• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Video *EXCLUSIVE* RWC2011 Playtest

Have to delete positive non-constructive ones too though, can't just delete the people that don't like the game.

What do you mean by "the game". I'm talking about unconstructive negativity towards both games.

Also, I wouldn't have to delete positive non-constructive ones too. I'm fairly sure that constructivity and positivity are two traits (separately or not) we do actually want on this forum. Also, I wasn't asking an opinion.

It's certainly had me thinking about the custom soundtracks feature. I'll be enjoying loading up a few new tunes and a few from the earlier Rugby '06 and '08 games too! I've forgotten what songs were on Rugby '05, were there any, or was it just music?

There were songs on 05 as well, I don't know about 04 though

Wow, what's wrong with you Admin guys? I understand that you feel very connected to RWC, and hence you want to 'protect' it to some degree, which is entirely reasonable, but there's no need to deliberately distort public reception by deleting negative comments. Perhaps just put up with it? If you're going to let people praise the game without reason, then let them criticise it without reason too.
There's a huge difference between people saying 'This game looks fantastic, should be awesome when it comes out!' and people saying ' This is the worst game in the history of video games. It's a piece of garbage. Nobody should buy it. Ever.' (I've seen quite a few exactly like that!) because the simple fact is it's just un-needed negative posts from people who have no even played the game, so aren't exactly reliable sources on how good the game is. Surely it's posts like that, that 'distort public reception' as they're completely unfounded.

nothing wrong with negative comments, as long as they are constructive. if everyone just says negative coments and not giving a reason why they think so it gets a bit tedious to go through all the posts saying the same thing.

there are plenty of negative things about this game(graphics, only being world cup), but there are alot of positives too(built on a tried and true engine with more tweaks, which is what we asked for anyway)

and there are plenty of positive and negatives for the other game as well. but without it being constructive it just becomes destructive.

Thank goodness you are deleting those negative comments.

I really disliked those people posting negative comments in a rage fueled manner.

Can you delete those positive comments that don't explain why they think it's so good then. Seriously the mods suck here if they actually are deleting so many negative opinions. It's an internet forum. Tedious or not that is someone's opinions. Admins need to get rid of these mods, or they're as bad as each other.

CA Iverson said:
Also, I wouldn't have to delete positive non-constructive ones too. I'm fairly sure that constructivity and positivity are two traits (separately or not) we do actually want on this forum. Also, I wasn't asking an opinion.

now how about we get back on topic? if you have any complaints you can raise them in the Forum Feedback part of the forum or even PM an admin/mod if you have any problems with what they are doing.

Can you delete those positive comments that don't explain why they think it's so good then. Seriously the mods suck here if they actually are deleting so many negative opinions. It's an internet forum. Tedious or not that is someone's opinions. Admins need to get rid of these mods, or they're as bad as each other.

I rather they deleted them. They are just clogging up the forum with their faux internet rage.

How about stop attacking the staff and actually contributing to other parts of the forum bar the RWC'11 section ... or is that not going to happen?

Staff over the last year had taken enough flak from 'New Rugby Gaming Members' (not everyone before someone starts moaning), and to be honest how can the boys be blamed. There have been a few who have made attacks personal and have constantly de-railed threads on this forum. We are not HB Fanboys and neither are we Anti-SIDHE, we are a rugby forum that has a healthy Rugby Gaming section. If the forum had an allegiance to a product then certainly the other product would not really be marketed here or given its own section. For me the gaming section is detracting from a good rugby community and for me has affected the board. If the some of the 'New Rugby Gaming Members' understood some of the extra work they have created us, then they might understand where some of the staff are coming from.

At the end of the day a lot people should start cutting us some slack.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this rage will be worse when the game comes out, since the demo is free a lot of these cheapo's won't be renting or buying the full version. I wonder how many of these "cancelled my pre-order" guys actually ever ordered the game or even own a credit card. Same for when RC comes out as well.

wonder how many of these "cancelled my pre-order" guys actually ever ordered the game or even own a credit card. Same for when RC comes out as well.

lol.

Bet most of em still live with their parents and rely on them for their monthly allowance.

lol.

Bet most of em still live with their parents and rely on them for their monthly allowance.

lol... You guys 'r hatin because people have a different opinion about a game than u?

I for one enjoyed the game as I still enjoy 08, but I was very disappointed with the progress they made over the years. Hoping RC gives a better image about rugby to the non-rugby audience and is better more fun etc. *fingers crossed*

lol... You guys 'r hatin because people have a different opinion about a game than u?

I for one enjoyed the game as I still enjoy 08, but I was very disappointed with the progress they made over the years. Hoping RC gives a better image about rugby to the non-rugby audience and is better more fun etc. *fingers crossed*

No JW. I have not played the game at all, but the graphics for RWC 2011 are not up to par IMO, the gameplay is almost identical to Rugby 08 ETC ETC..

What i DISLIKE is the way people are posting their comments in such a childish and pathetic manner. If you dislike the game, alright, but please be respectful of other peoples feelings. Most of the negative comments are people trying to troll... I for one would ban em if i was mod since all they are doing is trying to incite responses.. Especially the people who have less then 10 posts.

Was that question or a statement? It reads like a statement but you used a question mark.

There has been some valid criticsm but much of it has just been the same forty to fifty guys who constantly come out of the woodwork to bash EVERY single thing about RWC(or RC for that matter) and I KNOW some of them have lied about their pre-orders because they have cancelled them more than once apparently unless they just keep pre-ordering and then panicking.

I KNOW some of them have lied about their pre-orders because they have cancelled them more than once apparently unless they just keep pre-ordering and then panicking.

Lol... Perhaps their parents noticed someone was using their credit card...

I really suggest people on the fence about the game rent it when it comes out when we see the full product laid out in front of us we can make a full judgment.

Just downloaded the demo...maybe 505 stands for five fifths of sweet stuff nothing since its Rugby 08 with a new badge. Same animations, nearly same gameplay. What a disappointment..its not 2006 anymore guys. Can't wait for Rugby Challenge now!

I think it actually looks better than I'd expected. I've been on 08 lately and it just needs a few tweeks. Either way I love rugby games and have no worries about getting this.

I'm not pre-ordering in case the mail man doesn't show up, going straight down the shops on release day. I've done all the talking now, im not going to bother commenting about the game now until I ve played it. They've re;eased pics, videos and a demo, what more do p[eople want?

Latest posts