• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Todays Testing Of Rc2006 At Swordfish

lacksangasompong!

are there any super teams like in jlo rugby? (ie codemasters, rage, team lomu) of course they wont be those teams, but you know...

So what did Mr. Mather do to retire to reffing? Was he just getting too old? Does that mean Trevor and Ian are taking up managerial/coaching roles? Anyway, what was the giants name in JLR? Something Williams. Or maybe the was the WCR giant.

Help me out here Trev.

Can anyone shade any light on the southern hemisphere competitions? Super 14, in or out?

Originally posted by sambad5@Sep 29 2005, 09:39 PM
jlo rugby?
ooohhh i wud love to play that game

but with there previous ***les..i guess these guys will be..imagine that giant steam rolling through everyone

and the 15 jonah lomus!!! hahaha

classic

What camera angles are available?

I found the side camera on WCR slightly too close - especially when kicking, as even on widescreen mode the kicking power display was off the screen. I also don't remember the trailing camera being very playable before - is that view available, does it always trail the attacking team, and if so, how does it deal with changes in possession - does it swing round, or just instantly switch to the other end?

Originally posted by sambad5@Sep 29 2005, 09:39 PM
lacksangasompong!

are there any super teams like in jlo rugby? (ie codemasters, rage, team lomu) of course they wont be those teams, but you know...
<

thats the only name that pops into my head when i think of JLR!

ahh.....the memories
<

A couple of questions:

1. Has the running and sprinting animations been improved? in WRC they ran like turbo charged cartoons.

2.Do the fend and sidestep have knew more realistic animations, the sidestep was a bit awkward in the last one, and you could never tell if the fend worked due to poor animation.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Sep 29 2005, 11:22 PM
A couple of questions:

1. Has the running and sprinting animations been improved? in WRC they ran like turbo charged cartoons.

2.Do the fend and sidestep have knew more realistic animations, the sidestep was a bit awkward in the last one, and you could never tell if the fend worked due to poor animation.
1. The animations are fantastic and you couldnt really ask for anything more from the size of budget a rugby game would get compared to Madden, Fifa etc.

They have done a really good job and the animations all flow really well.

2. The sidestep animation is great and it works really well. There is a somewhat sadistic joy of stepping the fullback as he is racing towards you. Its utterly evil
<

Yes the fend works, but you have to time it right, which is how it should be. However its very easy just to use a big forward up the middle with sprint and bust a couple of tackles. This works especially well against backs which again is how it should be.

Originally posted by lionmaul@Sep 30 2005, 12:23 AM
Does the game have dummies. Or only offensive move is sidestep and fend?
No dummies, but again there is a time factor involved and im sure there are some things they wish they could have implemented or maybe even wished they could improve.

The fact is they have come up with a great product which as I have previously said, you would be hard put to not like.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 29 2005, 09:43 PM
So what did Mr. Mather do to retire to reffing? Was he just getting too old? Does that mean Trevor and Ian are taking up managerial/coaching roles? Anyway, what was the giants name in JLR? Something Williams. Or maybe the was the WCR giant.

Help me out here Trev.

The JLR big fella was me, although if memory serves I was out of position.

In WCR I was either at No.4 or 5. The big guy in the backs was Tom Hammersely - our PS2 Lead. Tom is a pretty big guy, he'd make a great second row. If he could play rugby as well as he can code he would have been on the last Lions tour!

wot about an attacking fullback in RC2006. he never joined the back line for attacking duties in WCR. hope thats been changed

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish+Sep 30 2005, 02:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trev@Swordfish @ Sep 30 2005, 02:49 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Sep 29 2005, 09:43 PM

Help me out here Trev.

The JLR big fella was me, although if memory serves I was out of position.

In WCR I was either at No.4 or 5. The big guy in the backs was Tom Hammersely - our PS2 Lead. Tom is a pretty big guy, he'd make a great second row. If he could play rugby as well as he can code he would have been on the last Lions tour! [/b]
Oh, cheers. You were a lot smaller in WCR. I'm stoked that Mathers the ref...

Wait...Is this just a good excuse not to have a video ref? Because Mathers quick enough to get into the perfect position each and every time?

This game is sounding better and better (by the way nice to have you back on board Locks)..........

Any idea what some of the classic matches are??, also is the editing pretty comprehensive ie. lots of options for creating new strips, players??

Thanks for the reply knowlsleyroader. This game sounds good so far. another couple of questions.

1. Does the sprint bar run out when your half way through what would be an awsome runaway?

2. Is there a good instant replay? WRC had one of the worst insant replays ever(Rugby2004 was right up there too) If there is, can u save them?(wishfull thinking I know)

Latest posts