• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Video *EXCLUSIVE* RWC2011 Playtest

Cheers for answering my question. So generally a more tricky game then? It will certainly keep any player busy for a while.

*As well as the pre-rwc tours are the tri-nations/6nations/British Lions available? I understand if you're not allowed to answer this yet re: licencing.

*Did you guys have a go at drop goals? As with kicking is this more difficult than 08?

The rucking is ok with a bit of button bashing as long as its not like the old SNES games lol! My wrists are no longer that strong ;-)

* With rucking can you still R2/L2 short pass to forwards and R1/L1 long pass to backs?

* Is lineout control the same?

* there was some talk about offloading, is this the same?

Does anyone know how to slow down the gameplay video? Is there anyway other then to record with video camera of screen to slow down play to analyze the game play? Hey, it is Sunday here!! I already worked out and I am bored:) and Im really getting psyched for these games!!! Love to analyze, its a hobby.:) Particulary the ruck. Maybe I should change my screen name to lionruck.:cool:ha,ha,.
Someone did do this with the RC trailer video, and it really helped to appreciate the game.
Cheers and Salud

Cheers for answering my question. So generally a more tricky game then? It will certainly keep any player busy for a while.

*As well as the pre-rwc tours are the tri-nations/6nations/British Lions available? I understand if you're not allowed to answer this yet re: licencing.

*Did you guys have a go at drop goals? As with kicking is this more difficult than 08?

The rucking is ok with a bit of button bashing as long as its not like the old SNES games lol! My wrists are no longer that strong ;-)

* With rucking can you still R2/L2 short pass to forwards and R1/L1 long pass to backs?

* Is lineout control the same?

* there was some talk about offloading, is this the same?

1. Not at the moment, but could well be a possibility in the future I think anyway.
2. Drop Goals are like Rugby'06 the boys had a go and did not nail one, the harder the level the harder it is to nail them.
3. When will people stop calling the rucking button bashing ... unreal.
4. Yes same controls
5. Yes the same - but better with multiplayer as you have to communicate when you are throwing in and jumping.
6. Offloading is similar but with a greater risk / reward.

Does anyone know how to slow down the gameplay video? Is there anyway other then to record with video camera of screen to slow down play to analyze the game play? Hey, it is Sunday here!! I already worked out and I am bored:) and Im really getting psyched for these games!!! Love to analyze, its a hobby.:) Particulary the ruck. Maybe I should change my screen name to lionruck.:cool:ha,ha,.
Someone did do this with the RC trailer video, and it really helped to appreciate the game.
Cheers and Salud

There is a program you can download called Frapps which will record what is on screen. If you then put this through windows movie maker or something similair I'm sure you could slow it down.

Thanks hobsonm for the info, although, now its getting so close to the demo, will probably analyze that:) Well, hopefully if it is realeased in the US if not will have to go to plan B video slow mo video analyzing.:p
Cheer and Salud

Last edited:
Hahaha ... yes, guilty as.

I'm surprised no one else noticed it LMAO, I can't wait game looks great, got most of you guys added on the XBL now too, good job on the video as well Teh Mite, I forgot how awesome that song was from 06, Getofmeland looks like a man who enjoys a beverage of a refreshing nature!!! Any confirmation of a preferred brewery?

good job on the video as well Teh Mite, I forgot how awesome that song was from 06

It's certainly had me thinking about the custom soundtracks feature. I'll be enjoying loading up a few new tunes and a few from the earlier Rugby '06 and '08 games too! I've forgotten what songs were on Rugby '05, were there any, or was it just music?

It's certainly had me thinking about the custom soundtracks feature. I'll be enjoying loading up a few new tunes and a few from the earlier Rugby '06 and '08 games too! I've forgotten what songs were on Rugby '05, were there any, or was it just music?
I keep getting the Benny Hill theme song stuck in my head when I watch gameplay footage of RWC 2011. Why is that? Is that part of the soundtrack?

I keep getting the Benny Hill theme song stuck in my head when I watch gameplay footage of RWC 2011. Why is that? Is that part of the soundtrack?

That's like me saying, I keep getting "Run to the hills" by Iron Maiden stuck in my head for Rugby Challenge, because people are scattering all over the place out of position and the ball never goes to who you think it should because there's never a coherent backline as everyone goes everywhere.

Would be kind of childish if I suggested it though probably, as it's exaggerating a minor problem.

Also, it'd be pretty pointless as Rugby Challenge doesn't appear at this stage to have Custom Soundtracks.

That's like me saying, I keep getting "Run to the hills" by Iron Maiden stuck in my head for Rugby Challenge, because people are scattering all over the place out of position and the ball never goes to who you think it should because there's never a coherent backline as everyone goes everywhere.

Would be kind of childish if I suggested it though probably, as it's exaggerating a minor problem.

Also, it'd be pretty pointless as Rugby Challenge doesn't appear at this stage to have Custom Soundtracks.

If Rugby Challenge does have Iron Maiden included in its sound track that would be bad ass.
I think RWC 2011 probably couldn't afford the rights to the Benny Hill theme song. Its just too awesome.
Also, why did you post (in a hard to read colour, whats up with that?) that RC is having trouble running smoothly? I am intrigued. Your source please.

I never said that it was having trouble running smoothly. I was just pointlessly speculating on maybe they couldn't run custom soundtracks with the game having so much to do.

Where did I claim that it was fact?

My over-riding point is that anyone can make up pointless speculation, as you have actually done about Rugby World Cup. It's just trolling. People can say that they don't like something, but speculating on the financial resources of HB Studios or making cracks about things that just start arguments will only cause trouble.

I'm about to take a hard-line on it, so anymore rubbish and instead of smart replies, I'll just delete your posts. Much easier.

I never said that it was having trouble running smoothly. I was just pointlessly speculating on maybe they couldn't run custom soundtracks with the game having so much to do.

Where did I claim that it was fact?

My over-riding point is that anyone can make up pointless speculation, as you have actually done about Rugby World Cup. It's just trolling. People can say that they don't like something, but speculating on the financial resources of HB Studios or making cracks about things that just start arguments will only cause trouble.

I'm about to take a hard-line on it, so anymore rubbish and instead of smart replies, I'll just delete your posts. Much easier.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I wasn't speculating on the financial resources of HB studios. Just the awesomeness of the Benny Hill theme song. I would personally put a very high dollar figure on it.

Looking at the footage it seems a heap like rugby 08, not that thats a bad thing. Is the experience very different? Also are turnovers as frequent as 08?

Looking at the footage it seems a heap like rugby 08, not that thats a bad thing. Is the experience very different? Also are turnovers as frequent as 08?

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. pearo here doesn't sound like he's entirely convinced that Rugby World Cup will be significantly better than '08 and that's his right (fair enough). He's still not slagging the game off though, just asking questions and seems sceptical about how much potential development there's been (no problem).

I'm going to see about installing a policy of instant post deletion for anyone who makes a negative and unconstructive comment for either game.

Being negative is fine if you are constructive or explaining in a non-sarcastic way why you feel a little let down or aren't interested.

The disrespectful slagging and fanboyism is going to stop or be deleted. I have a clear set of guidelines that I'm off to the staff room about. :)

Oh yes, pearo. In answer to your question, the experience appears to be significantly different to those who've played, not just TRF people either. The turnovers appear to be much more appropriately handled than before.

The animations are recycled but the game itself feels very different. Should see for yourself later.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. pearo here doesn't sound like he's entirely convinced that Rugby World Cup will be significantly better than '08 and that's his right (fair enough). He's still not slagging the game off though, just asking questions and seems sceptical about how much potential development there's been (no problem).

I'm going to see about installing a policy of instant post deletion for anyone who makes a negative and unconstructive comment for either game.

Being negative is fine if you are constructive or explaining in a non-sarcastic way why you feel a little let down or aren't interested.

The disrespectful slagging and fanboyism is going to stop or be deleted. I have a clear set of guidelines that I'm off to the staff room about. :)

Oh yes, pearo. In answer to your question, the experience appears to be significantly different to those who've played, not just TRF people either. The turnovers appear to be much more appropriately handled than before.

Have to delete positive non-constructive ones too though, can't just delete the people that don't like the game.

Latest posts