• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wallabies v All Blacks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Oct 30 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
going to put money on the all blacks for 13+ win

i'm that confident[/b]

Think that might be a good bet, Zac Guildford in to replace Tamati Ellison who has twisted an ankle in training. Guildford is a consumate finisher and when he comes on could play havoc with the Wallaby defensive pattern.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ Oct 31 2009, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wjd23104 @ Oct 31 2009, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ Oct 31 2009, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Oct 31 2009, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very strange to see Aus with a quality forward pack (except for the second row) but a bit in shambles across the backrow.. lack of depth brought on by AUS only having 4 teams and nothing apart from the S14.

Personally I feel the worst thng for SH rugby is the new S15; rather than cancal after 1 year, Aus should have stuck to trying to create a domestic competition. Now, the new S15 conference system will see the Currie cup and AirNZ cup redundant and kill off the grassroots of both these countries to some degree and I can't see it suddenly making rugby popular in Aus. Popularity comes from the ground up; people play it in school, then varsity or a club and it gets stuck on you. Same thing in SA in that the goverment wants the sport to be more representative of the 90% black population but does almost nothing for black talent to be developed at schools but insist of more black players to be included out of nowhere.

Here's hoping the S15 will fall flat on its ass in 1 year (and we being so close to 2011!) Where is Kurtley Beale? He is more solid than Cooper, though Cooper can turn a game on its head.

9 Genia
10 Beale/Cooper
11 Mitchell
12 Giteau
14 Hynes
15 Ashley-Cooper

That backline has way too many Reds player for my taste, though (4/6). I can only imaging Peter de Villiers picking 4 Lions players in the Bok backline.[/b]
I am sorry, but are you saying that the Australian back-row is a shambles? How can a back-row which consists of Rocky Elsom (man of the Heineken Cup last year), David Pocock (who at such a young age is already being tipped as the next captain of Australia) and Palu? - ok, I'll give you Palu, I'd have rather seen Smith at No.8 ;) The Australian second-row is pretty damn strong, James Horwill is a quality player who can only get better, and Mark Chisholm is just an animal, with huge arms :p
[/b][/quote] Did you see who won the battle of the breakdown last time? at best the back three needs to improve on that poor performance.

[/b][/quote]
I did see it, but it is difficult to win a battle of the breakdown when you are playing against Richie McCaw.
[/b][/quote] The Springboks seem to have little trouble this year. Damn Brussow.

Palu and O'Connor have a lot of talent, just need to be bedded in. O'Connor is a bit like Frans Steyn, who has made some monumental cock ups and still isn't being used the way he should be.

I have great hopes for the future of Aus, but the ABs have hit their stride.

Should be a good match. Does it matter?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Here's hoping the S15 will fall flat on its ass in 1 year (and we being so close to 2011!) Where is Kurtley Beale? He is more solid than Cooper, though Cooper can turn a game on its head.

9 Genia
10 Beale/Cooper
11 Mitchell
12 Giteau
14 Hynes
15 Ashley-Cooper

That backline has way too many Reds player for my taste, though (4/6). I can only imaging Peter de Villiers picking 4 Lions players in the Bok backline.[/b]

Ioane made more tacklebreaks and line breaks than any other player this year in the Super 14 and he didn't even play all the games, I'm pretty sure that qualifies him better than most players. Just because they play for a **** team doesn't mean they are ****.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Oct 31 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Palu and O'Connor have a lot of talent, just need to be bedded in. O'Connor is a bit like Frans Steyn, who has made some monumental cock ups and still isn't being used the way he should be.

I have great hopes for the future of Aus, but the ABs have hit their stride.

Should be a good match. Does it matter?[/b]

Not really, but will give the winner a boost going into Europe I guess. Actually might matter to Dingo, if he drops this one and loses a couple in Europe I think the ARU will start termination proceedings.

Barnes has been ruled out of his second consecutive northern hemi tour. Except this one is a grand slam and they don't come around very often. And there goes our chance of taking it out.

Well it's becoming clear Deans is breading his own unique losing culture at the Wallabies. Not entirely his fault I know, not a lot you can do when your players make the same crucial errors and poor decisions time and time again. Pretty disillusioned with the game in this country to be honest.

As usual we lost this game at the break down, amongst other things (set piece, decision making, kicking).

It seems we're an up and coming team on the decline.

The most boring Rugby I've watched in a long time. I think I can only remember seeing 1 or 2 short arm penalties but the ref must of given at least a million full arm penalties to both sides. Scrums took an age to set and there was too many stop starts.

I got to the point where I actually wanted Stephen Donald to come on the field just for laughs. Having already won the Bledisloe probably didn't help for All Black supporters but hopefully the rest of the tours not dominated by a refs and they can let the players play Rugby without barking at them or blowing the whistle a bzillion times.

Yeah boring game rulled by ref decisions, not the best show case for Rugby in Asia. Still, well done All Blacks. To be honest, nothing Australia is brining in is impressing me, it's like they don't really have any more good players, though Ioane was really the only player who I thought looked impressive. Australian backs looking very average, and to be honest I think at least Lote could be dangerous.

Ioane was good in the three minutes that the Wallabies remembered he was on the field.

I thought Genia was one of Australias best actually. Not everything he did came off but he was electric at times and seemed threatening. Miles better then anyone else you've tried since Gregan. What was up with the Wallaby backline anyway? Seemed like poor selecting if you ask me.

Best moment of the game for me; Richie McCaw's link role in the first try. The clean hands and vision was outstanding, wouldn't look out of place with a 13 on his back based on that little display. A shitload better then Cross does anyway.

Who ever said he wouldn't be a good sevens player needs to watch it.

His service under pressure is excellent but sometimes he just makes the wrong decisions and often hesitates, slowing down the ball. His defence was a bit off as well, personally I think that's where Burgess has a clear advantage, but otherwise Genia is the better option.

For me the aussie standout was Pocock, he played out of his skin. Otherwise I was left wishing I was a league bandwagoner and could just bugger off when it's convenient. Instead of feeling compelled to watch another excruciating loss as opposed to studying or going out. That's life though.

How good was Cory Jane, when he's not getting a ball kicked in his face his field positioning is top-notch.

Yeah Cj's awesome running it out of our 22 I thought gee that's a bit risky but he manages to have alot of time and is so relaxed no matter who's around him. Conrad slotted back in at 13 easily and his running style is very deceptive and his defensive work is immense especially when he stopped a sure try by tackling out someone onto the sideline.

I think our scrum was dominating at times maybe not as much when Afoa came on but he's awesome in all other facets of his game. Lineout worked really good with Donnelly pinching a few, his combination with Thorn has worked out awesome both big men with a bit of weight to push around.

I don't know how this is gonna go down but I reckon Giteau's better than Carter it's just that he's not getting any help from his backline especially with Morthlock out. If they could sort out the rest of the backline Giteau wouldn't have to do all the work himself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Nov 1 2009, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah Cj's awesome running it out of our 22 I thought gee that's a bit risky but he manages to have alot of time and is so relaxed no matter who's around him. Conrad slotted back in at 13 easily and his running style is very deceptive and his defensive work is immense especially when he stopped a sure try by tackling out someone onto the sideline.

I think our scrum was dominating at times maybe not as much when Afoa came on but he's awesome in all other facets of his game. Lineout worked really good with Donnelly pinching a few, his combination with Thorn has worked out awesome both big men with a bit of weight to push around.

I don't know how this is gonna go down but I reckon Giteau's better than Carter it's just that he's not getting any help from his backline especially with Morthlock out. If they could sort out the rest of the backline Giteau wouldn't have to do all the work himself.[/b]

Yeah haha Conrad must be one of the most frustrating people to mark in world rugby. Mostly because he hes breaking all these tackles while looking completely unathletic. Honestly if i had never seen him play before and he came up and said he was an all black, i would not believe him.

Apparently Sivivatu and Tony Woodcock have both received 1 week bans after being cited in this match, so will miss next weeks match vs Wales. Woodcock being out helps Wales a fair bit, considering the tight head crisis they're having atm.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Nov 1 2009, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I don't know how this is gonna go down but I reckon Giteau's better than Carter it's just that he's not getting any help from his backline especially with Morthlock out. If they could sort out the rest of the backline Giteau wouldn't have to do all the work himself.[/b]
I don't think Giteau has any where near the amount of abuility when it comes to directing a game, he is a great player, especially when it comes to doing things himself, but I don't think he is a good general of the game.

Bit of a crap game (from the Staduim at least), but the party afterwards was nice. Took pictures with Stephen Larkham, John Eales and Joe Roff !

Thought Genia did rather well for just his third Test start. Defiantly the player to go forward with at halfback. As I said before the game I think the back line reshuffle cost us the win. Cross was clearly at fault for misreading the defense leading to the All Blacks second try. We would have been much more safe at fullback with Ashley-Cooper there who had a good game. O'Connor made one good try saving tackle but also let one in down the other end. And to conclude it's obvious Carter is a much better all round player than Giteau.

Hopefully that will be Cross' last test. Another poor defensive performance.

AAC was probably our best backline player, along with Ioane's few touches... and Genia did well.

Our lineout has fallen apart this year and it's obvious the problem lies with our second row (who are also not putting in the work at the breakdown).

Horwill has been absolutely shite all year, and Chisholm is in charge of the lineouts despite never having that responsibility with the Brumbies.

Latest posts