• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Watched the first series (Well, it's 2 episodes) of Touch of Cloth.
Airplane meets The Bill. It's a positive barrage of jokes, puns and unsubtle innuendo.

I've just got the 30 day re-trial for amazon prime is it worth checking out?

it's much more in keeping with the comic, but it's pretty average overall. only watched the first two episodes so maybe it'll pick up a bit... quite dark though.

I've just got the 30 day re-trial for amazon prime is it worth checking out?

The pilot didn't leave me wanting more, but I gave it a chance and after the first couple of episodes the show has definitely improved. I'm still on the fence of calling it a good/bad show though. The promise is there so I'm hoping it picks up where it lift off after the break.

it's much more in keeping with the comic, but it's pretty average overall. only watched the first two episodes so maybe it'll pick up a bit... quite dark though.

I felt I had to withhold the expectations I had from the comics. I've also found it quite.. glossy?? Hence the kid remark.

Last edited:
The pilot didn't leave me wanting more, but I gave it a chance and after the first couple of episodes the show has definitely improved. I'm still on the fence of calling it a good/bad show though. The promise is there so I'm hoping it picks up where it lift off after the break.

I felt I had to withhold the expectations I had from the comics. I've also found it quite.. glossy?? Hence the kid remark.

I've given up on it, got about three episodes in and felt my brain just switching off from it... haven't gone back

I've given up on it, got about three episodes in and felt my brain just switching off from it... haven't gone back

Haha yeah it isn't easy watching. Do you watch any other comic related shows like The Flash or Arrow?

Haha yeah it isn't easy watching. Do you watch any other comic related shows like The Flash or Arrow?

yep, pretty much all of them:

Flash, Arrow, Gotham, Agents of Shield all of which are much better imho, i think Constantine came across as just toooo hokey to be honest.

yep, pretty much all of them:

Flash, Arrow, Gotham, Agents of Shield all of which are much better imho, i think Constantine came across as just toooo hokey to be honest.

I've thought about watching Gotham but I've put it off for ages because I wonder just how good it could possibly be when Batman isn't in it. Agents of Shield I should probably watch too. Did you ever watch Smallville? I was glued to that growing up but it got pretty bad in the last few seasons.

i liked the first couple of seasons of smallville.

Gotham is really good, loads of headnods to the batman universe, and he is in it albeit a very young bruce wane but his development into batman is there all through...

Got both seasons of House of Cards for Christmas up to episode 18 already. Really good but very cynical.

Started watching New Girl and it's not helping my strong desire to wed Zooey Deschanel.

Started watching New Girl and it's not helping my strong desire to wed Zooey Deschanel.

She's beaaauutiful, quirks and all :heart:..... Schmidt's my favourite character on that show though :lol:

Just started Utopia, really good! Shame it was not given a third series.

Watched Black Mirror and it was OK. I felt it overdid the 'technology bad' though. First episode was out there...

Just started Utopia, really good! Shame it was not given a third series.

Watched Black Mirror and it was OK. I felt it overdid the 'technology bad' though. First episode was out there...
The whole point of Black Mirror was that it was an anthology of dystopian tales of the future. Its a bit harsh to criticise it for using an essential element from its genre. I mean, it's kinda like criticising a romance movie for the narrative focusing too much on love.

Latest posts