• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Welcome to the new forum software!

Josh1

The Sidekick
Country Flag
UK
If you're reading this then you've made it to the new Xenforo-powered forum. Xenforo is a brand of forum software, you can find more details on their site. We've still not quite finished rebuilding the site in this new software, so please bear with us for a few days as we juggle our day jobs around working here. If you spot any major issues please post them as a reply to this thread, or if you can't reply, then email [email protected] - thanks!

Thanks Josh. Looks very tidy on mobile although ads feel a little intrusive right now. Will annoy you with complaints once I've poked around a bit more!

Last edited:
I must say this is really nice. Good to have a little change now and then and this is definitely for better reasons.

Nice, clean and simple 10/10 :D

Looks like you've done a great job! Clean and pretty. Only thing I'm not 100% on is the likings rating but maybe it's just about getting used to it.

Mostly OK, but I'm not impressed with the following

1. No settings dialog. I want threads to display newest post at the top (like I have for every other forum I am on) but it seems there is nowhere I can choose this option.

2. There is also no reply (without quote) button

3. No [textarea] button. The textarea BBC code function does even work when you try to use it manually

4. The preview button needs to be on the posting page, not under more options.

In short, the forum software looks pretty, but it appears to be missing a lot of basic functionality.

Mostly OK, but I'm not impressed with the following

1. No settings dialog. I want threads to display newest post at the top (like I have for every other forum I am on) but it seems there is nowhere I can choose this option.

2. There is also no reply (without quote) button

3. No [textarea] button. The textarea BBC code function does even work when you try to use it manually

4. The preview button needs to be on the posting page, not under more options.

In short, the forum software looks pretty, but it appears to be missing a lot of basic functionality.

All fair points, though I think it's also only fair to say that they needed feedback during the testing period, but only about 2 people went ahead and tested the platform and gave feedback.

Some additional problems

1. There is no ability for a member to edit a post once they have submitted it. If you have made an error, you can't fix it.

2. There are no Competition Tables at the top of any of the sections that are supposed to have them (Super Rugby/ITM Cup/Six Nations).

3. Most of Heineken's Super Rugby Match thread starters have issues with missing images.

4. A LOT of members appear to have lost their Avatars.

There are problems all over the place. IMO, this new software has been rolled out before it was ready.

Some additional problems ... There are problems all over the place. IMO, this new software has been rolled out before it was ready.

Thanks for building a list, but I would point you to Josh's first post:

We've still not quite finished rebuilding the site in this new software, so please bear with us for a few days as we juggle our day jobs around working here.

So keep the feedback flowing, but calm down a little as we did ask to give us a few days. Also, as someone else mentioned, it would have been great to have you testing and feeding this stuff back during the weeks we were trying to encourage people to test the software. We will work through the points and get back to you as soon as we can :)

Looks modern but i liked that matches post were divided from regular post. It a bit confusing right now.

I like it so far. And you can edit your posts, even after submitting them.

Here is the post I just posted. What do I click on to edit it?

Post.png

From what i understand the app doesn't work with the new forum software, but the new mobile site is really good so kinda negates the need for the app

Here is the post I just posted. What do I click on to edit it?

Hi Smartcooky,

It looks like a permissions error was preventing you from being able to edit your posts - I've corrected this and you should see an 'Edit' link next to the 'Report' link now. Let me know?

Thanks for your suggestions all! As @TRF_Fullback mentioned we'll be doing our best to carry them out ASAP :)

Can we add the functionality to ignore selected forums? I know its an option in Xenforo and its handy if like me, you have specific areas of interest and dont want to see all the other threads in the Recent Posts / New Posts etc. For example I dont want all the threads for NH Rugby included in what I can see.

Looks nice ! Though, there is a big issue with tables like I do for transfers recap :/

@galumay - we're happy to consider installing a plugin for that, do you know which one they are using?

@racingmetro92 - my colleague Josh is working on that, we will contact Xenforo on how to fix the old tables and how to make new ones. We will update you as soon as we can next week.

we're happy to consider installing a plugin for that, do you know which one they are using?

I will find out for you.

EDIT - https://xenforo.com/community/threads/th-ignore-more-paid.108814/

I failed to mention what a good job you guys did with the transfer of the software, having been involved in a couple its a very complicated and time consuming job so well done!

Also, I think there is some potential for slight improvement with the implementation of the "Quote" and "Reply" functions in terms of pop ups and buttons. Here is a screenshot of another forum I am on that may help explain,

screenie.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts