• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

what happens to RC2006 in the future?

I

Inertia

This game has taken me so by suprise and grown on me over the last week i can't believe Swordfish won't be working on it further.

This game can't die a death now because it has enormous potential for the future.

Who do we lobby or protest to to make sure that some other company will be able to take this game and develop it further? Are talks in the pipeline.

I thought R2006 was going to blow this game away (before both were released) and, although I havne't played the EA game yet, it sounds to me like these games are closer than expected.

WIth better lineouts, improved rucking and mauling, some set plays , better team management etc this game would be an absolute stomper. :bravo:

Originally posted by Inertia@Feb 13 2006, 10:25 PM
This game has taken me so by suprise and grown on me over the last week i can't believe Swordfish won't be working on it further.

This game can't die a death now because it has enormous potential for the future.

Who do we lobby or protest to to make sure that some other company will be able to take this game and develop it further? Are talks in the pipeline.

I thought R2006 was going to blow this game away (before both were released) and, although I havne't played the EA game yet, it sounds to me like these games are closer than expected.

WIth better lineouts, improved rucking and mauling, some set plays , better team management etc this game would be an absolute stomper. :bravo:
RC2006 isn't far off being really good. A few changes and additions could really help.... It's such a step up from WCR.... makes you think what they could do with the next version.

2 players games get frustrating as turnovers are just so rare. My brother and I quickly agreed on a Rugby League '6 tackle' rule to make the game more fun, and this really helped it. We also had to ban handoffs when you have an attacking player 1 on 1 with the fullback, as it makes a tackle *impossible*. I'd like more control of the game at the breakdown - I want to be able to control my reciever so he can take it flat, deep, wide etc. It'd be cool as well to have more control over how the rest of your team lines up. Maybe you could use the Right Analog stick to tell them to stack one side of the breakdown.

Lineouts should be exactly like JLR - they were GREAT in JLR.

R06 on the other hand is a game I will never like, as I hate the jerky, unresponsive engine, and the players who run around like stupid headless chickens. If only EA would use the Madden engine for their Rugby series..

Originally posted by Jacko@Feb 14 2006, 04:48 PM
One word, three syllables Code-Mast-Ers!!!
thats it jacko

they have taken the BLIC code and will persue future ***les

they should do the same for RC2006

it is a good game.......and we needed this so EA went into 5th gear.

aye competition is healthy. hopefully someone like codemasters picks this up or another company as ea will get lazy without competition.

It is indeed a crying shame to let this game end here.

Just hope its selling well.

1 Rugby 06
2 Rugby Challenge 2006
3 Max 16MB PS2 Memory Card
4 Buzz!: The Music Quiz (Includes Buzzer)
5 Tekken 5
6 We Love Katamari
7 GUN
8 Moto GP 4
9 Dynasty Warriors 5: Xtreme Legends
10 Battlefield 2: Modern Combat

of play.com

top two are both rugby games.

Not bad for a game that at one stage looked like it was going to stay in Swordfish's office :)

I hope Codies give Lara the sequel treatment it deserves, they owe it to the fans and the work that went into BLIC.

there is a sequal but i dont know if swordfish are doing it... or so rubber keeps implying on the codies forums

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 15 2006, 08:48 AM
there is a sequal but i dont know if swordfish are doing it... or so rubber keeps implying on the codies forums
yeah i assume Swordfish sold them the code of BLIC so codies could make future ***les coz it appears swordfish are confined to other types of genre with UBISOFT

Codies still own the Jonah name so why can't they get Swordfish to make a new one??? Trev, can you help me here?

I would say it has something to do with vivendi games buying them out. they have to do what vug tell them to do now and I would guess that would rule out involvment with a competitior like codemasters.

Damn! Hopefully if there is a BLIC sequal made by someone other than Swordfish they'll be able to implement the same fielding system. Maybe if SF could provide them with correct info or even a little help into doing so.

Damn! Hopefully if there is a BLIC sequal made by someone other than Swordfish they'll be able to implement the same fielding system. Maybe if SF could provide them with correct info or even a little help into doing so.[/b]

Codies have the source.Thats what happens with these things.

Swordfish are not working with ubisoft
It was vivendi who bought swordfish out

ubisoft just stepped to publish RC2006 when hip went ***s up.

For the moment we definitely will not be working on either cricket or rugby. BLIC05 and RC2006 will be the last sports games we develop for some time - possibly ever.

We are working on some very cool stuff - which I cannot discuss as it has not been announced yet - so I'm happy with where Swordfish is going.

At the end of the day the budgets are just not available to develop top notch niche sports games - both BLIC and RC were developed on a shoestring. Whilst I'm proud of what we achieved, I am also aware of what we would have liked to include, but had to leave out because we just did not have the money.

I know Codies are looking at a sequel for BLIC and I think Ubisoft may try to develop a new RC game, but I do not know any details.

Hope some people enjoyed RC2006 - I know it was not to everyone's taste.

I'll still hang around the board, but merely as a user rather than a developer. :bravo:

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Feb 27 2006, 12:35 PM
We are working on some very cool stuff - which I cannot discuss as it has not been announced yet - so I'm happy with where Swordfish is going.
but its got zombies in it... right?

Originally posted by sambad5+Feb 27 2006, 03:34 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Trev@Swordfish
@Feb 27 2006, 12:35 PM
but its got zombies in it... right? [/b]

Erm ... actually no. :wacko:

Trev, I'm glad you are still going to be on here.

Btw, Did RC2006 see well as you expected?

Latest posts