• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

We Need To Talk About Wasps

Makes sense, if Wasps are in it then it's less likely to be knocked down and turned into a drive-thru starbucks or whatever

Kenny Logan was also on BBC Hereford and Worcester. Worth a listen, spoke about the complications we face. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0gnjxj2

Spoke about aiming for this year but back up of 25-26 season, about using Wuss facilities to keep them going/fantastic facilities and that no aim to take Wuss location long term as want them back in long term.

Says Sevenoaks wants Wasps in area but currently biggest challenge is where we slot in and the aim for "Prem 2" potentially.

Really like that the Worcester RFC board have endorsed and it sounds like we want to do it in the right way with the aim to build Wuss out.

Makes sense, if Wasps are in it then it's less likely to be knocked down and turned into a drive-thru starbucks or whatever
or in the case of Wimbledon a housing estate with blokes named after former players...like that was the same as a ground to play at

ground is everything, its the physical manifestation of a clubs connect to a local fan base

Apparently a prem club didn't pay their players on time last month.
Falcons cant go under, guess its them, that means only Sale outside the South. How do you regrow a failing sport if half the damn country isnt represented in it!

If they went down and Ealing come up thats 3 london clubs and 1 outside the south. 2 isnt even enough. But its what we have.

I don't think the premiership could face loosing another club. Really hope that's just a rumour although that's how they all started.

Wild, I genuinely thought it would just all be handled by some sort of payroll system

Wild, I genuinely thought it would just all be handled by some sort of payroll system
It depends on how complex your pay structure is. If there are loads of different contracted rates/bonuses/overtime etc then there will always need someone manually inputting stuff, someone then reviewing it and agreeing it then someone clicking OK

Match report including some commentary on Chiefs financial position. The payroll thing just looks ike an admin error but some wider challenges - about to post a significant loss with ticket sales down.

im sure some companies do just that...but they are also the ones that you hear didn't pay because the internet was down or a gitch paid twice/half and they have to fix it

i think a lot if automated but under supervision

Looks like Core Sustainable Finance and Stadium are done, just in discussions with the leagues. Waiting for Pledge button to work but fingers crossed it starts working. I know we may not deserve it but for all the fans i hope we come back at some competitive level.

Looks like Core Sustainable Finance and Stadium are done, just in discussions with the leagues. Waiting for Pledge button to work but fingers crossed it starts working. I know we may not deserve it but for all the fans i hope we come back at some competitive level.
It's up and running now

Pro15 rugby comes to Sixways?

Fun to speculate, isn't it?

Also, it's kind of hard to ask people to support them without knowing where they're playing and in which league they're competing. "Worcester Wasps in the Championship? Yes. Reading Wasps in the Pro D2? Unlikely."

Reading Wasps in the Pro D2? Unlikely."
Especially as - as with every time this sort of thing is suggested (though usually LWelsh, LIrish or LScottish) - it would need the RFU's agreement, which would never be forthcoming.

was really hoping they would do a deal to play at Plough Lane and i could try and dovetail a football game and a rugby game into my next trip

Latest posts