• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v France

I am not even sure a grand slam would benefit Wales, player power again, Lions dispute (although this time I do not see many english players in the Lion side), Henson saga,.....

It is just like Wales can't manage success and needs to be brought back to earth to achieve something.

Maybe they should try to keep the wooden spoon until 2011, and who knows they might win the thing.

[/b]
So true, but I think it might be different this time....... I hope. I don't think Warren Gatland would let that happen, there's no player power and Henson's saga is over. Then again, we have the WRU in charge, anything could happen; like ******* off the coach that's just bought us (hypothetically) the grand slam.........

As for being 'funny' in our confidence about beating France, we're still not this confident. :p

[/b]
It must still be sweet for French fans to read this:

It is, of course, our national duty to be hellishly nervous before a World Cup quarter-final, but it's difficult to even get a little twitchy this time no matter how many people insist on saying "France are capable of anything".[/b]

My doubt about Hook starting is not the kicking or the tackling: it's the intercept passes (I think two this championship), plus the fact that if the match turns in to an attacking frenzy, France have more crazy runners than Wales.

France have more crazy runners than Wales.
[/b]

This made me lol. Can just imagine a filed full of nutters, running around like headless chicken.... just a few more French than Welsh.

I am not even sure a grand slam would benefit Wales, player power again, Lions dispute (although this time I do not see many english players in the Lion side), Henson saga...[/b]

I don't think it matters that much in the grand scheme of things whether we get the grand slam or just the championship (though losing the championship by 19 points would be an obvious blow to confidence). Grand Slams are freak occurances that take luck as well as skill. I'd say we have about a 50/50 chance on Saturday, maybe it'll happen and maybe not. The important thing is that Wales are progressing well right now.

I'm not sure you can equate Wales' situation now with that of 2005 at all. There was no strength in depth in that squad and just a few injuries did us in for the next year. Also that six nations was the culmination of something rather than the beginning of something new under a new coach. The player power problem has been removed and there's none of the friction between squad and manager with Gatland there was under Ruddock.

That's my 2c

<div class='quotemain'>France have more crazy runners than Wales.
[/b]

This made me lol. Can just imagine a filed full of nutters, running around like headless chicken.... just a few more French than Welsh. [/b][/quote]

But the man has got a point. It does sometimes feel that way when you're watching one or both of those teams.

How does everyone think Wales should play it against France. Personally I think Wales will have the edge up front which will alow them to cut loose in the second half once the French have been softened up. Also the French dont play well when things start to break down due to the gallic temperament so Wales will need to start with a bang and demoralise them early on. Then I think you will see a big Welsh win.France in my eyes are tailor made for wales.

Tailor made? We still have never beaten France in Cardiff, and it's going to be tough on Saturday. I'm sure Hook will be testing Floch all night, with his inexperience at fullback.

Testing Floch at fullback is quite logical, but considering him with an inexperience at his position could bring Walles big surprises.
Don't forget that it's his natural position at Clermont, and the association Malzieu/Floch is as explosive as Clerc/Heymans, despite beeing less known from the international.

We still have never beaten France in Cardiff.[/b]

Ey, we've beaten them in Cardiff loads of times. We beat them 49-14 in 1910! :p

We beat them in Cardiff 30 years ago to win a Grand Slam too.

Oh, there we go then, the game's in the bag! :D

Sorry France, there's no point in you even turning up. ;)

So, I'm hoping that a Chabaless France get Pounded by Wales. I'm just putting it out there.
I don't quite know why Wales has won every match thus far...it's just sort of happened...no offense to my Welsh friends...so, I'm hoping that keep that run going and finish off with a grand slam.

So, I'm hoping that a Chabaless France get Pounded by Wales. I'm just putting it out there[/b]

To tell the truth, even with my home nation going for the slam, I'd feel mixed emotions with Chabal of the pitch.

So, I'm hoping that a Chabaless France get Pounded by Wales. I'm just putting it out there.
I don't quite know why Wales has won every match thus far...it's just sort of happened...no offense to my Welsh friends...so, I'm hoping that keep that run going and finish off with a grand slam.
[/b]
Hey, dude - haven't see you around in ages. I'd say welcome back, but it looks like you've returned as a Welsh -American.

<div class='quotemain'> So, I'm hoping that a Chabaless France get Pounded by Wales. I'm just putting it out there.
[/b]
Hey, dude - haven't see you around in ages. I'd say welcome back, but it looks like you've returned as a Welsh -American.
[/b][/quote] No, I'd say Irish-Welsh-American.

It's great to see you back O' Roth. I feel the TRF is complete again!

<div class='quotemain'> Close game this I say very close![/b]

Wales by 0.5 points!

[/b][/quote]
Or a Shane Williams touchline "try".

p.s. I thought it was good - pesky TV cameras.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Close game this I say very close![/b]

Wales by 0.5 points!

[/b][/quote]
Or a Shane Williams touchline "try".
[/b][/quote]

:lol:

Latest posts