• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

We Need To Talk About Wasps

"All we are waiting for is a competition to join that will allow us to compete at the highest level - and one that shares our values" - what values do Wasps hold exactly?

Yeah, that's a weird line - I mean realistically their only option is rejoining the RFU league structure and praying that they're allowed to phoenix their way straight into the Championship

If they try and go to the URC because they've got a grudge against the RFU then it's just a complete non-starter like Quel Carreleur said

"All we are waiting for is a competition to join that will allow us to compete at the highest level - and one that shares our values" - what values do Wasps hold exactly?
Find a ground to share with someone, **** them off, pump up loads of debt, fold so we don't have to pay anything back.. repeat

I read they were trying to build a stadium in Kent and the locals were totally opposed to it.

Opened this thread and realised rats hasn't logged in in 4 years. Assumed he had just changed his name

Will have the same problem as every time the idea is mooted for any English club (approximately once a year for the last 20-odd years, and approximately once a month for the last 18 months) - if they want to be based in England, they come under RFU umbrella - and would need RFU permission, which is a complete non-starter.

I'm amazed that this still has to be pointed out.

What is stopping a franchise from starting up in England and joining a different league and why do they have to come under the RFU umbrella?

What is stopping a franchise from starting up in England and joining a different league and why do they have to come under the RFU umbrella?
I certainly can't quote the relevant regulations, but if the above assertion is correct, I can only assume that World Rugby require clubs / franchises / regions to be registered to the union that they're physically based in.

Yeah you'd imagine they'd have to register as part of a foreign union,
They'd lose their academy catchment/grassroots pathway as well

Better off in the bin.

Considering they think they are above the lower leagues sums up why they failed in the first place.

Is Wasps even a brand outside of current prem supporters?

Would it be possible for clubs to take legal action against the RFU for restriction of trade or something of that nature, due to the RFU putting the blockers of a source of revenue/operations?

The London Welsh legal challenge against the RFU was going well years ago, would assume a similar argument could be made here?

If other clubs joined also there could be real pressure. As an aside, what would have to happen for the game to elect a new union or change the governing body?