• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Views

J

jimmy44

Classic view in Rugby 2005 had a lot to be desired e.g the pitch looked compressed and out of scale etc etc

Could anyone who has played the game give us the low down on how the views have changed for rugby 2006. Is the perspective better on classic view or is it the same?

Cheers

J

Locks what ur view on the classic view?
<

Does it spoil the game if its the same as 2005?

Cheers

classic 2 was a really good view in 05 so wats ur problem

I would personally like the classic view 2 to be slightly closer in but besides that it is perfect for me

Originally posted by richllew@Jan 23 2006, 02:48 AM
classic 2 was a really good view in 05 so wats ur problem

I would personally like the classic view 2 to be slightly closer in but besides that it is perfect for me
Classic 2 or any of the behind views compressed the pitch giving an unrealisdtic perspective - it also effected the general pace of the game. This point came up time and time again when rugby 2005 came out so it is clearly an issue shared by other people. I just wanted Locksy's take on this....

cheers

yeah camera is always a problem but so far everything about rugby 2006 seems to be good. while rc2006 seems to be a let down from most people on this board that have played it.

It's being a let down for so many people because of the the high expectations IMHO.

It was never going to live up to that much hype.

Originally posted by esoj@Jan 23 2006, 09:47 AM
yeah camera is always a problem but so far everything about rugby 2006 seems to be good. while rc2006 seems to be a let down from most people on this board that have played it.
Will let you know when Ive played it but I dont expect to be let down. I was very plesantly surprised when I got the chance to play it not being a fan of WCR.

Cant wait.

Yeah, a hell of a lot of hype and I'm sure a lot of people here wanted a sim, but it's not. Hopefully it's the RPIC of Rugby!

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 23 2006, 08:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 23 2006, 08:23 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Jan 23 2006, 09:47 AM
Will let you know when Ive played it but I dont expect to be let down. I was very plesantly surprised when I got the chance to play it not being a fan of WCR.

Cant wait. [/b]

Means we should get someone to write a mod to make it so you could play both halves beind your team. Classic 2 switching when you get possesion drives me insane

Originally posted by Quintes+Jan 23 2006, 09:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quintes @ Jan 23 2006, 09:11 PM)</div>
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 23 2006, 08:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Jan 23 2006, 09:47 AM

Cant wait.

Means we should get someone to write a mod to make it so you could play both halves beind your team. Classic 2 switching when you get possesion drives me insane [/b]
I think you can play both halfs behind your team - you could in rugby 2005 anyway. I think it was classic view.

Originally posted by jimmy44@Jan 22 2006, 11:51 PM
Classic view in Rugby 2005 had a lot to be desired e.g the pitch looked compressed and out of scale etc etc

Could anyone who has played the game give us the low down on how the views have changed for rugby 2006. Is the perspective better on classic view or is it the same?

Cheers

J
Views.

Side View

Seems a bit further away than Rugby 2005. I don't like Side views in Rugby games at all. I played one game on this view and hated it, but that doesn't say much cos I didn't like the view in 2005.

Classic view

Up and down the field same as last time. The camera doesn't spin. One half you're running down the pitch, the next half you're running up. This view is flawed. Last year, if you wanted to pass to the man to your left, the game passed right!!! That's been fixed this time, but if you string 3 passes the same way together, at least one of them will go in the opposite directio than you wanted it too. I could use this angle if it wasn't for that stupid flaw.

Broadcast

Better than last years. Very much like Side view but much closer and doesn't swing around as much.

Classic 2

Perfect. Still has the same strange depth to it, but it's very enjoyable. I like the way the action pauses, as the camera slowly spins around to give you time to adjust so that you don't run into touch etc. Best View

Classic 3

Exactly the same as Classic 2, but the screen changes instantly behind the attacking team rather than pause and spin. Some may prefer this, but I thought it was too confusing.

Originally posted by locksley+Jan 23 2006, 09:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Jan 23 2006, 09:21 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Jan 22 2006, 11:51 PM

Cheers

J
Views.

Side View

Seems a bit further away than Rugby 2005. I don't like Side views in Rugby games at all. I played one game on this view and hated it, but that doesn't say much cos I didn't like the view in 2005.

Classic view

Up and down the field same as last time. The camera doesn't spin. One half you're running down the pitch, the next half you're running up. This view is flawed. Last year, if you wanted to pass to the man to your left, the game passed right!!! That's been fixed this time, but if you string 3 passes the same way together, at least one of them will go in the opposite directio than you wanted it too. I could use this angle if it wasn't for that stupid flaw.

Broadcast

Better than last years. Very much like Side view but much closer and doesn't swing around as much.

Classic 2

Perfect. Still has the same strange depth to it, but it's very enjoyable. I like the way the action pauses, as the camera slowly spins around to give you time to adjust so that you don't run into touch etc. Best View

Classic 3

Exactly the same as Classic 2, but the screen changes instantly behind the attacking team rather than pause and spin. Some may prefer this, but I thought it was too confusing. [/b]
Hi Locks thanks for the update - real shame about the classic view as this is the one I prefer. I hate the camera always switching behind the player. Looks unrealistic. Anyway hopefully there will be a patch for the PC version.

WOW

<

whats this

a proper broadcast view
and a different sidecam

you little beauty

Sidecam is the only way for me...since JLR, sidecam has defaulted as my preference

As long as its better and the braodcast is like FIFA or PES, i will be very happy indeed

don't know about side view tends to be too hard to see things in most games. broadcast or classic 2 will proabbly be my angles of choice

I just had a game of rugby 2005 on classic 2 view to get used to it, and I have to say I really hate it - I don't like the way the camera always switchs behind the team with the ball - I want to play one half going up the pitch and the other going down, so you really feel like you are playing two separate halfs. However with the fault with classic view in rugby 2006 it looks like I can't use my favourite view. Before I even buy the game this is a real spoiler for me. I just can't believe that a game could be released with such a glaring error
<
<

locksy can I just ask - is there defintely a glitch with classic view in rugby 2006? could it be just that you don't have the final version or perhaps not used to the controls? Do you recon this bug will also crop up in the PC version? This is really going to eat me up in the 20 days to the release so any feedback would be great!

Cheers

Well at least there are more than 4 bloody views this year - Classic 2 sounds good. I cant play on side view because i like to see where im kicking, but if the kicking mechanics have somehow changed for the best, side view might be the go.

Thanks a lot to Locks for the info also

yeah I started out playing classic views, after a while the game got too easy and so I switched to side, it was like having a new game! I think I'll start of side view this time round

Latest posts