• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales Team, Six Nations 2013

The Blues had been playing with that interchangebale 10/15 axis with Tovey/Patchell, and it looked like it was working, so they've just done the same with halfpenny, and that looked good going on his second try against Toulon.

Ah the first half of that Toulon game is all the Blues rugby Ive managed to catch recently just saw Halfpenny's second try on YouTube, wow cracking finish! Tears the defence to shreds from first receiver.

I think in another life Halfpenny would make a good outside half. Then again, I think he is just skilled enough to play anywhere.

Olly Kohn has been called up to partake as a training member only.

Good to hear, and I am not taking the ****.
At this point I don't care, just win a bloody match.

He seems to be rather highly thought of by those that have seen him play, we have done worse. I take it Ian might not make it, if so we need a lump to backup Adam. Might I just add that it is TRF friend Olly Kohn, master of sausage and interviews?

Last edited:
Adam Jones with Olly Kohn behind him.....
juggernaut-movie-hc.gif

According to the Quins website, Olly Kohn is 21 stone 10 lbs (http://www.quins.co.uk/rugby/harlequins_rugby_union_1st_xv.php?player=7116&includeref=dynamic), must be one of the heaviest locks going. However some here seem to think he is perhaps the best scrummaging lock in the Premiership and the reason behind James Johnston suddenly becoming a top prop in the league and Joe Marler (who was pretty poor scrummager 18 months ago) improving to get an England call up. So for that reason, I want to see a front five of Paul James, Richie Hibbard, Adam Jones, Olly Kohn and Ian Evans, just to see what would happen.

Also I am not a big fan of Lou Reed, he looks like he is carrying a bit too much around the waist, and I was displeased with his laziness for the last Australian try in December, watch on the video at the Wales #4 and look how lazily he is jogging. I know he's tired as it's the last minute, but he's playing for his country and should do better with one last effort and is outpaced on the outside by lumbering Dave Dennis hardly a quick winger, Mike Phillips for that matter also seems to be jogging back to make the tackle. Cuthbert on the other hand makes his best effort, but Reed and Phillips could have stopped that try, and then Wales wouldn't be in the pool of death in 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet jesus, that tight five...
Perspective might play into it somewhat, but Reed looks close enough to get a least a tug on Barnes' shirt...

Sweet jesus, that tight five...
Perspective might play into it somewhat, but Reed looks close enough to get a least a tug on Barnes' shirt...

Thought the same at the time. Ultimately, both he and Phillips look completely knackered and simply had nothing left in the tank. Maybe this points to a slight mistake by Gatland for not substituting Phillips at the least. We didn't have a lock replacement available, but we could have brought on a scrumhalf replacement, and maybe he would have got back to stop the try.

I'd also like to see that front five from a scrummaging perspective. However we could also get away with the lightweight James King alongside Kohn, which could be a better balance, although inexperienced.

Adam Jones with Olly Kohn behind him.....
juggernaut-movie-hc.gif
:lol:

I was coming here to say something about that and couldn't have put it better in any way. The thought of them two coming through Marler is enough to make me feel sick!

:lol:

I was coming here to say something about that and couldn't have put it better in any way. The thought of them two coming through Marler is enough to make me feel sick!
Yeah, that's pretty nasty.

According to the Quins website, Olly Kohn is 21 stone 10 lbs (http://www.quins.co.uk/rugby/harlequins_rugby_union_1st_xv.php?player=7116&includeref=dynamic), must be one of the heaviest locks going. However some here seem to think he is perhaps the best scrummaging lock in the Premiership and the reason behind James Johnston suddenly becoming a top prop in the league and Joe Marler (who was pretty poor scrummager 18 months ago) improving to get an England call up. So for that reason, I want to see a front five of Paul James, Richie Hibbard, Adam Jones, Olly Kohn and Ian Evans, just to see what would happen.

Also I am not a big fan of Lou Reed, he looks like he is carrying a bit too much around the waist, and I was displeased with his laziness for the last Australian try in December, watch on the video at the Wales #4 and look how lazily he is jogging. I know he's tired as it's the last minute, but he's playing for his country and should do better with one last effort and is outpaced on the outside by lumbering Dave Dennis hardly a quick winger, Mike Phillips for that matter also seems to be jogging back to make the tackle. Cuthbert on the other hand makes his best effort, but Reed and Phillips could have stopped that try, and then Wales wouldn't be in the pool of death in 2015.

Duck come off it. Reed was out on his feet. We have been over this before, let it go. Reed was not up to the usual fitness standards Wales expect. He was a late call up to the Welsh squad. He did pretty well, lad ran himself into the ground. If you seriously think a second row would catch a back, then there is no hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Duck come off it. Reed was out on his feet. We have been over this before, let it go. Reed was not up to the usual fitness standards Wales expect. He was a late call up to the Welsh squad. He did pretty well, lad ran himself into the ground. If you seriously think a second row would catch a back, then there is no hope.

He shouldn't have been on the field then. He made no attempt to go for Barnes and even slow him down.
It's an 80 minute match, and the last few have always been a problem.

Latest posts