• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales vs Australia

Nah sorry, Mortlock will make Shanklin his little scat-whore, I'd say the only centre who can top Mortlock, in play and gross uglyness, is B.O.D. Though, only time will tell.

lol shanklin is the most underestimated centre in the world!! just look at the guys assist and try ratio it really is something, hes such a hard worker, and in my opinion is our most important player.

i got tickets now for this game, gunna be there!! absolutely buzzing... biggest game for wales in over 2 years i think!!

I can only hope that the Aussie team has the same attitude as you Maccaweeny, if so Shanklin will destroy them. I'm with llanelliscarlets, imo he's our most important player in the backs.

Nah you won't be so lucky, after Wales have punished us at home and in Cardiff, they won't be underestimating them, and neither am I. Just having some fun.

god some of the things coming out of the aussie camp this week stinks!!

reallt *****y and arrogant, also i heared somewhere that there was a scuffle in training between a few players... coudl it be that the aussies are a little tense. this contrasts the welsh who seem well relaxed almost bouyant.

hopefully the aussie arrogance will backfire on them, and we can claim this famous victory.

So the Australians are here already and they are in their masses.
I opted to spend most of the day on shop floor so i could check out the Aussie Babes, and although none (that's right, not one hot Aussie girl!) showed up i still spent most of the day having awesome banter with them.
The South Africans and Kiwi's have visited many a time and i just can't seem to get any fun banter going. The kiwi's are arrogant and take offence then go out of their way to belittle wales if you even gesture a welsh win. And the South Africans don't have a sense of humour - they're like the germans of rugby, when it comes to humour!
But the Aussies are brilliant.
Who would have thought i'd enjoy a whole day in work.
A mini touch rugby match broke out, and the banter flowed fast and heavily.

You Australians are a great group.

Really looking forward to match day!

At scrumtime, the Aussies will push from the mark, back off from the engage, scrum up, scrum down, basically do anything in their power to cheat. And due to Knob Gregan acting as unofficial referee`s assistant, they`ll get away with it, effectively neutralising Wales` advantage come scrum time.

In the second row, the Aussies will have a huge advantage. Dan Vickermann will once again try to prove his "Australianness" by acting like a knob the entire game long.

In the back row, Rocky Elsom will once again perform the odd spear tackle or 2, talk trash and suddenly claim to be a "hard man". But he`ll once again have a little hissy fit once a single Welshman contests at the breakdown. In a memorable quote, he`ll say: "Not once, did the Welsh boys arrive at the breakdown and ask politely ' Please sir, could you kindly remove your arse from our side of the ruck? Pretty pretty please?'"

In the halfbacks, Knob and Bernie will destroy the Welsh duo. They are the class halfback pairing in world rugby after all. And the same goes for the centres.

And in the outside backs, Wales will completely dominate. The Aussies will once again go looking for a saviour at outside back from the Diet Rugby ranks. He will either be useless and return to League (Rogers), useless and not get anywhere near a decent squad (Turaniu), useless and on crack (Sailor), or useless and claim to have to be more "selfish with the ball in order to make the team more successful" (Tuquiri).

In the end, the Aussies will have just too much for the Welsh, winning by 10 points. But this neutral certainly knows who he`ll be supporting....

who??

on a diff note i find the all blacks fans very good to have banter with :/ all down to personal experience i guess.

Welsh side has been announced;

Backs: G Thomas (Cardiff Blues, capt); M Jones (Llanelli Scarlets), T Shanklin (Cardiff Blues), S Parker (Ospreys), S Williams (Ospreys); S Jones (Llanelli Scarlets), D Peel (Llanelli Scarlets);

Forwards: G Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), M Rees (Llanelli Scarlets), A Jones (Ospreys), I Gough (Ospreys), AW Jones (Ospreys), C Charvis (Newport Gwent Dragons), M Williams (Cardiff Blues), J Thomas (Ospreys).
Replacements: T Rhys Thomas (Cardiff Blues), D Jones (Ospreys), M Owen (Newport Gwent Dragons), A Popham (Llanelli Scarlets), M Phillips (Ospreys), J Hook (Ospreys), K Morgan (Newport Gwent Dragons).

It's looks like Charvis comes in at no.6 whilst Thomas switches to no.8. I'm really looking forward to this match on Saturday. The last few times we have played Australia, our performances prior to Australia games has been poor. When we play Australia, our performances increased greatly and the recent games have been close encounters.

what was it 30 odd nill lol, yeah tht was a close one!! but yeah i get where your coming from

we can do it!!

you seem so sure about the mighty wales but the game hasn't been played out yet.....

maybe your signature should say "apart from wales were the most arrogant country about rugby!!" graham henry on new zealand arrogance

Haha, thats rough! I wouldn't have thought NZ has shown any feelings of unwarranted importance out of overbearing pride?!

When was the last time NZ were beaten by a team not playing at home?

Haha, thats rough! I wouldn't have thought NZ has shown any feelings of unwarranted importance out of overbearing pride?!

When was the last time NZ were beaten by a team not playing at home? [/b]

i see your sarcasm is as good as mine :D

you are right about nz though... when was the last time they lost a game on their own soil?

on a side note, for the 2011 world cup hosted in NZ, if the wallabies played their games in sydney, i'm sure the countries they play against would be ****** off.

Australia should win.... if they dont i will have to think of them as a lost cause and go for Argentina

Steve Walsh will be refereeing this one and I think that's a good thing.

In my opinion he's consistently the best out of all the southern hemisphere referees.

Hopefully we'll be seeing some good flowing running rugby.

At scrumtime, the Aussies will push from the mark, back off from the engage, scrum up, scrum down, basically do anything in their power to cheat. And due to Knob Gregan acting as unofficial referee`s assistant, they`ll get away with it, effectively neutralising Wales` advantage come scrum time.

In the second row, the Aussies will have a huge advantage. Dan Vickermann will once again try to prove his "Australianness" by acting like a knob the entire game long.

In the back row, Rocky Elsom will once again perform the odd spear tackle or 2, talk trash and suddenly claim to be a "hard man". But he`ll once again have a little hissy fit once a single Welshman contests at the breakdown. In a memorable quote, he`ll say: "Not once, did the Welsh boys arrive at the breakdown and ask politely ' Please sir, could you kindly remove your arse from our side of the ruck? Pretty pretty please?'"

In the halfbacks, Knob and Bernie will destroy the Welsh duo. They are the class halfback pairing in world rugby after all. And the same goes for the centres.

And in the outside backs, Wales will completely dominate. The Aussies will once again go looking for a saviour at outside back from the Diet Rugby ranks. He will either be useless and return to League (Rogers), useless and not get anywhere near a decent squad (Turaniu), useless and on crack (Sailor), or useless and claim to have to be more "selfish with the ball in order to make the team more successful" (Tuquiri).

In the end, the Aussies will have just too much for the Welsh, winning by 10 points. But this neutral certainly knows who he`ll be supporting....

[/b]

Turaniu???? Do you mean Morgan Turinui?? Who has never played a game of Rugby League in his life and who went to a posh blue blood Sydney school and who's hero is Winston Churchill. Apart from that outstanding display of ignorance your assesment was pretty accurate. Although I predict the Aussies will turn some heads with how well the compete at the scrum. "Aussie Dan" Vickerman will dominate at lineout time. For all those giving **** to Shanklin, your kidding yourself. He's outstanding. He's the most Morlock like centre in world rugby. Bald, white, ugly, strong as an ox on his feet and a direct runner who breaks a lot of tackles. Apart from Mortlock and BOD he's the best OC in the world. I like the Welsh style of rugby. They make an effort for all 15 players to contribute to the game and at Cardiff its a very tough assignment. My heart and head says Aussies have a touch to much class and experiance. Australia by 9. For all true rugby lovers this is the game of the round. Don't bother with that 10 man slugfest between the Saffas and Poms.

Hah no worries Maccaweeny, I always enjoy a bit of banter.

Edit. I fully expect Aus to hold up well come scrum time. I think Jenkins has also realised we aint going to push them round, hence the absence of Penalty machine (aka Horseman). He might well have caused a few problems, but nothing game turning and he just hands 3 points on silver plates to the oposition.

Is this GJ third good call in a week? (01 - Bought Stephen Jones, Gareth Thomas and Colin Charvis off the bench at the right time. 02 - Proven kinda right for leaving Henson out after a rusty 15min for O's. 03 - Leaving Horseman out of our crunch game against Aus) My god whats happened? If he sends the lads out Saturday with a good game plan I think I'll have a heart attack.

The two most lateral teams in the world playing against each other. Maybe no win will go forward, they'll just stand on the halfway line throwing it from side to side for 80 minutes. I'd rather watch the serfs play with the round ball.

The two most lateral teams in the world playing against each other. Maybe no win will go forward, they'll just stand on the halfway line throwing it from side to side for 80 minutes. I'd rather watch the serfs play with the round ball. [/b]

Idiot

lmaoooo that coming from an englishmen!! are you real, lol lets see how much go forward england get tonight isit?

hahaha cant believe an englishmen is criticising ours and australia attacking play.