• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Todays Testing Of Rc2006 At Swordfish

quick penalties? very important - im welsh see and dont want to just play scrums.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 2 2005, 09:38 AM
quick penalties? very important - im welsh see and dont want to just play scrums.
You can take a tap if thats what you mean ?

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Oct 2 2005, 07:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Oct 2 2005, 07:18 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Oct 2 2005, 09:38 AM
You can take a tap if thats what you mean ? [/b]
That's great news, it's such a small thing but it should add quite a bit.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Oct 2 2005, 07:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Oct 2 2005, 07:18 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Oct 2 2005, 09:38 AM
You can take a tap if thats what you mean ?[/b]
when u take a tap do u have to wait for a screen to come up to choose what u do or can u take the tap straight away (like in JLR) and catch the defence of guard.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
when u take a tap do u have to wait for a screen to come up to choose what u do or can u take the tap straight away (like in JLR) and catch the defence of guard.[/b]

thats what i mean.

No quick taps, have to choose from a menu.

Commentary wasn't on, but if it's john Inverdale you can bet it'll be boring!
<

Great work on all the info, just wondered if you could say anything more about contact situations. I know there are several tackle options, but how about different animations depending on the sizes of the players involved. And have they removed that annoying 'almost tripped over' animation from the last game? Also wondered if players have momentum when turning etc and does a successful sidestep depend on timing to put the defender off balance or is it more of a set animation like last time? Cheers again guys

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 3 2005, 09:10 AM
are we ever going to get in game footage?
Stop whining man, at least we get to talk to the people involved, ask them questions and get very quick replys, and we are actually in the game!

It is not that long till it is out.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 3 2005, 09:19 AM
i cant wait.
Ummm, well I don't know what to suggest. Become a games tester maybe?

It does sound really good though, but good things come to those who wait
<

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 3 2005, 09:23 AM
it doesnt help that im turning to an alcoholic
Of course it does, just get smashed every day untill it comes out, time will pass a lot quicker.

Then, heh presto, give up, an play RC2006.

Another question guys, does it have Bristol with Lima on it? Thanks.

good idea, but its bad when ive got an a level course, but i find that im really starting to get addicted to whiskey and cherry coke.

Originally posted by locksley@Oct 2 2005, 08:53 PM
No quick taps, have to choose from a menu.

Commentary wasn't on, but if it's john Inverdale you can bet it'll be boring!
<
thats stupid - if only they had read our complaints about WCR?

one of the best things about JLR was taking quick tap pens/free kicks and this was one of the most frustrating things in all rugby games since that they have a menu
<

Easy way to fix this i feel. Use the face buttons. when a penalty is awarded tap, say, circle for quick tap (if you want a slower line setup hold it), hold square for punt, hold x for scrum and hold triangle for place kick. Ingenious but simple!

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 3 2005, 09:40 AM
good idea, but its bad when ive got an a level course, but i find that im really starting to get addicted to whiskey and cherry coke.
Oh, that's just too easy.....

Latest posts