• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Yeah it's not going to stop me finding something he writes funny if it is funny. It's fine for people to have different opinions to me.
I find his stuff funny I just worry about what his new stuff would not be. Plus history has taught us Cleese works better with collaborators Chapman was his main writing partner in the Python's and Booth for FT.

I find his stuff funny I just worry about what his new stuff would not be. Plus history has taught us Cleese works better with collaborators Chapman was his main writing partner in the Python's and Booth for FT.
TBF it will probably bomb. Most things they try and resurrect apart from AP bombed.

Always been a fan of FT but can't imagine a revival is going to be much cop, especially with the way Cleese has been going the past few years - just going to be full of jokes about cancel culture and how he's been silenced despite being there on your screen
i mentioned it to some more right leaning people...where as i thought it might be more about Basil learning and adapting to the current world (or very tame and just about dealing with airBnB, on line reviews, technology in general etc)....they were all hoping it would "push the boundaries"....have him being exactly the same and taking it to "woke" culture.....cant see anyone winning

he also seems to miss something ive talked about loads of times, one of the defining aspects is there were only 12 episodes...its this tiny snap shot of this chactature...but if you revive it exactly the same...that all gets undermined

This was very very good,
Definitely one of my favourite shows on streaming - glad we're getting another series before Amazon cuts ties with Clarkson
Smashed all 8 episodes out in a couple of nights really enjoyed it. Would have enjoyed it more if he taken the council to court.

I've not watched it yet because I was tainted by how pathetic top gear ended up. Is Clarcksons farm too clarcksonish or is it only for super fans?

I've not watched it yet because I was tainted by how pathetic top gear ended up. Is Clarcksons farm too clarcksonish or is it only for super fans?
I'd say it's the exact opposite of Clarksonish tbh - he doesn't have his media persona on is borderline likeable with how much he grows to genuinely care about the farming community over the course of it
My mom absolutely despises Clarkson but loves the show

I highly recommend it, it's great TV and he has some great characters working on the farm with him

New comedy debuts tonight on FOX and tomorrow on hulu.

Animal_Control_TV_series.jpeg

Gotta say aside from Rogue One and the Mandalorian Disney's handling of Star Wars has been shockingly bad.
All the new marvel stuff is poor as well. There seems to be a focus on more rubbish characters and possibly a focus on trying to make the franchise more diverse but a real lack of focus on actually writing some decent shows.

Gotta say aside from Rogue One and the Mandalorian Disney's handling of Star Wars has been shockingly bad.
Not finished it but Andor is one of the better things they've done with Star Wars in years. I mean it's essentially the same vibe as Rogue One.

Agree in general though, what they've done with the Star Wars stuff has been shocking and the Marvel stuff is nosediving as well. I think people are worn out with these two properties as well. Feels like there's something new every week.

Last edited:
I thought the book of fett was decent as was the Mandalorian, Andor and Rogue one. The movies not so much but that's not a terrible return so far. Better than I thought they'd do to be honest.

I thought the book of fett was decent as was the Mandalorian, Andor and Rogue one. The movies not so much but that's not a terrible return so far. Better than I thought they'd do to be honest.
Just being decent isn't really where you want to be with Star wars or Disney. If you look at a streaming competitor like Netflix who were able to take the Karate kid franchise, revamp it and and make Cobra Kia which IMO is better than anything Disney have produced in the last 10 years then you kind of see why Disney are in a mess.

All the new marvel stuff is poor as well. There seems to be a focus on more rubbish characters and possibly a focus on trying to make the franchise more diverse but a real lack of focus on actually writing some decent shows.
I'm not sure that Star Wars was ever all that, really - if you take out the nostalgia of watching as a kid.
I loved the original trilogy, but then I was 1, 4 and 7 when they came out, and RotJ was the first film I (remember) seeing at the cinema.

Prequel trilogy was definitely a bit ****, and only looks any better in retrospect because the sequel trilogy managed to be even worse (he says, I still haven't watched the last one - and don't intend to).

As for Marvel - I'm not sure if that's Disney's handling, franchise fatigue, or that they're going too comic book, with far too much handwaving, ignoring of precedent and fanwanking required to make sense of anything. They've always had those elements, but they've been ramped up to 11. They've also always had mishit films, currently though, all the films are mishits.

Once you start using "Quantum" to explain anything you can't be bothered to right around; convenient time travel, and multiverses (and multiverse travelling) then you start losing your audience. And that's not even bothering with the "He's not a god, just an advanced alien" => "Oh yeah, he is actually a god really, and can hang out with all these other gods as an equal" => "Oh, and he can give his godlike powers to absolutely anyone, at any time of his choosing", then... **** you, really.
They did ridiculously well building up a coherent (ish) story over a decade, with a huge partially integrated cast, leading up to a story climax. Then they should have rolled over, had a ciggie, and fallen asleep. But I think that's because the story was done, rather than because Disney.
Of course, they could always have gone away, acquired Fantastic Four, and X-men; done them for a bit, and reboot the MCU afresh in a decade's time.

I've given up on both franchises; but I'm not convinced it's "because Disney"

Just being decent isn't really where you want to be with Star wars or Disney. If you look at a streaming competitor like Netflix who were able to take the Karate kid franchise, revamp it and and make Cobra Kia which IMO is better than anything Disney have produced in the last 10 years then you kind of see why Disney are in a mess.
You are smoking crack if you rate that Karate Kid. Jesus.

Andor is literally in a different universe.

Latest posts