• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wallabies vs All Blacks @ Sydney

I don't understand what the coaches mean by 'keeping the ball in hand' approach. Thats what they have been doing in the last 2 games against South Africa. But it has been pretty rubbish really. If they keep playing the same way then I am afraid it will be the same result as last year in Sydney. I hope they have the same approach as they did in the first bledisloe of 2009.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nik @ Aug 22 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't understand what the coaches mean by 'keeping the ball in hand' approach. Thats what they have been doing in the last 2 games against South Africa. But it has been pretty rubbish really. If they keep playing the same way then I am afraid it will be the same result as last year in Sydney. I hope they have the same approach as they did in the first bledisloe of 2009.[/b]
If 'keeping the ball in hand' means dominating possession then it is a good thing. If it means running from your own 22 the All Blacks coaches must come under real questions.

Poor hands from NZ letting them down in the first half.

Someone should have gone in the bin for the allblacls at the end there. Aussies have a deserved lead at half time.

Good play from Aussies so far and NZ discipline has been bad.

Aussies deserve their lead, defended well. NZ have paid the price for ill discipline. Cowan should have been carded at the final move, blatentley killed the ball when the Aussies were looking good to score.

NZ can feel a little hard done by for not having a try....hey the commentator just mentioned Munster!! WHOOTWHOOT!...but they need to put some training time into learning how to catch the bleedin ball.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Aug 22 2009, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
NZ can feel a little hard done by for not having a try....hey the commentator just mentioned Munster!! WHOOTWHOOT!...but they need to put some training time into learning how to catch the bleedin ball.[/b]

Fo sho.

If NZ could learn to catch, they could probably be winning.

EDIT- See? Catch the ball= Score a try.

Second half was far better than the first half an the Aussies blew it again..

Really exciting match. Probaby my favourite from this trinations.

Back to the original brand of good to watch Rugby, Genia needed to come on with 20 mins to go not 7...

a massive battle all game and worthy of a Bledisloe test. some big hit, a bit of blood, a bit of biff and a close scoreline, can't ask for much more than that from a test match.

That was a great game to watch, but according to the South Africans because we lost it would have been a boring game for us.

2nd half the game was tense as hell. I don't know how Cowan didn't get ten when Australia should have scored before half time. Baxter goes off and the scrum improved tenfold.

Cracking game, in a way the lack of actual quality made for a far more enthralling game.

Great match, but with a lot of kicking in the second half. Australia should more carefull rugby, carelessness gave finale penalty. Carter is not in his best form but far better than Donald.

Ha ha - that was fun!

Carter cocked up the DG, but the kicks before and after showed pure class. Good try as well, although Aus 14 was unlucky on Roko because his own man bumped him off the tackle.

Aus had no pressure in the 2nd half, but each time they were behind they had no problem rumbling it up to the AB line. Should have got in for a DG in the end. Bit stupid.

Well he was fit then (up north) and that was his first match in nearly 3 months. And he wasn't bad today just not great.

Latest posts