Wasps v Clermont

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Wasps.png
Wasps v Clermont
Clermont%20Auvergne.png
</div>

Clermont have not made the sweeping changes they did in the wake of their win over Llanelli, of the four changes 2 are injury enforced with James and Floch missing out while the other changes see Samson and Jaquet partnering each other in the second row and world cup winning captain John Smit replaces Mario Ledesma, which given his form for Clermont will be welcome news to Wasps fans.

As for the defending champions they welcome back Josh Lewsey who makes his first appearance since the world cup final, taking the place of Mark Van Gisbergen. Elsewhere Tom Rees returns to the back row in place of John Hart. With Phil Vickery cited and subsequently cleared Wasps have opted not to play him, instead going with Nick Adams.

So will Clermont prove themselves as serious challengers or will the champions see off their challenge???

Wasps:15 Josh Lewsey, 14 Paul Sackey, 13 Fraser Waters, 12 Riki Flutey, 11 Tom Voyce, 10 Danny Cipriani, 9 Eoin Reddan, 8 Lawrence Dallaglio ©, 7 Tom Rees, 6 James Haskell, 5 George Skivington, 4 Simon Shaw, 3 Nick Adams, 2 Raphael Ibanez, 1 Tim Payne.
Replacements: 16 Rob Webber, 17 Tom French, 18 Richard Birkett, 19 Dan Leo, 20 Mark McMillan, 21 Mark van Gisbergen, 22 John Hart.

Clermont: 15 Seremaïa Bai, 14 Aurélien Rougerie ©, 13 Grant Esterhuizen, 12 Pierre-Manuel Garcia, 11 Julien Malzieu, 10 Alex King, 9 Pierre Mignoni, 8 Elvis Vermeulen, 7 Fabien Alexandre, 6 Jamie Cudmore, 5 Christophe Samson, 4 Arnaud Jacquet, 3 Martin Scelzo, 2 John Smit, 1 Laurent Emmanuelli.
Replacements: 16 Mario Ledesma 17 Goderzi Shvelidze 18 Pierre Vigouroux 19 Emmanuel Etien 20 John Senio 21 Raphael Chanal 22 Vilimoni Delasau

That is what I call a game of rugby, it had everything. Two good sides giving it everything, a great comeback,a late try to secure the bonus point and probably the try of the HC so far by the superb Delasau.
Shame that the main talking point will probably be about some drunken old ****** hitting a player with a match progr :bravo: am. Ban the idiot for life and move on.
In my eyes this sort of game makes the HC by far the most exciting cup comp in the world.

Wasps have lost their edge. Last season they knew how to screw down a match, but now they're trusting too much in naive back play. Cipri and Sakey can be forgiven, but contrast Voyce and Rougerie and see who makes a real difference.

Anyway, almost perfect result for Munster - but what a tough group.

p.s. I bet that beating with a match program hurt like hell - all those paper cuts. Gives the Sky boys a proper sense of outrage.

What a game. The last 2 games between the sides have seen 12 tries and some of the best HC rugby i have seen. Delasua's try was incredible but he is a superb and underated player, thats a real coup for Clermont to have signed him. Makes the group extremely tight, Munster are probably favourites at this point.

Not so sure, Clermont are favourites in my eyes as 2 bp victories, which is more than likely given it's Munster at home and Llanelli away and they're ahead of Wasps on the head to head if Wasps finish level with them as I don't see them getting anything at Munster. As for Munster I don't see them getting 2 bp wins at home and anything out of the Clermont game so close but no cigar for Munster methinks.

Where's this bitterness accusation coming from, Clermont are going to pick up 10 points from their remaining games, Munster are going to need 11 points to better them, are you claiming that I'm going to be happy if Munster fail? pure seafóid I'm afraid. They need 11 points to qualify and 10 to make it a head to head with Clermont. They'll get at least 8 points but whether they'll get the 3 bonus points to go with that well I still have my doubts. I call things as I see them not by sentiment.

If I was being sentimental I'd be claiming that Munster will get 15 points from these 3 remaining games and go through as no 1 seeds but I'm not and if they do get through they'll more than likely have an away quarter final given the form of the 3 English teams and Toulouse.

Wasps have lost their edge. Last season they knew how to screw down a match, but now they're trusting too much in naive back play. Cipri and Sakey can be forgiven, but contrast Voyce and Rougerie and see who makes a real difference.

Anyway, almost perfect result for Munster - but what a tough group.

p.s. I bet that beating with a match program hurt like hell - all those paper cuts. Gives the Sky boys a proper sense of outrage.
[/b]

It wasnt the damage the match program did it was the fact that a spectator tried to hit a player . That sort of **** is not welcome in rugby and it must be condemed. The fact that you can make a joke about it shows how little about rugbys ethos you know!

Where's this bitterness accusation coming from, Clermont are going to pick up 10 points from their remaining games, Munster are going to need 11 points to better them, are you claiming that I'm going to be happy if Munster fail? pure seafóid I'm afraid. They need 11 points to qualify and 10 to make it a head to head with Clermont. They'll get at least 8 points but whether they'll get the 3 bonus points to go with that well I still have my doubts. I call things as I see them not by sentiment.

If I was being sentimental I'd be claiming that Munster will get 15 points from these 3 remaining games and go through as no 1 seeds but I'm not and if they do get through they'll more than likely have an away quarter final given the form of the 3 English teams and Toulouse.
[/b]

Listen An Tarbh, the guys a muppet who hasnt got the vision to see past the end of his nose. Cos he supports Munster he refuses to take on board that they are heading for an away QF and home with their tales between their legs. :lol2tn:

Jeez - I was giving Tarbh a bit of Munster slagging. We still allow blood sports in Ireland.

And yes, that former Wasps player whacking one of his own with the match program is a threat to the very existence of the game - someone could have died!

Anyway - Munster on track, Leinster and Wasps on a wild chase through the undergrowth. Good luck with that. And we will slaughter the bleating lambs of Gloucester in the quarters, home draw or not.

Well I don't know what sort of track Munster are on but it won't be taking them to the quarter finals despite the arrival of the great car basher of 2007, today has seen to that :cryy: :cryy: :cryy:

"Events, dear boy. Events."

You make it out of the pool by, uuuh ... winning. After that, let other results take care of themselves.

Note to Leinster - and slap an Urgent sticker on it.

Jeez - I was giving Tarbh a bit of Munster slagging. We still allow blood sports in Ireland.

And yes, that former Wasps player whacking one of his own with the match program is a threat to the very existence of the game - someone could have died!

Anyway - Munster on track, Leinster and Wasps on a wild chase through the undergrowth. Good luck with that. And we will slaughter the bleating lambs of Gloucester in the quarters, home draw or not.
[/b]

we look forward to welcoming the great unwashed inbread hoardes of Munstermen that are sure to turn up to kingsholm by pony in their thousands. It will be great to watch the ageing,cheating , meatheads get run of their feet by the mighty Glos. I cant wait my friend.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

we look forward to welcoming the great unwashed inbread hoardes of Munstermen that are sure to turn up to kingsholm by pony in their thousands. It will be great to watch the ageing,cheating , meatheads get run of their feet by the mighty Glos. I cant wait my friend. [/b][/quote]

Two chances of that - you know the answer, a chara.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

we look forward to welcoming the great unwashed inbread hoardes of Munstermen that are sure to turn up to kingsholm by pony in their thousands. It will be great to watch the ageing,cheating , meatheads get run of their feet by the mighty Glos. I cant wait my friend. [/b][/quote]
Bet you weren't expecting to make good on that invitation!

Latest posts