Bullitt

<div align='center'>
Wasps.png
VS
Harlequins.png

London Wasps vs Harlequins

Saturday 5th, Twickenham
</div>

Turner-Hall goes over on 13 minutes for a 5-0 lead.

The bloody cowbells are back this season - Even more annoying then Saracens and their bloody drums.

Edit: Useless over-rated Leicestershite scores to make it 5-5.

BBC Berkshire have their noses firmly wedged up Ciprianis backside.

EDIT 2: And Quins immedeately score again from the restart. Guess on who's wing????

ANd I gather that George Robson (Quins 2nd row) was sent off in the 1st minute for punching... I wonder if he caused the punchee to bleed?

A 2nd for Varndell as Wasps take the lead for the 1st time.

And I really am getting sick of this tart on the BBC commentary.

RFU bias towards Wasps is alive and well as Lemi takes out Strettle in the air, yet no penalty or card is awarded.

And finally another infringement is awarded giving Evans the chance to put Quins back into the lead...

Missed it, still 16-15

Quins have a penalty, but no idea where as the bloody commentators are more interested in irritating stats instead of describing the action.

Missed penalty, and apparently Wasps are wonderful - especially Cipriani.

The "Highly knowledgeable" lady commentator just said so.

And apparently Vardnell has a "nice pirouette"(hello sailor!)

Dean Richards awards Wasps a penalty try for apparently nothing. That should be game over but Referee/RFU nepotism is alive and kicking.

And I hope that the female commentator has a car crash on the way home.

Wasps killing the ball and Quins get a penalty.

Now, what's the difference between cheating and gamesmanship?

Final score <strike>Dean Richards</strike> Wasps 21-15 <strike>Former Dean Richards</strike> Harlequins

In fairness, with 1 man up for the whole game Wasps must've been utter shite.

went to HQ today to watch it and thought Quins played well with 14 men. Robson got binned for headbutting i think, not punching (though i may be wrong as Twickenham TV screens refuse to show replays of fights). Nick Evans was excellent out of hand and set up the first two tries with kicks though his goal-kicking let him down a little (he missed a chance to take the lead at 16-15). Varndell, by the way, was shite despite his two tries. Well played Quins for getting close, but Robson isnt really helping them rebuild their reputation by being a twat.

just got back... looked like it would be a cracker after the opening half hour.

In all though, it was a very good game. Betsen was great, Joe Simpson very lively and Cipriani played some good football at times although his kicking game still needs work. Impressed with Varndell, he came in looking for work a lot, which he needed to do considering Kefu and Jacobs didn't really hit it off.

Quins... Much stronger pack; Evans missed too many goals. Expect them to be there and thereabouts this season.

can anyone tell me why the guy was sent off?

As ali said, the commentary claimed headbutting. It must be a league record for a red card, that early into the first game of the season!

Quins pre-match team talk: "Alright boys, we've had a tough couple of weeks with all this controversy. Just keep your heads cool and put in a disciplined performance today, and hopefully we'll get the result we all want."

[14 seconds later]

BAM!! SIT DOWN SON!!

Nice one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Sep 5 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
went to HQ today to watch it and thought Quins played well with 14 men. Robson got binned for headbutting i think, not punching (though i may be wrong as Twickenham TV screens refuse to show replays of fights). Nick Evans was excellent out of hand and set up the first two tries with kicks though his goal-kicking let him down a little (he missed a chance to take the lead at 16-15). Varndell, by the way, was shite despite his two tries. Well played Quins for getting close, but Robson isnt really helping them rebuild their reputation by being a twat.[/b]

Actually the second kick was Danny Care's, my bad.

tom varndell was in my local tonight... i just got back so he's probably still there. The Barley Mow in Chiswick if anyone wants to go sightseeing.

i shook his hand and said well played... at least i thought he had a decent game.