• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales Team, Six Nations 2013

He shouldn't have been on the field then. He made no attempt to go for Barnes and even slow him down.
It's an 80 minute match, and the last few have always been a problem.

Ye he shouldn't have been but who could you have replaced him with, both Tipuric and Ryan were on the pitch. Also when you have nothing left in the tank ... it's pretty hard to go and chase someone down. People forget he actually talked well, carried and was our only lineout option. Reed is not the greatest player but he certainly not the worse.

Ye he shouldn't have been but who could you have replaced him with, both Tipuric and Ryan were on the pitch. Also when you have nothing left in the tank ... it's pretty hard to go and chase someone down. People forget he actually talked well, carried and was our only lineout option. Reed is not the greatest player but he certainly not the worse.

He was decent, but I still remain unconvinced of his capabilities even in Pro12. I'd rather not rely on him in a crunch match. Our lack of second rows really doesn't help though,

Duck come off it. Reed was out on his feet. We have been over this before, let it go. Reed was not up to the usual fitness standards Wales expect. He was a late call up to the Welsh squad. He did pretty well, lad ran himself into the ground. If you seriously think a second row would catch a back, then there is no hope.

Virtually every other player was moving faster than Reed. Also that was a forward Dave Dennis who outpaced him and he hardly looked like he was running that quickly either. I know he was tired, but surely he could have one last effort better than that.

And as you yourself have said, it begs the question, why do Cardiff Blues not look after their players' fitness properly? It's amateur, and the other regions have cases to answer for as well.

I didn't know Sam Warburton is/was English?

RW: What are your World Cup memories?
SW: My best memory is of 2003 when Jonny Wikinson dropped the goal to win it – and I was supporting England at the time. Both my parents are English so I'm not like other Welsh people who hate the English and I enjoyed watching that final. I never thought I'd be able to take part in a World Cup. If someone had told me that at the time, I wouldn't have believed them and now it's within my grasp I'm so excited.
DL: My father is English so I've not got a big thing about hating England either, although when I'm playing them I obviously want to beat them, like any team. I just remember the last World Cup and Wales being beaten by Fiji. That was a big loss for us.
http://www.rugbyworld.com/news/sam-warburton-and-dan-lydiate/

A couple of years ago, I'd have been upset about losing him, but I think we've got a few options coming through now. :)

It feels like 2011 again.
I'm just waiting for Tuilagi to jump off another ferry.

My point exactly ;)
I'd go through and list them but it's probably not the time or place - don't want to upset the future wooden spoon holders too much!

We have to take the English because our previous supply of kiwis has been taken.

Any more off topic **** in here will be removed, keep it to the respective threads.

I find it incredible how many English/Irish trollish fools are posting in this Welsh thread and how few are doing the same in the Irish/English thread. Typical.

Anyways...I'll be at the Millennium for the Ireland game and will try to take some good snaps!

Can definitely understand why Ireland are being considered favourites for the game as their regional teams are on brilliant form, however i feel if Wales manage to hold onto the ball and stop kicking it away at any opportunity, plus compete properly at the breakdown (not easy with so many second row injuries) then Wales will have the edge. And if we do beat Ireland I think we have a very good chance of going for the ***le as we still have the most talented squad in Europe. If we lose, I think it will be France for the ***le. England had one good game against a severely weakened All Blacks team and i don't personally buy into the sudden hype which is surrounding the team. If Ireland gain some confidence and a winning start, they could also challenge for the ***le.

All in all, it's going to be very close between the top 4 no doubt. Good luck Lads!

Edit: I'd go for Biggar to start at 10 solely down to form, Warbs at 6 for his solid defensive skills and Tips at 7 as he is the form Openside in Wales.

Last edited:
I find it incredible how many English/Irish trollish fools are posting in this Welsh thread and how few are doing the same in the Irish/English thread. Typical.

Anyways...I'll be at the Millennium for the Ireland game and will try to take some good snaps!

Can definitely understand why Ireland are being considered favourites for the game as their regional teams are on brilliant form, however i feel if Wales manage to hold onto the ball and stop kicking it away at any opportunity, plus compete properly at the breakdown (not easy with so many second row injuries) then Wales will have the edge. And if we do beat Ireland I think we have a very good chance of going for the ***le as we still have the most talented squad in Europe. If we lose, I think it will be France for the ***le. England had one good game against a severely weakened All Blacks team and i don't personally buy into the sudden hype which is surrounding the team. If Ireland gain some confidence and a winning start, they could also challenge for the ***le.

All in all, it's going to be very close between the top 4 no doubt. Good luck Lads!
The irony is not missed.

We'll see how ironic that is when, inevitably, England are found out during this six nations. Bring it on!

Edit: I'd go for Biggar to start at 10 solely down to form, Warbs at 6 for his solid defensive skills and Tips at 7 as he is the form Openside in Wales.

CNV00007_zps983c6a5c.jpg

Latest posts