• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Welcome to the new forum software!

Hi Smartcooky,

It looks like a permissions error was preventing you from being able to edit your posts - I've corrected this and you should see an 'Edit' link next to the 'Report' link now. Let me know?

Thanks for your suggestions all! As @TRF_Fullback mentioned we'll be doing our best to carry them out ASAP :)
Working now thanks

I know Ive been a bit of a Negative Neddy, but I must say the
mobile site is excellent... way better than the Tapatalk App.

Not a massive gripe, but does the new software have the facility to add an "x new posts" link to lists of threads? It's much easier to click this and be taken to the latest posts since you last browsed rather than having to guess what page the latest new post will be on and scrolling through.

Other than that, so far, so good, thanks to those that have worked on it.

A minor thing, for me, is the order of the links across the top
Currently it's
Mark Forums Read Search Forums Watched Forums Watched Threads Recent Posts New Posts

Is it possible to reverse them? Every other forum I'm on has New Posts on the left and Mark Read on the right, and I keep clicking mark read when trying to get to the new posts :lol:

Another tiny problem I've just noticed, although it could be to do with my local settings. There appears to be a problem with rendering special characters. I noticed a thread ***le containing the word Francais (with a cedilla under the c) which is slightly mangled as the c character is being written out as ç for some reason. I don't quite understand why this should be as the character I'm talking about is part of the UTF-8 character set being used, so possibly not being recorded correctly (database using a different character set?) or not being written out properly.

I have tried to research having the threads display posts in descending order of time/date ("newest post first") and the news is not good. It appears there is no way to do this natively in Xenforo, let alone have users allowed to have that choice in their Configurations , and if that is true, then it is a big oversight on the part of the software designers. I hate having to go to the last page of a multi-page thread and scroll to the bottom to see the newest post ...its a bloody pain. If I were looking to move from some other software such as phpBB, Vbulletin or Invision to Xenforo, the lack of that basic functionality would be a show-stopper for me.

Any way to add a more distinct border to individual posts?

Pages seem like a mass of text, rather than a collection of posts.

Last edited:
Very minor thing, but threads don't seem to indicate whether or not there is a poll in said thread... would be handy if they did :)

Can anyone else not see country flags and team flair on mobile? It's frustrating because it provides much perspective on people's comments

Can anyone else not see country flags and team flair on mobile? It's frustrating because it provides much perspective on people's comments

If you turn your mobile on its side you will see a glorious tricolour under Tomasso Allan's handsome fizzog.

What's happened to subscribed threads? Do these not exist anymore?

When you reply to a thread you can choose whether or not to 'Watch' the thread, using the 'More Options' button on the quick reply area. Watching it means you'll be notified by email of any replies, and you'll get alerts on the forum too.

As Ddanno said the emails might go to your spam folder, we're currently looking into this issue.

Cheers

If you turn your mobile on its side you will see a glorious tricolour under Tomasso Allan's handsome fizzog.

Any plans to implement a portrait-orientated country flag? I look weird enough trying to catch pokemon on the bus without whirling my phone around like some upskirt perv o_O

There is a checkbox in your Username>Preferences to automatically watch threads you create/reply/post to.

Having said that, Xenforo has nowhere near enough personalised browsing options...

No Thread Display Mode: (oldest/newest first)
No skin choices
No "posts per page" option.

Any plans to implement a portrait-orientated country flag? I look weird enough trying to catch pokemon on the bus without whirling my phone around like some upskirt perv o_O

The flags are currently hidden on mobile portrait modes in order to de-clutter the layout a bit. We'll have a look into this and see if there's any way we can display it neatly - will keep you updated!

No Thread Display Mode: (oldest/newest first)
No skin choices
No "posts per page" option.

I've made a note of these and will look to implement them as options. In terms of skin choices, we would need to edit the existing skin to make another option, but we'd need to know what you're looking for from additional options?

EDIT: As per request of @smartcooky I've now implemented the ability to choose the thread order, so you can now choose whether to have the latest post first or not. Just hover over your name in the top bar where the profile settings are, then click 'Preferences' and select from the options there.

Let me know what you guys think?

Last edited:
A minor thing, for me, is the order of the links across the top
Currently it's
Mark Forums Read Search Forums Watched Forums Watched Threads Recent Posts New Posts

Is it possible to reverse them? Every other forum I'm on has New Posts on the left and Mark Read on the right, and I keep clicking mark read when trying to get to the new posts :lol:

I'd also like this if possible please, I'm forever hitting the wrong button!

After some lengthy consideration I'd just like to say I'm enjoying the new software and appreciate the effort to iron out any wrinkles.

Latest posts