• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

We Need to talk about Worcester

Wonder how different things would have been if Diamond had gone to Worcester 6 years ago like he said he should have?

I hope Worcester come through this, got a soft spot for them. Guess it depends on the potential buyers and how much their current owners want to try and claw back?

Wonder how different things would have been if Diamond had gone to Worcester 6 years ago like he said he should have?

I hope Worcester come through this, got a soft spot for them. Guess it depends on the potential buyers and how much their current owners want to try and claw back?

I hope so too. 👍

Last edited:
PRL probably just care that they've sold the Prem to sponsors and BT and PRTV as 13 sides, and if wuss drop out they're going to have to rework those deals

They've only ever cared about their bottom line, not the clubs'

I hope not, unless it then starts the chain of events that sees Worcester sold to JOT's consortium or similar as a whole instead of piecemeal with the aim of asset stripping, so the club can progress properly.

Any news on Morecambe FC either? Buyers?

Worcester's winding up date is October 6th

only new news on Morecambe is apparently the Worcester owners failed the EFL fit owners' test

Positive noises coming out of Wuss this evening, sounds like they might have a buyer lined up - and no adminstration on the cards

Praying that it's all true. Hoping for an official statement tomorrow and all will be well again, however i won't be counting chickens

Praying that it's all true. Hoping for an official statement tomorrow and all will be well again, however i won't be counting chickens
kfc GIF

Times saying Worcester are on the brink of forfeiting the Chiefs game over unpaid medical and security bills. That wouldn't necessarily get them kicked out of the league in itself but would be a pretty good indication of the direction of travel.

Whole article's pretty gloomy. While players have been paid, many staff haven't or at least only in part. Suppliers not paid and withdrawing services if payment wasn't received by 5pm last night. Poor ticket sales due to uncertainty and not wanting to put money in the hands of current owners. Season tickets not yet sent out. Etc.

According to the Worcester Fans Forum they've been told the club has entered administration,
Guess that means the buyer that was reported has pulled out?

Their old CEO (Jim O'Toole) said he (plus some Americans) would buy the club but would put it into administration first, so I guess time to see if he steps up - he was saying his offer was still on the table if the new buyers fell through

Edit:
What a sh!tshow

Last edited:

Latest posts