• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wallabies v All Blacks

Ioane, Genia and Pocock were the best Australians. I thought Horwill and Elsom were pretty quiet. Giteua at 10 and Ryan Cross even starting is ******* me off. He's a typical one dimensional mungo.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Oct 31 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well it's becoming clear Deans is breading his own unique losing culture at the Wallabies. Not entirely his fault I know, not a lot you can do when your players make the same crucial errors and poor decisions time and time again. Pretty disillusioned with the game in this country to be honest.

As usual we lost this game at the break down, amongst other things (set piece, decision making, kicking).

It seems we're an up and coming team on the decline.[/b]

Why is everyone saying that. It's only because we are losing a few games. Teams can always win games look at Australian cricket. All the bandwagoners go to league and have a massive whinge. Australia sporting fans have to be the most fickle in the world.

Horwill has been the biggest disappointment all year, especially after last season. Who knows, he might have a good NH tour.

Ioane was strong as per usual but he doesn't run the lines that Mortlock does/can.

Sounds like nobody seems all that satisfied from yesterday's game in Tokyo :huh:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Nov 1 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Horwill has been the biggest disappointment all year, especially after last season. Who knows, he might have a good NH tour.

Ioane was strong as per usual but he doesn't run the lines that Mortlock does/can.[/b]

True, but he commits the defense! have him as a dummy runner, might give the backs more room to work with.

Is it me or did the Wallabies throw the ball wide once too often? They have some players whose great at the crash ball who can easily gain the meters, Elsom (not a good game at all by the captain), Palu (poor handling but still), Horwill, Ashley-Cooper, Cross (was this guy even on the field? mr invisible throughout) and Ioane, but the ball was flung wide time and time again.

AAC looked dangerous all night, defence was meh, but he seem to gain meters with ease.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Nov 1 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Nov 1 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ioane was strong as per usual but he doesn't run the lines that Mortlock does/can.[/b]

True, but he commits the defense! have him as a dummy runner, might give the backs more room to work with.

Is it me or did the Wallabies throw the ball wide once too often? They have some players whose great at the crash ball who can easily gain the meters, Elsom (not a good game at all by the captain), Palu (poor handling but still), Horwill, Ashley-Cooper, Cross (was this guy even on the field? mr invisible throughout) and Ioane, but the ball was flung wide time and time again.

AAC looked dangerous all night, defence was meh, but he seem to gain meters with ease.
[/b][/quote]

Funny i thought the problem was the other way round. Ioane skinned his opposite Corey Jane on the outside with his first touch. We all know he could probably lomu over the top of him aswell, ergo get him the freaking ball. They seemed to avoid spreading it to him however.

I thought the whole backline was just a mess. 12 is one of the worst positions for AAC, he has so many skills that are negated by being so far in. JOC kinda sucks at this stage, the best peformances he has put on have been at 2nd 5 anyway. Cross is useless. Giteau should be at 2nd 5, its definitely his best position.

This would have been my line up, with Cooper coming in to first five if JOC starts having another nightmare.

9)Genia
10)Giteau
11)Mitchell
12)JOC
13)Digby
14)Hynes
15)AAC

I really hope you guys dont lose to the English.

Genia & Ioane were definitely the Aussie's best players on the field.

Both still in their early 20s and could be the strike-weapons in the Grand Slam tour.....if only the ball reaches Ioane more.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 1 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sounds like nobody seems all that satisfied from yesterday's game in Tokyo :huh:[/b]

When watching this game, boredem set in............
Terrible game to watch, absolutely disgraceful

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 1 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sounds like nobody seems all that satisfied from yesterday's game in Tokyo :huh:[/b]

Mate the whinging in Oz has reached epic proportions. Dingo is complaining about the AB playing style, various journos are claiming a number of AB players should have put yellow carded, and of course McCaw is a cheat. Nothing mentioned in the press here about the Aussie forwards going off their feet in rucks, the non-try that was awarded, or the fact that Carter simply controlled the game in the second half.

Not as bad for Oz as people are making out, they have an issue with the kiwis at the moment, and lost two to a bloody good saffa outfit. It's not exactly end of days time really. A couple of loses in Britain and the knifes will be really coming out though ;)

one of the most boring tests ive watched in a while. australia is just **** and the allblacks just look dull. even there haka is looking sleepy! Time for a **** load of new blood! Bring on Guilford.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (K-Pac @ Nov 2 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
one of the most boring tests ive watched in a while. australia is just **** and the allblacks just look dull. even there haka is looking sleepy! Time for a **** load of new blood! Bring on Guilford.[/b]
I agree entirely that game was so boring and yes the All Blacks look crap too. The Haka's been stink for ages it's just formalities now it doesn't really do much for the fans but I guess it probably still gets the players hyped up for the game. Hell yeah bring on Guildford, Ellision, Smith and Delany can't wait to see our new caps play.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Nov 2 2009, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (K-Pac @ Nov 2 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
one of the most boring tests ive watched in a while. australia is just **** and the allblacks just look dull. even there haka is looking sleepy! Time for a **** load of new blood! Bring on Guilford.[/b]
I agree entirely that game was so boring and yes the All Blacks look crap too. The Haka's been stink for ages it's just formalities now it doesn't really do much for the fans but I guess it probably still gets the players hyped up for the game. Hell yeah bring on Guildford, Ellision, Smith and Delany can't wait to see our new caps play.
[/b][/quote]
As nice as it would be to see new players get capped, Wales are hardly an opposition I really think we can experiment too much on.

Yeah we can never take any team lightly we all know the results of that just ask France after the 2007 RWC. Anyway I think they should of toured like they use to back in the days with games during the week and weekend games it would of made for a much better spectical I reckon and during those games we could of maybe bleed our less experienced players.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danger @ Nov 2 2009, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Nov 1 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Nov 1 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Funny i thought the problem was the other way round. Ioane skinned his opposite Corey Jane on the outside with his first touch. We all know he could probably lomu over the top of him aswell, ergo get him the freaking ball. They seemed to avoid spreading it to him however.

I thought the whole backline was just a mess. 12 is one of the worst positions for AAC, he has so many skills that are negated by being so far in. JOC kinda sucks at this stage, the best peformances he has put on have been at 2nd 5 anyway. Cross is useless. Giteau should be at 2nd 5, its definitely his best position.

This would have been my line up, with Cooper coming in to first five if JOC starts having another nightmare.

9)Genia
10)Giteau
11)Mitchell
12)JOC
13)Digby
14)Hynes
15)AAC

I really hope you guys dont lose to the English.
[/b][/quote]
Perfect. I don't know why there is such an obsession in the Wallaby camp with playing him in the crucial defensive position of fullback. The bloke is too small let a lone experienced enough. He's played all his rugby at schoolboy level at flyhalf and mostly inside centre with the Force. He has a gun pass, is fairly quick and can take some pressure off Giteau with his boot. Basically in the same mould as Barnes but with slacker defence and more skill. May be too late to try it now though. Quade Cooper is at 10 with Tyrone Smith at 12 for Australia A against Gloucester. Wouldn't mind either of them stepping in either, as long as it gets rid of Cross. Man if Deans sticks with the same backline for England I'll be well cut.

Right now, England dont have many quality players to put out onto the field.

I think this would be a good time to finally give Tyrone Smith a run at 12 with AAC at 13 and get Mitchell back at fullback.

A Smith / AAC midfield combo is the future for Aussie.

Latest posts