• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales vs Australia

36 mins in and Wales have been there usual rubbish under Jenkins. Never making gains, our fowards are fannies, they drive towards an Auzzie and drop before being tackled. I hope the support let their feelings known half time, so changes are made. Bring back Ruddock now!!!

What a pile of shite, sorry people but this is embarrasing not even at the races.

25- 3 at half time.

I didn't expect Wales to win but I expected MUCH MORE from the team.

25- 3 at half time.

I didn't expect Wales to win but I expected MUCH MORE from the team.
[/b]

Where's the little runs, keeping the ball alive, no angles to make yards. Its so predictable, it was the same in Nantes, Canada made gains so easy, and Wales failed to make any. No one gets pass marks so far, too slow, not intelligent enough.

25-10,Lets see how Wales can do now after finally going over the Aussies try line,Obviously i mean how close can they get it,They definately wont win,Unfortunately

Hmm Peels having a terrible game (again) but at least he isn't taking quick tap penalties, Wales need the penalty kicks!

Anyone else apart from the Welsh commentator who saw that knock on before the try?

Could have been a lot closer, but Aus did lay off in the 2nd half.

Their 1st half was brilliant, best play of the tournament. Fewer mistakes and they would have had more tries.

Wales need to get the lineouts right. Problem with their style of play is that they'll always make mistakes and give away crucial scores.

Looks like Gareth Thomas is out?

Matt Dunning is an evil genius with love handles.

It was a great game.
I liked the Wales last 10 min.
And i am not shure if the 2nd yellow card was right...

decent first half for the aussies with barnes on fire early. As the game progressed his influence declined. Latham was outstanding .Aussie scrum looks like will be in trouble in the later stages of the tournament. When we struggled u could see connolly found it hard to make any changes when u got al baxter sitting on the bench.
I lost count how many tackles drew mitchell and tuquiri missed. I think Staniforth or Shepherd should get a start on the wing soon. Hopefully AAC will be back soon. I think mitchell will get suspended anyway for that spear tackle(so he should) although i think it would be ridiculous if latham does as well for that soft bump.
Wales definitely looked much better in the second half.......they shouldve scored buckets of points while the wallabies had 14/13 men on the field.

Tuqiri was rubbish both with the ball and in defense, and Mitchell's tackling was shod too. They won't do anything with Latham (who is known by the commentator as Larkham), otherwise they will have to enforce a harsher penalty on Gareth Thomas.

To be honest I think Steve Walsh did his best to keep Wales in the game. The Aussies were just to good.Berrick covered for Larkham admirabley. We now know (as much as you can in sport) that Aus will play NZ in the first Semi Final and that SAwill play some one else. Please NH. Someone put your hands up. Your playing like shite.

Steve Walsh proving once again what a pedantic f**k he is, some truly bizzare decisions in the second half that ruined the game for me.

Still, comfortable win for the Wallabies... lets just hope Bernie and Stirlo are alright.

It astounds me that Steve Walsh is still allowed to ref at this level, he's a clown, that comment isn't in relation to this game it's just a general comment, I only saw the last 30 minutes of the match so can't really comment on his overall performance or the rest of the game for that matter.

Maccaweeny, I wasn't 100% sure on the Williams try, presumably this is the one you're talking about, I think it came off Williams leg but given the poor quality of broadcasting at this tournament we're not really going to get a definitive angle. Was great to hear the French commentary team just throwing out all impartiality with their chants of Allez les Rouges, don't think they were too convinced on William's try but they certainly didn't care. :lol:

they will have to enforce a harsher penalty on Gareth Thomas.
[/b]

His hit on Barnes was disgraceful, but i think he got his just desserts when he got twatted by Mortlock a few minutes later :lol: classic stuff.

Good to see Barnes get up and play on, tough kid, he was brilliant in the first half.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but I think he took a knock on the arm (and noggen) when he dived over the line. He looked fine though, exchanging panzy arse high fives with coaching staff :D

Totally agree about Steve Walsh btw.

Hurt his shoulder while scoring a try, he played on but was subbed at half time.Just precautionary by the looks of it.

Good game really. A poor first half display and Australia will show their class and take their chances, did well to come back in the 2nd half and played some really good rugby towards the end of the 2nd half, the stuff the whole of Wales wants to see.

I actually thought this would of been more one sided than what it turned out to be, the welsh seem to be able to play some decent rugby in the late stages of a game... They should of in theory been a lot closer to Australia than they actually were... This result doesn't do the Welsh any damage at all, they played a positive game...

It looks like Australia will now top the group without any pressure, and the Welsh should slot nicely into second place to face the Boks...