• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What games are you playing?

Picked up kingdom come deliverance and I. Am. Loving it.

Apparently they've ironed out most bugs since release (I've not encountered any) And this is right up my street. Was never big into magic in the elder scrolls games so I'm happy with a more realistic medieval rpg.
Story is great so far, it looks infinitely better than Skyrim (was eying the remaster up as an alternative) And I like the combat system.
Can see why people might say it's a bit slow paced/travel is slow, but it adds to the scale and realism imo

I'm glad it's in a playable state now, I had to put it aside for a while after losing ~20 hours rolling back to old saves because of bugs and **** patches. Before that I was really enjoying it though, and for a while it was building up to becoming one of my favourite games of all time. Desperately hoping that 1.5 fixes the halberd bug without having to load an older save so I can get back to it.

Besides the bugs the only real problem is that you soon find yourself having to artificially nerf your character to avoid the combat becoming too easy. You go from complete novice to an unstoppable juggernaut that one shots everything in hardly any time at all. I'm guessing there are plenty of mods out now that fix this curve though.

Yep, the game looks good but reckon the Royale hype might be gone by the time COD and BF are out.

Anthem looks pretty meh, which is a shame.

Yep, the game looks good but reckon the Royale hype might be gone by the time COD and BF are out.

Anthem looks pretty meh, which is a shame.

Dunno whether I'd say the game looks good... they need to either go for the arcadey mil-sim they had on BF2, or just make Bad Company 3.
1942, BF2 and BF:BC2 are comfortably the best games in the series.

Anthem looks like ***anfall meets Destiny. It's very much a slick but dull modern AAA game.

Cyberpunk 2077 the highlight for me. Like people are saying it looks more like a futuristic GTA than the gritty Blade Runneresque style atmosphere that it seemed from the first trailer but it still looks awesome. I know a lot of people despise the Witcher games (mainly for the combat) but it's undeniable really that CDPR put a lot more into their games than most developers, even the DLCs are full on expansions. Fully on board the hype train for this.

Plus the writing that briefly flashes up on screen basically confirms no microtransactions, so that's nice.

Also, I love JRPGs as much as the next katana wielding, fedora wearing weeaboo, but I will never understand Kingdom Hearts, wtf.

I loved kingdom hearts when it first came out, but I bought the remaster last year and it didn't grip me other than through nostalgia for the first time I played it.

Also there's so many of them now! And they all tie in to the plot so you have to have played all the handhelds and mobile games and all the "1.5" and "2.5" etc

Great E3 so far.
As someone who likes rust as a guilty pleasure hyped for Fallout 76

List so far of hyped games
Cyberpunk
ES6
Starfield
Dying Light 2
Sekiro
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Metro
Forza
BF 5 (Maybe)

Unsure of
Div 2 apparently Division is a lot better now.
Anthem
Halo (I want to like it buttt)

Fuk my wallet :(

DfhIBfeWAAAj_eT.jpg:large

God of War is getting better the longer i've played it. There are points it does get repetitive, but the storyline and combat improve as you acquire upgrades to the Axe and skills to go with it. The Boss battles are what make the game and it's pretty epic in scale. Although not quite Open world, as you can't go where you please.

Kratos' relationship with his son Atreus or as he keeps calling him Booooiiiiii is interesting. Reminds me of TLOU and Ellie/Joel's relationship. Atreus's arrows help stun enemies, but other than that can get in the way. The Talking head is hilarious though

Vampyr

It's OK. Could have been better. Lots of irritating mechanics which could have been ironed out. If you choose not to "embrace" all of the characters in the game it becomes increasingly frustrating as the streets become more and more populated and you have to constantly go back and forth to finish their stories.

An example of the sort of mechanics I'm talking about: there is no reload button. Just lots of very obtuse oversights.

Last edited:
I'm interested in seeing how Fallout 76 will develop. Initially I thought they had gone for a quick cash grab but hopefully they won't be going for the battle royale type game. Not really sure how the moveable homes will work unless it is a severely cut back version of the builder mode in Fallout 4. Quite frankly I liked building some of my forts in Fallout 4 and would have liked it expanded on with a proper build mode (freecam rather than where the player could look) and things like better wall placement, object extending to the ground level etc. It would be interesting if it was truly a rebuilding game where everything you did as first person etc was geared towards slowly trying to rebuild a society as opposed to all the other Bethesda games where the world at the end of the game feels identical to the world at the start, just less threatening.

Never played a JRPG before but started Persona 5 yesterday (as I couldn't find anything else to play)... bizarre and not necessarily my cup of tea but there's something about it. Sunk in 11 hours and will sink in a lot more before the September deluge.

Latest posts