• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Yup just seen nice to see plots starting resolve or come to their conclusion.

I thought their were contractual clauses against the ending...

Damn GoT hitting dem feels properly this episode.

Although gotta say this season has felt extremely rushed this season and not as well written IMHO.

Damn GoT hitting dem feels properly this episode.

Although gotta say this season has felt extremely rushed this season and not as well written IMHO.

Yep, I can't even say anything to anyone since no one else around me has watched it. Damn.

I am seeing two camps on your second point though. There's a group saying that there isn't enough setting up this season and it's too much big things happening and then there are others saying getting past the books was the best thing ever and now every episode has something big in it.

Personally I am tending towards the second camp. There seems to be a set method, the first 40 minutes are set up scenes to keep storylines going around Westeros, and then the last 10/20 minutes they do something incredible or brave. When you have about ten different storylines running at once though it makes sense that they are able to have big reveals every episode.

Just ... :(

Last bit, excellent imo, one just before it, **** and a bit of a meh shoddy writing.

Let's be honest the reason why there was usually alot of setting up in previous seasons is because they were 1000 page books and they are usually geared to setting the pieces for the next part.

Though I will say George R R Martin spent the last two books doing that. Basically even he admits he screwed up and spirited key characters too much creating way too much plot in the process. Robert Jordan made a similar mistake with The Wheel of Time.

As for this series it feels more like season 1 in being a lot more focused. This was feels episode honestly welled up at the end after the reveal of what was going on happened as I realised what was happening next.

Part of reason for this season working is as we're nearing the end we are getting payoffs for very long plot threads. I think next season is get probably Danny taking Westerns and the final the White Walker war. That means cramping in a lot into this season. I'll be surprised if the major plots wildly diverge.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's be honest the reason why there was usually alot of setting up in previous seasons is because they were 1000 page books and they are usually geared to setting the pieces for the next part.

Though I will say George R R Martin spent the last two books doing that. Basically even he admits he screwed up and spirited key characters too much creating way too much plot in the process. Robert Jordan made a similar mistake with The Wheel of Time.

As for this series it feels more like season 1 in being a lot more focused. This was feels episode honestly welled up at the end after the reveal of what was going on happened as I realised what was happening next.

Part of reason for this season working is as we're nearing the end we are getting payoffs for very long plot threads. I think next season is get probably Danny taking Westerns and the final the White Walker war. That means cramping in a lot into this season. I'll be surprised if the major plots wildly diverge.

New top gear time.

Will be interesting to say the least.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate it

I do like Sabine though

Last edited:
Oh dear... I know Evans is always like this, so he isn't putting it on, but he's trying way too hard.... genuinely difficult to watch.

This is going to be absolutely slaughtered by the press.

LeBlanc actually seems decent, could have fitted in with the old presenters.

Last edited:
I watched the whole show, it came across as watching a foreign version of the show like Top Gear USA UK.

Evans is really my main issue with it i listen to his radio show in the morning a fair bit so it's not like i dislike him but........

Leblanc was acting basically but i could understand that for a first episode.

Sabine was Sabine if only for a brief segment.

Will watch it again next weekend but Evans is trying wayyyy to hard to be likeable, made worse with the fact he has got scripts that seem to have been written for a Clarkson (who is Evans polar opposite) it got quite cringey esp the star segment.

Agree with LeBlanc suiting the old show though he prob would of been a good dimension to them, and Sabine prob would of fitted in with them as well (Well when they film with her there was good chemistry).

Last edited:
Twas alright new presenters just need to find their own voice which they'll do over time. Sort of like what use to be new Top Gear got rid of original bloke in the threesome and bought in May.

Anyway was as good as can be expected tonight.

Really poor. Chris Evans 'style' of presenting (aka shouting a lot), combined with LeBlanc making Joey look like the talented one, did not make good viewing.
On the bright side, it can only go uphill from here. Hopefully more Shmidt, as she seems the funniest of the lot, and to make a Top Gun instructor throw up is quite an achievement :)

Really poor. Chris Evans 'style' of presenting (aka shouting a lot), combined with LeBlanc making Joey look like the talented one, did not make good viewing.
On the bright side, it can only go uphill from here. Hopefully more Shmidt, as she seems the funniest of the lot, and to make a Top Gun instructor throw up is quite an achievement :)

Question - had Clarkson and co not done TG first, how would you have rated this programme? Did it suffer from comparison

We did not enjoy it but were pondering that question!

Just caught GOT episode 6 on catch up. Good episode with a couple of surprises.

Question - had Clarkson and co not done TG first, how would you have rated this programme? Did it suffer from comparison

Didn't like Chris Evans' presenting style at all. Was like he was trying to make TFI Top Gear.
LeBlanc was just wooden.

Irrelevant, really.... nothing exists in a vacuum - particularly not a "reboot" of the worlds most watched tv programme.

It would be different if they had created a new replacement programme, but they didn't.... they've tried to continue Top Gear - which is a very clearly defined programme at this point.

it's an interesting situation whilst the others had time to bed in this one doesn't it is the perils of following an act that made huge amount of money for the bbc and had a huge international following.

I just wonder if the BBC went too much entertainer car enthusiasts and not enough Car Journalists/Experts.

I also don't understand announcing like 10000 presenters pre top gear when the show is looking like it is revolving around 2 presenters with a guest slot.

On Twitter/Facebook:
it seems to be a case of Clarkson haters/thought Top gear was to macho love this on
Those that love Clarkson and co hate it
everyone else disappointed but will prob give it longer.

Trouble is I enjoyed the Machoism of Top gear a bit Evans comes across ATM like a wet lettuce Brit who is to overly excited and I suspect that is why it was a big hit on the international markets, LeBlanc needed a big personality to go against IMO.
I would rather of had Ramsey (Who always seems a lot calmer on UK TV than US TV) doing Top gear than Evans judged on yesterday showing.

Will prob give it 2 more episodes IF it carries on like this I prob won't bother again.

(Also need to start saving pennies for Amazon Prime).

On Twitter/Facebook:
it seems to be a case of Clarkson haters/thought Top gear was to macho love this on
Those that love Clarkson and co hate it

I don't understand this at all.... I saw a couple of people saying things along the lines of "finally... I can watch TG without Clarkson"... WTF does that even mean?
TG is Clarkson.

Latest posts