than before.
1984 much? Thought police strike again.Rwc11 really is a great game, ive been playing the demo a lot and I dont know why I like it, I just do. Not going to be able to sleep until this comes out.Happy?

Thank goodness you are deleting those negative comments.I really disliked those people posting negative comments in a rage fueled manner.
Shame it is the posters and the mods. People's opinions should not lead to this anger.I'm dissapointed in the game, not a next gen game for me, i'd have loved it in '07 but the gaming world has moved forward I feel. No idea if RC will be better, now prepping myself for massive rugby dissapointment if that sucks too. :(

Hi guys I had the pleasure of playing both games. Im taking positives from both games. First off Rugby Challenge is an excellent game and amazing for the hardcore rugby fan. Secondly I enjoyed 08 and I enjoyed the demo apart from not seeing the TMO (slightly worried) but I think RWC is a great game to introduce mates into rugby games where if they played Challenge it might be a bit too much for them. Im so ****** off today with people crying and throwing their toys out of the pram two years ago you would have given your turtles right nut to have this game. The way I look at this is that RWC is an arcade style game yes only giving one half of a match was too little for people to get their teeth into but let's see how the completed game turns out. This game, Loads of friends, & beer, = A great night in

Hi guys I had the pleasure of playing both games. Im taking positives from both games. First off Rugby Challenge is an excellent game and amazing for the hardcore rugby fan. Secondly I enjoyed 08 and I enjoyed the demo apart from not seeing the TMO (slightly worried) but I think RWC is a great game to introduce mates into rugby games where if they played Challenge it might be a bit too much for them. Im so ****** off today with people crying and throwing their toys out of the pram two years ago you would have given your turtles right nut to have this game. The way I look at this is that RWC is an arcade style game yes only giving one half of a match was too little for people to get their teeth into but let's see how the completed game turns out. This game, Loads of friends, & beer, = A great night in
Been playing RL3 since it came out so I wouldnt have given anything for an 08 repeat. Also everyone was saying the trailer looked crap but lets see what the demo is like, now its one half isnt enough lets wait for the full game? Whats next, yeah the full game is dissapointing but lets wait for the patch?

Been playing RL3 since it came out so I wouldnt have given anything for an 08 repeat. Also everyone was saying the trailer looked crap but lets see what the demo is like, now its one half isnt enough lets wait for the full game? Whats next, yeah the full game is dissapointing but lets wait for the patch?

Well let's be honest here ...

Before the game came out a lot of people were on this board saying they would be happy with a Rugby'08 improved game and that is what they have gotten. Then again you would not know that / claim I been reading from a far and say that's not whats been said ... ye?

Clearly you are not a fan and you have your reasons for it, but maybe time to move on from the forum?

I wonder if there are gameplay errors in RC ... will the same be pipping up then?

Last edited:
god some people are just never pleased are they.. its either buy the game or shut up and go to the rugby challenge forum >>>>>

Well let's be honest here ...

Before the game came out a lot of people were on this board saying they would be happy with a Rugby'08 improved game and that is what they have gotten. Then again you would not know that / claim I been reading from a far and say that's not whats been said ... ye?

I wonder if there are gameplay errors in RC ... will the same be pipping up then?

agreed!! lets go to there forums and start throwing our toys out

Last edited by a moderator:
god some people are just never pleased are they.. its either buy the game or shut up and go to the rugby challenge forum >>>>>

agreed!! lets go to there forums and start throwing our toys out

No because that's childish and that creates a us vs. them scenario and thats what this is not about. Both games will have pro's and con's and will form a healthy competition for both games.

Last edited:
but that is what everybody is making it. i love the game cannot wait for the release ok RC and RWC will have its differances but its got to beyond a joke with some now..

Always wondered whether we'd get a Fifa vs PES type "war" going on. It seems really frustrating in the way that people are criticizing RWC. Everyone is comparing it to Rugby 08 (which i guess is a fair judgement). Obviously this game is not perfect, but Worst rugby game ever tag is a bit much me thinks. Especially when you consider every post with "Its crap, Rugby 08 in HD" - To my knowledge (and in my opinion) Rugby 08 was not a bad game (most definitely not the "worst game ever"). So how one can suggest that something that is in their opinion "equal" to something is worse is beyond me. Strike me down if i'm incorrect, I'm sure i speak on behalf of the mods here by saying Constructive Criticism is welcome here, along with "Banter" but seeing the same "Its crap cause of graphics" "Not as good as RC" comments, without any sort of logical explanation is frustrating for the mods and us posters (especially those that have been around longer than the games first announcement). I'm not going to be prejeduice towards age, because younger folk can still have valid and logical views (most do), but its frustrating to see childish posts fill up the threads.

NOTE.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE NEGATIVE JUST CAUSE YOUR A SUPA COOL HIP PERSON, MAKE SURE TO BE CREATIVE WITH YOUR POSTS. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU USE CAPS LOCK ON ALLLLLLL THE TIME!

That's like me saying, I keep getting "Run to the hills" by Iron Maiden stuck in my head for Rugby Challenge, because people are scattering all over the place out of position and the ball never goes to who you think it should because there's never a coherent backline as everyone goes everywhere.

Would be kind of childish if I suggested it though probably, as it's exaggerating a minor problem.

Also, it'd be pretty pointless as Rugby Challenge doesn't appear at this stage to have Custom Soundtracks.

Who said anything about Rugby Challenge? His post made no reference to it so why bring it up?

Jeez stop taking any and all criticism so personally.

First thing I thought when I loaded up the demo: the player models are terrible. Body shapes don't look atheltic at all, and if it wasn't for the numbers on the players backs, I doubt I'd even be able to recognise more than four of them. My one real gameplay gripe, is how easy goal kicking is. On harder difficulties, will the goal kicking bar simply move up and down faster, making it harder to stop it in the right zone? Or will the 'accurate' zone actually become less forgiving, meaning I have to get close to the perfect line? One time I only just stopped it within the zone, and my kick still went perfectly straight :huh:

Since this post will be deleted without a positive or constructive element, I will admit that HB have done one thing very very well. There's now penalties! Like actually penaities. I remember playing 08 and having to try and force the opponent into giving away penalties, just so I could have a shot at goal to make the game more realistic. So in regard to penalties, well done HB. That was probably my biggest problem with 08, so congrats.

First thing I thought when I loaded up the demo: the player models are terrible. Body shapes don't look atheltic at all, and if it wasn't for the numbers on the players backs, I doubt I'd even be able to recognise more than four of them. My one real gameplay gripe, is how easy goal kicking is. On harder difficulties, will the goal kicking bar simply move up and down faster, making it harder to stop it in the right zone? Or will the 'accurate' zone actually become less forgiving, meaning I have to get close to the perfect line? One time I only just stopped it within the zone, and my kick still went perfectly straight :huh:

Since this post will be deleted without a positive or constructive element, I will admit that HB have done one thing very very well. There's now penalties! Like actually penaities. I remember playing 08 and having to try and force the opponent into giving away penalties, just so I could have a shot at goal to make the game more realistic. So in regard to penalties, well done HB. That was probably my biggest problem with 08, so congrats.

Remember you are also using Flood and Steyn two of the best kickers in the rugby world. As well the wind is relatively light in the demo I'm sure this and weather will affect kicks.

Remember you are also using Flood and Steyn two of the best kickers in the rugby world. As well the wind is relatively light in the demo I'm sure this and weather will affect kicks.

Yeah I suppose that's fair enough. Oh one thing which also bothered me was that I couldn't change kicker for specific kicks. I was awarded a penalty at 58m from the posts, and I thought 'sweet I'll get Francois to have a crack' but I couldn't. Do you know if this feature has been added? Don't think it's included in RC either which is a bit of a shame, it seems to be relatively common thing these days in Rugby.

Who said anything about Rugby Challenge? His post made no reference to it so why bring it up?

Jeez stop taking any and all criticism so personally.

He never said anything about Rugby Challenge. That doesn't stop me from being able to bring it up myself in relation to the same basis of comparison. :)

I haven't taken anything personally, just been arguing my points like anyone else. :)

That post was two days ago, let's move on with other discussion please.

Yeah I suppose that's fair enough. Oh one thing which also bothered me was that I couldn't change kicker for specific kicks. I was awarded a penalty at 58m from the posts, and I thought 'sweet I'll get Francois to have a crack' but I couldn't. Do you know if this feature has been added? Don't think it's included in RC either which is a bit of a shame, it seems to be relatively common thing these days in Rugby.

I think it is just because the demo did not allow squad managment, I was hoping to get Francois a 50 m drop goal attempt as well!!! I git about a 42 m drop goal with Morne though and cam close on some 50-55 m penalties.

why would we delete your post? just because its negative? I think not. You made some constructive critisism there, even if you did not know it.

So samoa is not gonna be license at all?? cos i wouldnt buy it if that were the names of the players....

Latest posts