• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see most of the Welsh fans not getting ahead of themselves. From a Scottish point of view i really cant see us winning but it will probably be a sort of 5-10 point difference for most of the game. Paterson's at fullback and Brown is in for Callam at no.8 which on form and experience is a good move.

Should be a great game,there always are a bit special playing at the Millenium Stadium.

Good to see most of the Welsh fans not getting ahead of themselves.[/b]
We got so far ahead of ourselves we've gone full circle back to where we were. "We're crap" - (beat England) - "Grand Slam!!!" - (sober up, watches video) - "We're crap".

I was really cheering for Scotland last week against France. They deserve some good wins, just hope one doesn't come this weekend.

In my view Scotland have one of the better packs in the 6 nations, their performance in the second half last week was well below what they are capable of, sure they will want to right some wrongs v Wales. Their problems lie in the backs though.

They are having trouble finding the right balance at 10, with Parks a bit too safe for my liking and Paterson the opposite. The centers are not creative enough, mind you De Luca looked promising once he stopped dropping the ball, sure he'll be allot better on his second cap, I'm definitely hoping he'll improve. Loosing both Lamonts were a huge loss, they are their star players behind the scrum, always make something happen. Hope they'll be back soon.

Wales are favourites rightly so, but I'm sure Scotland will push as all the way.

The Lamonts will be missed dearly!

Patterson at 15 could be good though, and hopefully De Luca can continue to improve at this level.

I would also have liked to see Thom Evans make the bench (although I am a little biased) - He always looks dangerous in attack, and played well for the A team last sunday.

Im actually slightly more optomitic now than I was on Sunday night - It'll be tough, but a victory would put our championship back on track. Only problem i can foresee is that confidence will be rock bottom in the Scotland camp, and sky high in the welsh camp. :(

Hadden's comments aren't very convincing. He seems to be downplaying expectations, saying it's a tight turnaround, and that winning would be as much of a shock as Wales beating England. I think he expects to lose and is getting his excuses in early. They should be much more confident.

Hmm, Evans is lightning quick. 10.8 isnt it? but the way we play and the intensity of international rugby means in my opinion hes not ready and more importantly wouldnt be suitable for this game. Maybe he should be brought in in the Autumm.

Hadden's comments aren't very convincing. He seems to be downplaying expectations, saying it's a tight turnaround, and that winning would be as much of a shock as Wales beating England. I think he expects to lose and is getting his excuses in early. They should be much more confident.
[/b]

Hadden is the dullest of the dull though, if you want stereotypical comments time after time look no further than Frankie boy.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Jamie Roberts getting his first cap. I think wing is a better position to make a debut from that fullback. Hope he can get into the game nice and early and build his confidence, although he doesn't seem short of it the way he's been playing for Cardiff Blues this season.

He should become a mainstay in the Welsh team for years to come, him at full back with Tom James on the wing seems a lethal combination, especially with Shane on the other wing for a few more years yet.

Lol.
Shane will be 40 before he leaves the international scene. He doesn't want to go and we don't want to see him go.

You have to pardon my ignorance, but did you say Thom Evans can run 10.8?!

I think Scotland have all the physical makings of a fantastic rugby side, it's just the petty mistakes that are holding us back.
I think more work needs to be done to stop the Scottish players from being so nervous on the field.

Didn't see much of the France match, but Scotland are disappointing. They have the bish-bash, which they showed last time they met Ireland (and which Wales have lacked for years). But it looked like they were getting a some smarts in to their game as well.

I suppose being clueless against France isn't terminal. And having Patterson on the field straight away is a big improvement.

Talking of smart players: Mark Jones dropped! Massive tackler, and very clever to go to ground when Vinny from Tonga was set to smash him. Criticism over his failure in England's try, but Vinny was very good on that move. I dunno - no idea about Jamie Roberts, so good luck with that.

Lol.
Shane will be 40 before he leaves the international scene. He doesn't want to go and we don't want to see him go.

[/b]

Yup, he had the choice to become an athlete or a rugby player. So yea hes bloody quick at sub 11

<div class='quotemain'>
Lol.

[/b]

Yup, he had the choice to become an athlete or a rugby player. So yea hes bloody quick at sub 11 [/b][/quote]

hm, never knew that! (although I do know there are videos of his boy band on youtube - called 24/7)

A pretty sporty familly then, his brother Max (who also plays for the Warriors) is a professional golfer, his dad also, and his mother an ex 100M provincional champion in Durban (probably where the speed comes from) Cant find a time though.

One of the sky commentators said it...unless im losing it..

One of the sky commentators said it...unless im losing it.. [/b]

i wouldnt trust anything I heard on sky! ;)

but I know hes quick, just never heard numbers before.

Gas is all fine and well but you need to have skills and a rugby brain to go with it too.

Webster's injured himself, so Southwell is coming in at full back and Paterson moving to the wing.

At least Southwell can defend. :/

And Danielli on the bench - has scored 3 tries in 3 games against the Ospreys this season! :D

And Danielli on the bench - has scored 3 tries in 3 games against the Ospreys this season! :D
[/b]

I would rather have Danielli on the wing that Paterson, Southwell is crap so i can see us getting mauled. The more injuries the more our disturbing lack of depth is exposed.

Southwell can defend, but his decision making in attack is terrible. Every counter attack is an up and under, and every 2 v 1 he doesn't pass. Paterson can run nice angles with pace from 15 and is a good decision maker so I would have prefered him there and calling Danielli straight in to the team.

Perhaps he'll prove us wrong, but I just don't see Southwell as an international 15 just now. For Edinburgh, he's been in competition for his place with Carins. It's too soon for Cairns to win a cap, but if he's not always able to hold down is place for his club, does that not say he's not capable of playing interntaional rugby at 15?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts