• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Warm Up Match 2: Blues v British & Irish Lions (Auckland)

I'll say you are probably right on certain calls, and with this tour being so marginal in so many positions, we'll see how fair he is being. AWJ would not be starting in a test for example for me, without a really good game under his belt. If Nowell has a good game it'll also be a big call between him and a welsh outside back as well.

I don't see any favouritism in this team this week. Some combinations that the coaching team has to try out. Payne has a long way to go to impress me, as JJ and JD2 are well above him in the order for me. I'm going to bet on Owen's for the firs try, the man will be on fire!

There were rumours a few weeks back that AWJ was injured and could drop out. He certainly didn't look himself on Saturday. If he is injured then I hope he recovers in time but it's a big call from Gatland to bring him and Warbs in the hope that they recover and peak in time for the tests.

I'm a big fan of Nowell and would like to see him and an in form rampaging North start in the tests.

How am I setting myself up for a fall, all I said was if we get done 3 nil then have a pop
To quote myself: "because I'm confident that will happen" with regards losing three tests. Meaning people can then say I told you so when we get done 3-0, although I think we will get spanked even if Jesus was at the wheel.

How am I setting myself up for a fall, all I said was if we get done 3 nil then have a pop
To quote myself: "because I'm confident that will happen" with regards losing three tests. Meaning people can then say I told you so when we get done 3-0, although I think we will get spanked even if Jesus was at the wheel.

*Blues News*
- SBW has been confirmed to start, meaning Faiane will be on the bench and Nanai out of the squad completely (which still annoys me).
- Patrick Tuipolotu has also been dropped from the squad for breaching team protocol... apparently he was late to a meeting or something... Jimmy Tupou replaces him.

*Blues News*
- SBW has been confirmed to start, meaning Faiane will be on the bench and Nanai out of the squad completely (which still annoys me).
- Patrick Tuipolotu has also been dropped from the squad for breaching team protocol... apparently he was late to a meeting or something... Jimmy Tupou replaces him.

Great news about SBW, looking forward to seeing him play vs the Lions. Hoping he does well.

Nanai getting the cold shoulder is strange. I sense another Te Vita Li situation arising. I will not be surprised seeing him leave the franchise. The Chiefs will be hunting for some new backs soon.

Tsk tsk Patrick. That really damages his All Black call up hopes.

I think Patricks actions are quite reflective of a lot of the Blues squad members and their culture. Way too casual and don't give a F.
Fair call for Tana trying to sort that out.
You have a chance to line up against the Lions and you blow it.

Tana has looked after Tuipoluto after his drugs scare. He welcomed him in and protected him from the media spotlight and he goes and messes up again.
Too much carrot and not enough stick spoils the players development.

Any time Sky Sports can't resist making a dump tackle reference when talking about Umaga finish your pint

Jeesus 8 all blacks in this blues squad. We're going to have to be on the money in this game, I think the Blues might take this.

I guess I knew there'd be a Haka before every game but jeeze can we just get on with it

That we're not allowed to respond with a volley from our longbowmen is a slight on British foreign policy and tradition that has been around for hundreds of years

I reckon a bout of Morris dancing, riverdance and sheep shagging should be allowed for the Lions as a cultural challenge while the haka is done while the token Scot plays the bagpipes

Latest posts