• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales Team, Six Nations 2013

The first few seconds of this video are a perfect example of a classic Halfpenny Swirl ©.
I'd like to see Foden try THAT.
Henson, on the other hand, with the right training and coaching, is more than capable of attempting the
Halfpenny Swirl ©. But if he masters it, he'll have to get permission to use it from Halfpenny himself (not to mention Halpenny's numerous lawyers).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry PsychicDuck, I believe I posted the same example of the Halfpenny Swirl © as you did in your previous gif. I do apologize.

The problem with Halfpenny is that he makes all these big tackles out of nowhere that everyone loves him for, but that's only because he (for some reason!) thinks he's a wing and shouldn't be in position as a fullback and has to cover half the field if he wants to make a tackle.

Henson is Welsh and has a tan. But we know from Foden that the best fullbacks don't have tans.

Why Foden is good:
1. He isn't afraid of anything.
2. He links well with EVERY PLAYER ON THE FIELD.
3. 2. includes the opposition. Dat interception.
4. He's a reasonable size for a fullback.
5. Do you see him? Where is he? Oh, just getting another try. He likes doing that. Halfpenny should try scoring in multiples of 5.
6. Players that are running towards him might as well just lie down where they are. They're not fooling Foden.

Why Halfpenny is good:
1. Swirl.

6-1.

Last edited:
I suppose you have a point J'nuh. I mean you can't really argue when Foden has just beaten Halfpenny 6-1. That's like two penalty kicks to half a conversion, in rugby terms. Crap. But I suppose, deep down, I already know that Halfpenny is all about halves. He is half a player, really, if we're honest :(

I mean, I guess I just cling to the hope that one day Halfpenny will become even half the player that Foden is. It's really sad that the Swirl is deluding the Welsh public into believing Leigh is the best fullback in europe. But really, we need to see the light.
We need to get rid of Halfpenny, and bring Henson in at fullback for Wales. Debate...

Kearney can do the swirl. WHEN THE OPPOSITION HAS THE BALL AND MAKES A BREAK AND THEY HAVE SUPPORT AND HE NEVER KNOWS WHO TO GO FOR SO ALWAYS GOES FOR NOBODY AND THEN JUST FALLS OVER!

Ha.

Take that, Ireland.

I like how this thread has descended into a troll fest of 'my fullback is better than yours'

Pity there's not a Scottish fan around to join in with '**** all of yon tossers, Stuart Hogg tae rescue!'

I like how this thread has descended into a troll fest of 'my fullback is better than yours'

Pity there's not a Scottish fan around to join in with '**** all of yon tossers, Stuart Hogg tae rescue!'

More than that; a conversation jokingly alluding to the Foden-Halfpenny-Kearney debate.... turned right into the Foden-Halfpenny-Kearney debate :p

Halfpenny has the swirl, Kearney has the the revolving door.

Anyone watching Ireland vs Wales Six nations 2008 on ESPN classic? Think we all miss a bit of Shane Horgan... and Mike Phillips getting carded for knee-dropping him in the back...some things never change!

Anyone watching Ireland vs Wales Six nations 2008 on ESPN classic? Think we all miss a bit of Shane Horgan... and Mike Phillips getting carded for knee-dropping him in the back...some things never change!

Don't forget Bernard Jackson being a dull cowardly tosspot and smashing into the back of a pinned, out of the way Ryan Jones, and therefore giving away what was the match clinching penalty...
Bloody tense game that one, that try from Shane was just sheer class too!

Also: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/21057029 Patchell has been included into the u20s squad, but will be monitored closely by Howley and the Wales backroom staff. Glad he's in the u20s, think it'll do him more good than being chucked into the senior squad straight away, and I'm assuming he's being monitored because he's probably the no.10 they'll call up if Biggar or Hook get injured.

Last edited:
Kearney is the only capped lions full back out of the three and I will put my right leg on him starting in the big AU

Bog off to one of the dozen Lions threads if you want to discuss Kearney and Foden.

Talking about Halfpenny, anyone else noticed he's starting to step into Shane's old role as '2nd playmaker'? Obviously we saw him playing 10 for 10 mins against England when Preistland was in the bin, but I've noticed he's starting filling in at 1st receiver quite a lot recently For example, in the Toulon v Blues game last weekend, if Patchell took the ball in, or got caught up in contact, Halfpenny would usually be the one to run up and get it out wide if the backs wanted it.
I wonder if this will continue with Wales, especially since it's unlikely we'll have a playmaker in the centres (they wont put Hook and Biggar on the same pitch unless they're forced to I think), with Roberts - Davies or Roberts/Davies and North being the likely centre partnerships

Talking about Halfpenny, anyone else noticed he's starting to step into Shane's old role as '2nd playmaker'? Obviously we saw him playing 10 for 10 mins against England when Preistland was in the bin, but I've noticed he's starting filling in at 1st receiver quite a lot recently For example, in the Toulon v Blues game last weekend, if Patchell took the ball in, or got caught up in contact, Halfpenny would usually be the one to run up and get it out wide if the backs wanted it.
I wonder if this will continue with Wales, especially since it's unlikely we'll have a playmaker in the centres (they wont put Hook and Biggar on the same pitch unless they're forced to I think), with Roberts - Davies or Roberts/Davies and North being the likely centre partnerships
The Blues had been playing with that interchangebale 10/15 axis with Tovey/Patchell, and it looked like it was working, so they've just done the same with halfpenny, and that looked good going on his second try against Toulon.