• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be another Grand Slam for Wales or France? I'd put my money on Wales at the moment. Wales will beat Scotland comfortably this weekend and Italy the following week. But then it gets tough for them with matches against France, Ireland and Italy.

I don't see anyone achieving a grand slam this season. Certainly the Welsh won't achieve it after the way they played last week, and the french squad is not as strong as it used to be (Ireland have a good chance of beat the cockerels today).
But if we can push past scotland today then i'm certainly expecting a 3rd place finish from us.

sounds about right Matt. I think we'll loose our last two games. Ireland usually have the measure of us, and first time for the Welsh playing in Croke will give the Irish an advantage they should be able to capitilise on.

I suppose the French game will all depend on how the two teams have done up till then, but if I'm honest I can see them just taking the game away from us in the last 10-20min.

I'm gonna predict a second place finish for Wales behind France with Ireland/England in third. I just think Ireland will loose to France today and England, also gonna predict an English win against the French.

I have faith in Scotland, but I can see myself eating my words about 3/4 pages down the line.

Where's the faith coming from? :p

We have only had a few good-excellent performances this century. Ireland 2001,England 2000 and France 2006. Its about time we really play well against the Welsh, would be nice to do what John Leslie did in 99, score in 8 seconds :lol:

But seriously our pack has to get them going backwards, in the second half when the weaker substitutes come on in the scrum we may be fooked but up until then we should have the edge. Just NO DAFT TRIES, Italy,Ireland,Argentina,France have all been on the end of our gift passes and charge downs over the last year.We need to cut that out.

Since we're predicting the final table:

1) Wales
2) Italy
3) Scotland
4) Ireland
5) France
6) England

/fact. :p

I think last week's score flattered France, Scotland aren't that bad a side. Wouldn't write the boys off totally against Wales, I'm sure they will come out fighting after last Sunday's defeat.

Here are two things I'd like to see from Scotland this match...

1) Reduction in basic errors.

2) Remembering how to play rugby when in the Wales 22!

I didn't think it flattered France, they took the risk of making those oppurtunities, and while they were lucky, it's much more than what Scotland would have done, as they were terrible that day. Of course, Scotland are definately not that bad, they most probably underestimated the French, as they were going into the match as favourites, and were playing against the French minus Ibanez, Jauzion, Pelous and Chabal.
I expect a much improved performance from the Scots today though.

Really looking foreward to what will hopefully be an excellent game of rugby on this glorious day. Conditions are absolutely excellent, perfect for some open running rugby, hope we get to see planty from both sides.

Just signed up to Setanta Sports with my mums cred card online, within fifteen seconds the cable went all crazy then it came on, f***ing epic.

After Gareth Davies called the top four teams on the IRB charts (let alone the three teams that have one five of the six world cups) backwater nations in rugby, I thought i'd take his advise and watch the best the NH has to offer.

Bring it on :D

Oh god not a good start. What's wrong with the lineout?

edit: brilliant turnover from Barclay I think it was

If Scotland win this in the manner we did to England last week, I hope the Western Mail say, "We lost it, they didn't win." That's reason enough for me to shotgun them in the face.

Didnt realise the Scots were missing both the Lamonts and Webster. It certainly shows though.

Its all so static from the Scots. Blair, for all his individual inventiveness needs to learn to switch the point of attack from the fringes to midfield. The Scots are getting nothing around the fringes with the slow ball, get it to a midfield runner and bring it up the middle.

Welsh mistakes and Scots defense are the only thing keeping this game close (I was going to say interesting).

The Scots can't assess their bloody options, three man overlap and the ball does not spread. To be fair though they're hanging on and when they keep a defensive line instead of that rush bullshit they can really dig in.

Also, always thought Paterson was a bit hyped but I don't mind him now, yet whenever he reacts on Welsh mistakes he has to opt to chip because he never has supporting runners.

Both lineouts are ****.

Didnt realise the Scots were missing both the Lamonts and Webster. It certainly shows though.[/b]

Yeah, they're really missing Sean Lamont ball carrying and Rory's swashbucking prowess at full back. Patterson is good in a chase but just doesn't have that speed anymore. The Scottish defense is pretty damn slick, they're on top of everything right now but its so risky and dangerous with a team that loves to throw the ball around like Wales.

The annoying thing is that when they have an overlap, the ball always seems to fall to a prop who (obviously) opts to take it to ground. I severely hope Robinson hasn't had an input in this team...

Watching this, its making me even more depressed about last weekend. This is like New Zealand watching the World Cup Semi-Final and wondering how they got knocked out the weekend before...

Somebody pinch me, did I just see Dan Parks take somebody on and run with the ball?!

Hook is a World-class player, but he needs to learn to stop taking everything on by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts