• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What games are you playing?

I would love to like AOE3 but just can't get into it.

I've been playing AOE2 DE loads over the last few months and much prefer it.

Played through the single player of Battlefield: Hardline (got it through EA Play),
Better than I expected tbh - very short (only 10 main missions) but a decent enough police FPS (feel like there's not been any of those since the old SWAT games)

Didn't try the multiplayer - from what i read it's more small scale, and I prefer the large scaled BF multiplayer (if I wanted smallscale cops and robbers i'd get RB6: Siege)

Just finished replaying TLOU2 2nd time round. 8/10. Very good still, but can understand the criticism of the storyline compared to the the first one.

looking to exchange it for Spider-Man when CEX reopens properly.

Looking at the reviews of the Spider-Man game, seems it's only about 10 hours long to finish the story. Disappointing for a game that costs £50.

Was undecided between AC, Spider-Man and demon souls (also tempted with Cod) or the first PS5 game.
Looks like I'm taking Spider-Man out of that list and waiting for a sale.

Looking at the reviews of the Spider-Man game, seems it's only about 10 hours long to finish the story. Disappointing for a game that costs £50.

Was undecided between AC, Spider-Man and demon souls (also tempted with Cod) or the first PS5 game.
Looks like I'm taking Spider-Man out of that list and waiting for a sale.
You got your PS5 coming on launch day?

...so, just saw the RC4 is coming out on the Switch, i might be wrong but i heard t isn't the best game...but its been so long since i played a rugby game i think i;ll be picking it up

Looks like cyberpower should've been pushed another year or at least 6 months
I trust CDPR to patch it and fix it in that time.

But still.

Imagine if the next gen consoles didn't come out.

Last edited:
Looks like cyberpower should've been pushed another year or at least 6 months
I trust CDPR to patch it and fix it in that time.

But still.

Imagine if the next gen consoles didn't come out.
It's fineish on PS5 it just feels badly optimised. Which is a shame but it's mostly playable and not Arkham Knight on PC bad.

It's a shame though it's going to get a whole bunch of patches before it's ironed out.

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't get it - no plans on getting in until a PS5 version now either
Hopefully all ironed out by then - seen some absolute clangers posted on SM

Going to be interesting sitting back and waiting for the reviews of Cyberpunk. I had a gut feeling it was being ridiculously overhyped so time will tell...

Going to be interesting sitting back and waiting for the reviews of Cyberpunk. I had a gut feeling it was being ridiculously overhyped so time will tell...
Overhyped is a funny concept though. It's probably going to be a brilliant game but might not love up to everyone's wild expectations which means it might be called overhyped.

Either way I'll get it as I loved the Witcher. I'm a quarter of the way through TLOU2 and think it's a great game. No complaints at all. Feels brutal and a hard world you are surviving in. Really like the way it looks and feels.

Spider-Man and days gone after that.

waiting for the reviews of Cyberpunk
Console reviews are in the toilet

Very shitty of CDPR to not show any console footage, not send out any console reviews and also bar people from using their own (PC) footage in their reviews.
They knew the game wasn't up to scratch and wanted to hide it from the public.

They should have just not released on current gen, as Dying Light did, when they realised it was going to barely run.

Between that, and all their crunching, they've burnt a lot of the good will they've built from TW3.

Makes my decision to wait until PS5 much easier though, hopefully will all be sorted by then because, by all accounts, the underlying game/world looks fantastic

Well I discovered the main issue why I felt the game looked flat. Basically the default midrange for HDR on the PlayStation is a complete nonsence setting and it should be about half that. Once changed the game looks way way better.

Bit frustrating most other games have a HDR setting screen when you first load it to get the adjustments about right. This required a bit of a Google and I only because I noticed the game looked better with HDR off which sounded completely wrong. It was also off by default.

Still say wait unless you want it its a good game especially now I'm getting to grips with hacking and stealth (anyone who tells you you can't play that way is talking out their ass). However it's not Witcher 3 in terms of quality of story telling. It's had moments but the side missions are extremely generic which is a shame as that was one of the shining things in Witcher in they added depth.

Patch 1.04 already out (it was on 1.02 two days ago) so think they are going to be quite on top of it over the next week. Although one of those will be for epilepsy warnings.

As I'm having a 90s throwback with my reply watching, I intend to crack open Morrowind and Baldurs Gate on the PC this weekend - hope they doesn't kill my fond memories.
Hoping to find some graphics mods to help that

As I'm having a 90s throwback with my reply watching, I intend to crack open Morrowind and Baldurs Gate on the PC this weekend - hope they doesn't kill my fond memories.
Hoping to find some graphics mods to help that
What I find a bit of a waste is how successful Skyrim was and how long we will wait for the next game. They could have easily made another game in the mean time but they focussed on stupid online games.

In my head I like to think of gaming companies as having passion for their gaming genres but the trash that companies focus on these days is really disappointing. I think it's a sign I'm not one of the cash cow online gamers that like to waste their money on microtransations.

1607942356491.png

Honestly this is pretty bad for one they must have know it wasn't up to snuff on PS4 and XBox One and the fact they are apologising for not allowing it be known is just poor. There's a bunch of people saying well it is '8 year old hardware' yes 8 year old hardware that has been readily available for the entire development cycle of this game that always targeted release on those platforms and games have been release that look better than it does without the huge frame rate drops people are reporting.

I'm lucky my PS5 copes out of sheer brute force but I'd be serverly ****** if I was standard console owner.

Latest posts