• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

The only video games my wife has ever willingly watched me play. (well Part 2 as well). We are genuinely very excited and been telling family members who don't play computer games to watch it.
Great that HBO got this Craig Mazin guy who did Chernobyl to help adapt it. Looks like they've chucked a hell of a lot of money into it. The cities and back drops look amazing. Have high hopes.

Great that HBO got this Craig Mazin guy who did Chernobyl to help adapt it. Looks like they've chucked a hell of a lot of money into it. The cities and back drops look amazing. Have high hopes.
Chernobyl is amazing, everything else he's done is shite though. Still TLOU isn't comedy so venturing out of that space may have just been where he talents lie.

Druckmann still being a writer is core I think plus Pedro Pascal is watchable in everything he's in The Madalorian might be his weakest role.

Just watched LotR: Rings of Power, actually really enjoyed it. Heard alot of negtive things but i liked it.

Yup first episode pretty much excellent for a fan of the video game and someone who watched the other play it. Still that opening part is still as gut renching as ever I'll get hardened to it someday. I liked how they the only time they really used a narrative video game camera style position was in the truck.

I think the real proof will in be episode 2 they kinda glossed over the core gameplay parts in ep 1 focusing on narrative rather than action/suspense. But the next episode should start introducing it a lot more. How they walk that tight rope is where most video game adaptations have failed.

Yup first episode pretty much excellent for a fan of the video game and someone who watched the other play it. Still that opening part is still as gut renching as ever I'll get hardened to it someday. I liked how they the only time they really used a narrative video game camera style position was in the truck.

I think the real proof will in be episode 2 they kinda glossed over the core gameplay parts in ep 1 focusing on narrative rather than action/suspense. But the next episode should start introducing it a lot more. How they walk that tight rope is where most video game adaptations have failed.
Apparently episode 3 is superb. It's about Bill and Frank. That part of the game was my favourite especially the graveyard scene with the clickers, but they'll likely concentrate on their "relationship".

The clickers are the ones which I am looking forward to and the fear created sneaking past them. But I am enjoyed getting killed by them. 😂

Apparently episode 3 is superb. It's about Bill and Frank. That part of the game was my favourite especially the graveyard scene with the clickers, but they'll likely concentrate on their "relationship".

The clickers are the ones which I am looking forward to and the fear created sneaking past them. But I am enjoyed getting killed by them. 😂
Honestly the bit I'm looking forward to it is Sam and Henry which will be 4/5 I imagine, they might get two episodes. It was the last part where I was playing that my wife started paying attention and then agreed to watch it from the start.

Yeah that pretty much where I though Episode 3 would be they seam to be doing the entire first game as season 1 (I assume if they do later season rather than just part 2 in 4-5 years time they'll fill in the flashbacks a bit more). That should be pretty good.

Watched the first episode of The Last Of Us today...
I feel I've seen this play out a hundred times before - without the heavy handed exposition and OTT ridiculousness. I won't be tuning in again.

Discovered afterwards that it's based on a game (actually, I think I may have known, then forgot), which explains a lot of the above - I'd guess this is super-faithful, but for me there's a reason adaptations adapt, rather than be faithful retellings.

Watched the first episode of The Last Of Us today...
I feel I've seen this play out a hundred times before - without the heavy handed exposition and OTT ridiculousness. I won't be tuning in again.

Discovered afterwards that it's based on a game (actually, I think I may have known, then forgot), which explains a lot of the above - I'd guess this is super-faithful, but for me there's a reason adaptations adapt, rather than be faithful retellings.
Perhaps for those who enjoyed the game then. I enjoyed both episodes so far. Very faithful to the game apart from the Spores being replaced with tendrils. Loved the final bit with the clickers. Recreated them perfectly for me.

Is it better than the Walking dead? Too early to tell. I gave up on they show after S1.

Perhaps for those who enjoyed the game then. I enjoyed both episodes so far. Very faithful to the game apart from the Spores being replaced with tendrils. Loved the final bit with the clickers. Recreated them perfectly for me.

Is it better than the Walking dead? Too early to tell. I gave up on they show after S1.
I'm not keen on the Tendrils or at least connectiveness of them. It feels like lore that doesn't add to the story as way of spread its an interesting change an avoids actors behind gas masks.

Also whilst the kiss was pure horror it felt out of place.

Clickers were great especially now I no longer have agency to manage them.

I am enjoying the segments before credits especially having now lived in a pandemic how that's influenced that writing.

Characterisation is spot on but the show now lives and dies on the relationship between Joel and Ellie if that doesn't evolve correctly it will fail but the only well to tell is if the end works.

I'm not keen on the Tendrils or at least connectiveness of them. It feels like lore that doesn't add to the story as way of spread its an interesting change an avoids actors behind gas masks.

Also whilst the kiss was pure horror it felt out of place.
Yeh I was reading that the show's creators explained that they didn't use Spores in the show because they are invisible and wouldn't show up as well on tv.

The "kiss" wasn't meant to be erotic apparently, although many read into it as such. Just a way for the infected to invite Tess to their side. More controversial than the game for sure.

The "kiss" wasn't meant to be erotic apparently, although many read into it as such. Just a way for the infected to invite Tess to their side. More controversial than the game for sure.
Okay I'm confused by the creators here.

Like no one thinks the infected is literally trying to kiss Tess.

But symbolically in the way its shot and shown visually and embracing her into their will. How could they not be doing that deliberately? Like thats why I describe it as pure horror visually its one thing but literally its different. I wasn't keen because it was a tone of horror out of keeping with how the rest of it works. Not because it wasn't well executed in what it was and what I thought they were intending but now they are saying they weren't try to execute that? How can you be so on the nose and not realised what your making,

Almost like Angelina Jolie possibly being the only person making Malecifent who realised they were making a rape allegory.

Latest posts