• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales V Argentina

personally think Dan should have started instead of Powell like Gatland said he was going to if Martyn Williams came back in - which he did
i really hope Dan gets some game time to mark a great comeback

Peely should be there not Cooper!!

Anyone should be there instead of Powell. Lydiate, JT, Warburton, anyone. It will be great to see Lydiate get a Welsh cap, non-one more deserving.

Agree about Peel aswell. I'd have started him and have Martin Roberts on the bench, as I think both are playing better than Cooper. Don't understand how Cooper can say that he was happy with his performance v the All Blacks (BBC Sport). If he considers sloppy passing a good performance then there's no hope for him.

But for Gatland to choose a Dragons player would mean to go against a sense of logic that he seems to be avoiding right now.
There are a fair few boys in the dragons team that deserves a chance in the welsh squad...and last week would have been an ideal time. Anyone else love watching Fussel tear up the field when he plays?

Anyway, i'm not sure why, but i dont see us losing this.
Then again, in the coming days before a match i can never see us losing. LOL.
Blind faith!

2 tries we've scored at home this year!

Lets get the centres creating not looking to smash each time!!

If the Welsh centers opt to smash up the middle all the time then Argies will just pound them into the ground.

Exactly. Welsh guys are meant for running fast and around things and not for running at the biggest opposition player, injuring their shoulder in the process.

It is this fact which leads me to state that Wales must opt for a devil-may-care running game and not play Andy Powell...

I'd be happy if we didn't choose Andy Powell again, for a long time.
But, he does like running, and he does have a pretty good step, maybe he can utilise that this saturday.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Nov 18 2009, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anyone should be there instead of Powell. Lydiate, JT, Warburton, anyone. It will be great to see Lydiate get a Welsh cap, non-one more deserving.[/b]

exactly - someone understands how i feel

i would have loved more Dragons players there - like Fussell, Tov and Ashley Smith (although hes out injured)

Our game has has changed since the introduction of Roberts and Powell to the international stage

Teams just man mark then then.

I personally wanna see a better game of rugby..

i can see this being close though

EDIT: Bradley Davies Injured out of 22, replaced by Jon Thomas

Is this Jason Tovey any good then? I don't watch the other regions, heard big things.
Would of been nice to give him a few games while Byrnes out

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 20 2009, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Exactly. Welsh guys are meant for running fast and around things and not for running at the biggest opposition player, injuring their shoulder in the process.

It is this fact which leads me to state that Wales must opt for a devil-may-care running game and not play Andy Powell...[/b]
BTW - well done to Sarries.

By any chance, do you have vid of their cheerleaders? I would like to make a complaint if their skirts are too short.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ozzay @ Nov 19 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is this Jason Tovey any good then? I don't watch the other regions, heard big things.
Would of been nice to give him a few games while Byrnes out[/b]

yes he is really good

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LydiatesGirl @ Nov 20 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ozzay @ Nov 19 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes he is really good
[/b][/quote]

His form has dipped slightly this year though. He's been behind Martyn Thomas in the pecking order at fullback for the Dragons for the majority of this season, and Alridge has certainly been their number one outside half! He's still young though, and hopefully he'll get more game time at 10 either this season or next. He's a great reader of the game, and every time I've seen him play at 10, he's shown that he's a natural footballer and plays what's in front of him. I think that's where his future lies, however he was shoehorned in at 15 for Wales at U20 level, and again at the Dragon's due to their lack of cover in that position. Now that Martyn Thomas has emerged, maybe it will mean Tovey get's to play in his preferred position at 10.

Don't think he quite deserved a call up this Autumn, as Daniel Evans has been in better form this season. He was certainly unlucky to miss out on the Summer tour because of the Dragon's HC playoff, he's certainly one for the future though. Sure he'll be part of Wales' squad for the WC.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ozzay @ Nov 19 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quick answer: Yes.

I can understand why Gatland didn't pick him (He began to freeze in a couple of the big Heinkein Cup games) but I still think seeing him come on for 20 against Samoa would be no bad thing. He's an excellent kicker, and just has that gift of knowing how and where to pass or kick, and exactly when.

Convincing win in the end for Wales, but the performance wasn't great again. Too many mistakes stopping out game from flowing like it should. Some good performances from Martyn Williams, Stephen Jones and Shane Williams. However I thought Cooper, Jamie Roberts, Jonathan Davies and Ryan Jones weren't that great. Cooper's passing is appalling, can't see him keeping his place next week. Jamie Roberts and Jonathan Davies both knocked the ball on a couple of times and neither really managed to create much in attack. Jonathan Davies also gifted that try to Argentina. Ryan Jones kinda got in the way of the backs a couple of times imo. He's not exactly the most dynamic of ball carriers, and got himsel isolated and turned over on occasions.

Plently to work on for next week, but more encouraging than last week. Overall, great result, average performance.

Edit: well done to Paul James, really stood up well in the scrums, and was reasonably prominent in the loose. Really proving me wrong on the tighthead. The Ospreys may have to look at this and consider playing him at 3 instead of Cai Griffiths.

Latest posts