• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Warburton just made Robshaw look like Whip Whitaker in terms of captaincy!

@PacDuran I'm willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, and welcome to the forum.
I have to disagree with pretty much everything I've read from you so far though.

I hope you have more to provide, and less (what appear to be personal vendettas vs certain players) non-constructive posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
@PacDuran I'm willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, and welcome to the forum.
I have to disagree with pretty much everything I've read from you so far though.

I hope you have more to provide, and less (what appear to be personal vendettas vs certain players) non-constructive posts.

I'm like Marmite brutha! You either hate me or you keep me in the cupboard out of sight and forget about me!

Are you happy with Warburton's captaincy for Wales overall? Not just talking about the incredibly reckless red card in the biggest game of his career or the huge failure of last night, i'm talking about overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be happy with Warburton's contributions if I was a Welshman and disagree about always taking points..

Realistically when you are against 13 men - the mind set should be very much in favor of getting the biggest advantage possible - within the allotted time you have that advantage. Pretty clearly that is going for a try when you are on their 5m line.

I think going for 3 points, waiting for Oz to take a long time to restart, then going up the field again for another 3 - would have likely been the worse decision. Wales should have capitalized - but the decision was sound.

Second thread on Warburton. Stop creating threads everytime you have a new thought - or staff will remove your thread making privileges. There are match threads for you to question decisions made within matches.

I also think it was the correct decision to go for a try, just think most other top teams would've scored(and Wales also 8/10 times)

Second thread on Warburton. Stop creating threads everytime you have a new thought - or staff will remove your thread making privileges. There are match threads for you to question decisions made within matches.

Yeah, for the sake of keeping congestion to a minimum please don't make unnecessary threads. This is probable the time the Forum is at its busiest, and making threads left, right and center makes it very hard to keep it clean, tidy and spamless.

First of all: Australia just put in one of the great defensive games. It was awe inspiring. Absolutely incredible. But they were enabled by Wales' horrible decision making in terms of not going for the posts repeatedly and not swinging the ball wide when they were against 13 men.

When will they learn that in a tight game you take the points???!!!!

Again, like in the Wales vs England game, I cannot believe what I just watched!!! Disgraceful captaincy by Warburton. Insane.

That's why we watch this glorious game though. Beautiful by the Wallabies, ugly by the Welsh.

I disagree when the opposition has men in the bin any captain worth his salt will go for the try, Warburton didn't make the wrong decision, it was the execution that was wrong, why on earth North cut back inside instead of going straight for the corner God only knows.
There is no comparison between Warbs and Robshaw either as a player or a captain, why Robshaw merits a place I have no idea let alone the captaincy.

- - - Updated - - -

Stupid thread. Nothing wrong with the decision not to go for posts. 6 points down, 2 players up, you go for the try 100% of the time. Every top side would. Our execution was poor, and we can question going for the scrum over lineout, but the decision to go for the try was the right one.

Exactly PacDurcan is just trying to wind us up, wonder how cocky he will be when Argies thump Ireland next weekend.

I disagree when the opposition has men in the bin any captain worth his salt will go for the try, Warburton didn't make the wrong decision, it was the execution that was wrong, why on earth North cut back inside instead of going straight for the corner God only knows.
There is no comparison between Warbs and Robshaw either as a player or a captain, why Robshaw merits a place I have no idea let alone the captaincy.

Agreed, When I saw North cut back in, just thought, no, no, no... Sometimes it works, but with Australia defending the way they did, it was not going to happen.

Maybe North was too concerned with the scoreline, and was worrying too much about making it a easier conversion?

I reckon that's a bit rough... Wales were 15 on 13, and so they'd have been mad and almost demoralised not to back their attack. In all honesty they SHOULD have scored if they'd used their space in that 7 minute period, but they went into a bit of a meltdown and kept it in too tight. But as a captain, I can't fault his decision.

Good answer, nearly as good as The Australian defence on Saturday

- - - Updated - - -

The first opportunity Genia had just been carded and Warburton didn't go for the posts, and that decision only looked good because Mumm got carded 2 mins later.

It was arrogance and a terrible decision, (as not going for points ALWAYS is). Wales were down to the 4th choice back line, and they had a kicked who rarely misses. Bad decision. Warburton is an awful captain. Wales will be a 10-to-1 dog to beat the saffers.

- - - Updated - - -

He spurned points when only Genia had been carded though. He should have taken the easy kick and got back into their territory.

What ridiculous comments you are making about Warburton, He's obviously a better captain than POC as he was given the Lions captaincy.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, When I saw North cut back in, just thought, no, no, no... Sometimes it works, but with Australia defending the way they did, it was not going to happen.

Maybe North was too concerned with the scoreline, and was worrying too much about making it a easier conversion?

Yes I think you could be right.

I think we probably should have taken the points when the second yellow came out.

It would have put us within 3 with 8 minuites left at a two man advantage.

Gareth Davies was the real culprit, how a scrum half can fail to see and take advantage of the overlaps we had is almost criminal.

Funny how P D comes on here stirs it up and disappears when there is a volume of opinion against him.

Funny how P D comes on here stirs it up and disappears when there is a volume of opinion against him.

Don't worry my Welsh friend I am hear to listen to your straw clutching inane defending-the-indefensible jabbering! Going for the try when you are 6 points down, and the opposition is a known fantastic defensive team eminently capable of turning the ball over at any time, as well as a man down is idiocy. YOU TAKE THE POINTS! When the ozzies got the second yellow card and you would have had 8 mins to attack when only 3 points down, against 13 men (if the easy kick went over) YOU OBVIOUSLY TAKE THE SHOT AT GOAL!

Japan went for the glorious win against SA and it worked, but I have seen countless times that Ireland, and many other teams in the 6 nations, have opted to go for the try and messed it up. You take the points nearly every time. Especially in a pressure cooker, low scoring very intense WC game. It was awful captaincy, and diabolical execution. Forshame Warburton, Forshame Wales. That was the 5th game in a row that Wales should have beaten Australia but shot themselves in the foot. The Welsh some kind of mental block against the ozzies, it's insane!

- - - Updated - - -

I think we probably should have taken the points when the second yellow came out.

It would have put us within 3 with 8 minuites left at a two man advantage.

Gareth Davies was the real culprit, how a scrum half can fail to see and take advantage of the overlaps we had is almost criminal.

Indeed. North twice stepped inside back into traffic with a 3 man overlap. The forwards 6 or 7 times failed to pass to the backs with multiple men overlaps and the scrum half messed up multiple try scoring chances by failing to see the huge number of red shirts outside. It was harrowing for me to watch the Welsh do that to themselves, I can't even imagine how you welshys must have felt. I reckon that game caused a few old timers in the valleys to expire of heart attacks.

Last edited:
Don't worry my Welsh friend I am hear to listen to your straw clutching inane defending-the-indefensible jabbering! Going for the try when you are 6 points down, and the opposition is a known fantastic defensive team eminently capable of turning the ball over at any time, as well as a man down is idiocy. YOU TAKE THE POINTS! When the ozzies got the second yellow card and you would have had 8 mins to attack when only 3 points down, against 13 men (if the easy kick went over) YOU OBVIOUSLY TAKE THE SHOT AT GOAL!

Japan went for the glorious win against SA and it worked, but I have seen countless times that Ireland, and many other teams in the 6 nations, have opted to go for the try and messed it up. You take the points nearly every time. Especially in a pressure cooker, low scoring very intense WC game. It was awful captaincy, and diabolical execution. Forshame Warburton, Forshame Wales. That was the 5th game in a row that Wales should have beaten Australia but shot themselves in the foot. The Welsh some kind of mental block against the ozzies, it's insane!

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed. North twice stepped inside back into traffic with a 3 man overlap. The forwards 6 or 7 times failed to pass to the backs with multiple men overlaps and the scrum half messed up multiple try scoring chances by failing to see the huge number of red shirts outside. It was harrowing for me to watch the Welsh do that to themselves, I can't even imagine how you welshys must have felt. I reckon that game caused a few old timers in the valleys to expire of heart attacks.

You are very amusing, as you will have seen you are not quite but very nearly a lone voice, suggest you keep your comments to Irish topics.

You are very amusing, as you will have seen you are not quite but very nearly a lone voice, suggest you keep your comments to Irish topics.

Prediction: Warburton makes fundamental captaincy errors or else is yellow carded in the quarter final. No way should he be Lions captain. It should be Alun Wyn Jones or Rory Best.

Prediction: Warburton makes fundamental captaincy errors or else is yellow carded in the quarter final. No way should he be Lions captain. It should be Alun Wyn Jones or Rory Best.

I was talking about the last Lions tour when he was given the captaincy, who knows were we will be when it comes to the NZ tour, but if you want a prediction he has more chance than RB or AWJ who are 33 and 30 years old now against SAm who is 27 at the moment and will only improve as a player and as a captain.
Any way all the best against Argentina mate.

I was talking about the last Lions tour when he was given the captaincy, who knows were we will be when it comes to the NZ tour, but if you want a prediction he has more chance than RB or AWJ who are 33 and 30 years old now against SAm who is 27 at the moment and will only improve as a player and as a captain.
Any way all the best against Argentina mate.

It's only next year though man, and both are performing to the highest level. Sorry to bag on Warburton, just doesn't seem like captaincy material to me.

Yeah we will need it. I have the Argentinians going into this game as favourites. The players we lost are pretty much our 4 best players. Our 2 form players and our two main leaders within that. It will be tough to put in a good enough performance to win it. Sean O'Brien should be hanging his idiot-donkey head in shame now.

Good luck against the Saffers. Hopefully it will be a close game and the insane Welsh conditioning will come to the fore once again.

It's only next year though man, and both are performing to the highest level. Sorry to bag on Warburton, just doesn't seem like captaincy material to me.

Yeah we will need it. I have the Argentinians going into this game as favourites. The players we lost are pretty much our 4 best players. Our 2 form players and our two main leaders within that. It will be tough to put in a good enough performance to win it. Sean O'Brien should be hanging his idiot-donkey head in shame now.

Good luck against the Saffers. Hopefully it will be a close game and the insane Welsh conditioning will come to the fore once again.
Thanks mate Take it easy.

Pac forgot to add Lions not next year the tour is in 2017

Latest posts