• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What games are you playing?

There's been talk of an Uncharted film for ages, but I just think that they couldn't replicate action scenes from the video game in a live action without resorting to a lot of CGI in a 2- 3 hour film. Although having said that the fan made one, which lasts 15 mins with Nathan Fillion, who was made to play Nathan Drake, was fun.

Tom Holland is in the uncharted film so it is happening.

Think they are focusing on young Drake so it won't be directly compared to the games, unlike the new tomb raider.

Just about to finish Sekiro and got a week off the week after next, so looking for a new game to get stuck into. Got a huge backlog but the two main games I'm trying to decide between are Spider-Man and Assassins Creed Odyssey... anyone got any strong feelings about either?

Just about to finish Sekiro and got a week off the week after next, so looking for a new game to get stuck into. Got a huge backlog but the two main games I'm trying to decide between are Spider-Man and Assassins Creed Odyssey... anyone got any strong feelings about either?
I bought Spider-Man and was pretty disappointed. 60% through and not fought any interesting villains mostly just guys with guns.

I bought Spider-Man and was pretty disappointed. 60% through and not fought any interesting villains mostly just guys with guns.

Cheers stus, a big Marvel fan (in general) but 'something' has prevented me from starting Spider-Man as of yet... so my full backlog includes AC: Origins, Resident Evil 7, Dishonoured: Death of an Outsider, Return to Arkham, Divinity: Original Sin 2, infamous: Second Son (some of these games have been on my backlog for a while), Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Immortal: Unchained, Yakuza 0 and Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise (as well as Spider-Man and Odyssey) and the last thing I want to be doing is wasting the first day of my leave trying out loads of games until I find something that clicks...

Tom Holland is in the uncharted film so it is happening.

Think they are focusing on young Drake so it won't be directly compared to the games, unlike the new tomb raider.

I'll believe it when i see it. There have been so many scripts, directors and actors lined up only to fall through that it's gotten beyond a joke. Mark Wahlberg was lined up and was a cert to play Nate at one point and that also didn't happen.

I thought Spiderman was really great, even bought all the DLC for it.

Just finished Far Cry 5 so looking for my next play through - think I'm either gonna get God of War or The Last Of Us remastered

Cheers stus, a big Marvel fan (in general) but 'something' has prevented me from starting Spider-Man as of yet... so my full backlog includes AC: Origins, Resident Evil 7, Dishonoured: Death of an Outsider, Return to Arkham, Divinity: Original Sin 2, infamous: Second Son (some of these games have been on my backlog for a while), Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Immortal: Unchained, Yakuza 0 and Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise (as well as Spider-Man and Odyssey) and the last thing I want to be doing is wasting the first day of my leave trying out loads of games until I find something that clicks...
There's also some stealth missions as MJ and Miles Moralis- not the reason I bought a Spider-Man game.

Just finished Far Cry 5 so looking for my next play through - think I'm either gonna get God of War or The Last Of Us remastered

Both are great... but (for me at least) God of War is the greatest game ever made, it blew my mind continuously.

Infamous: Second Son got really tedious, which was a shame because the concept is great. The first 3-4hours were fun but the novelty wore off and it became one of the worst examples of AC style repetitive map-pin chasing I've played. The characters are hilariously **** too.

God of war and the last of us are the two best games I've ever played ever. I was taken back by how they draw you in and actually connect in ways other games can't, I was really surprised, I envy you having both of them to play again.

I'm still enjoying the Witcher if anyone is looking for a big game to play, great game.

On another note why arnt there more marvel games coming out? This is the height of their popularity so they should be milking it!

There's an avengers game in the pipeline that's supposed to be a game changer (pardon the pun). Think it's out next year.
There's Iron Man VR as well (though that's more of a gimmick)

Completely forgot I bought Witcher 3 in a playstation store sale recently, so between that and God of war (that I've just ordered) I'm set for a while

I really liked GOW but not as much as TLOU. Still, both great games, but whereas GOW was a 8/10 TLOU was a 10/10 for me. Probably because I spent too much time in GOW rowing around aimlessly and not being able to unlock places to get to. And I found the weapon and armour upgrades got a bit tedious after a while. I didn't feel in control of the moves and additional moves earned and just felt like button bashing when it came to fight scenes.

Also I preferred the Ellie/Joel relationship compared to the he father/son in GOW. I thought showing Joel lose Sara at the beginning gave the narrative and ending much more weight. Whereas we don't meet Kratos' wife and just see her dead at the beginning so the emotional loss for me wasn't the same as the TLOU. I did love the talking head though.

New COD announced and will probably be the first one in ages I pick up. Always adored the Modern Warfare series and if they include a remastered MW2 I'm sold.

New COD announced and will probably be the first one in ages I pick up. Always adored the Modern Warfare series and if they include a remastered MW2 I'm sold.
Does look rreeaallyy good,
I was a massive fan of the MW series, I'm glad they're going back for another modern shooter. I'm not a fan of "not too distant future" ones, and while the historical ones making a come back was nice I'm ready to SAS some fools.

They're making all the right noises with regards to no season pass etc. and by all accounts the new engine they're using is proper quality

Bought the new Cricket 2019 game. It has been helping me forget how bad we have actually been doing in reality.

Latest posts