• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What is the most serious injury you have suffered?

MichaelBoard

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
What is the most serious injury you have ever incurred? It could be a sports related injury or just a serious injury caused by other means.

Well the most serious rugby related injury I've suffered is breaking my nose which wasn't too bad compared to some injuries that can happen on the rugby field, so I thought I was quite lucky. Although this wasn't a rugby injury more recently I broke my leg in 5 places. My tibia was broken into 3 so I've got a 10mm metal rod goin from my knee down to my ankle to hold it together, a screw in my knee and 2 in my ankle to hold it into place and my fibula was also broken in 2 places. This happened in September last year and I am still only walking but unable to run and won't be able to for at least another 6 months or more. So when I'm finally fit to play rugby again it will have kept me out for 17 months.
This is when I first broke my leg:
whenIfirstbrokeit.jpg

This is a recent x-ray from January which shows that its much the same and hasn't healed:
recentxray4thjan2010.jpg

Was on my way back from a nightout and agreed a fare with a taxi driver (was on a meter but he said roughly what it would be). So to make the fare go up he started driving slow and going the wrong way just to put it up. So we got about 5 minutes away from my home and I jus told him to stop because he said it would be about £15 and I had about £16 on me so that would've been ok but by the time he stopped it was over £20 so I said I'll give you what I've got on me because you're taking the **** basically. So I got out nd he tried to grab me so I ran, then he ran me over and I said you broke my leg because I actually tried to get up and my leg just flopped so he got out and started booting the leg and drove off and left me in the middle of the road at 4.15 in the morning. I was on the road for an hour, didn't want to worry my mum or any family so I rang my own ambulance and waited for just over an hour. They never caught the *******, so hes still out there, he ruined my chanches of playing rugby (at least for now) and could've killed me, you'd think that guilt would make you come forward.

what a ***hole ive never been injury myslef but i did mage to dislocate another players neck.

oh yeah and to rub it in I put in a claim for compensation and because I was honest and admitted that I got out of the taxi without paying the full amount they said that it was a criminal act and denied the claim, eventhough the bloke who did it is still on the streets. I've appealed it though and waiting for a response, bit wrong really because if I'd had my claim accepted I would've been awarded anything from £5,000-£20,000.

i have no clue how to do it but what happen was i got the ball amde a breke about 20m from thine line i had about 3 people hanging off me anyway one of them let go and he fell on his neck i think. i scorced the try witch won us the game BTW.

that happnen to my freind he got tripped he was a fly half now hes like fat as hell(well now hes better this was a year ago so thats like over the year)

I've broken my color bone while being flipped in Hapkido. I broke my arm as a kid falling off a slide, my wrist while playing rugby, my ankle while on the trampoline as a kid, broke my two front teeth while playing soccer and split my head open as a 18 month old baby (it was because of a head growth problem, not neglect lol).

The funniest thing I ever saw was while I was at the emergency department was when a 40 or so year old bloke broke his arm playing cops and robbers.

bluddyhell, you've suffered some injuries, woudn't like to say whos were worse as they both different circumstances. Mine was suffered because someone tried to kill me and yours were sports ones. on ething I'll say is it was more painful when I had to have a temporary cast put on while I waited for my operation (because the breaks were so bad the hospital didn't stock parts big enough for my leg so had to wait two days for it to be delivered). It took 3 people to hold my leg upright, with all those breals in it for just under 10 minutes while they wrapped a cast onto it, all the bones were moving it was horrible.

Broke my fibula, dislocated my ankle and ruptured all my ligaments in my left ankle, whilst playing rugby.

Latest posts