• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

We Need to talk about Worcester

General feeling on the fans forum is the final curtain is looming. We're entirely in the dark, hoping something positive comes out tomorrow but there isn't much hope at all.

Is there a definitive punishment for going into administration?
Seen some say a points reduction (20? 25?) and some say you get booted right to the lowest league

Think it depends if it's administration or liquidation. We don't know which it'll be

Clubs with the richest sugar daddies looking at Worcester like
Birdman Rubbing Hands GIF

I can't see it happening if it needs all clubs to vote for it. Also completely undermines the salary cap and the effort clubs have gone to so that they meet it. Better solution is to have a fixed amount allowed per club.

Yeah no way someone like Newcastle would vote so that someone like Saracens/Bristol could bring in a load of internationals outside of the cap

Yeah no way someone like Newcastle would vote so that someone like Saracens/Bristol could bring in a load of internationals outside of the cap
I get the reasons why some teams would not be happy with it but id feel bad for the Worcester players who are without a club through no fault of their own who could have had a chance to play.

I think you might as well raise it to the levels it will be next season now tbh.

Falcons can't ***** about because it will be the level for next season anyway.

Hopefully know more tomorrow, it's painful as a supporter to think the club is dying, there's vultures flying around and no news at all coming out

I get the reasons why some teams would not be happy with it but id feel bad for the Worcester players who are without a club through no fault of their own who could have had a chance to play.
True, but then what about players who were released because their club had to meet the cap and either couldn't find another club or took a reduced wage.

It's a **** situation and I feel for the players, but a complete removal of the cap is not the answer.

Proper America draft system at current salaries would be interesting. :) so Bath getting first pick.
As long as total salaries are opened so all can see.
Until there is proper revenue shraing and an equalization of funding, then this will alway happen, sugar daddies funding some, while others rely on generated income.

So what will exactly will administration mean for Worcester in rugby terms? Long term and short term? Can they come back from it and if so what competition will they be in?

Whilst i know roughly what it means in a basic sense and short term i dont know much in detail.

From the sounds of it, not many people do know and I think it depends on the severity of the situation.

General feeling on the fans forum is the final curtain is looming. We're entirely in the dark, hoping something positive comes out tomorrow but there isn't much hope at all.
I'm hoping for the best, it's sad to see teams go under.

IMO Worcester doesn't have a strong enough foundation if it was to go down to come back up.
It's only chance if it's still in the prem with a new owner.

If it drops down to the champ I don't see how it will survive at all.

Latest posts