• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

I'm a big Top Gear fan, have every episode since series 3 on my laptop and watch them often. This new iteration has potential. As a car person I'm always going to like it more than not but there are a couple of bits I'm not sold on.

I like Chris Evans in concept, the bloke is a huge car nut and knows his stuff but as is pointed out he is a bit too loud, bit too overexcited and I think the fact he's mainly done radio in the last couple of years shows. Le Blanc is the best bit, he again knows what he's talking about and is more natural in front of a camera, plus I like the in joke that will be the American guy working in British TV, hearing him say "pounds" is odd. The films are better than the studio segments by far.

The worst bit is the guest section. What link in week 1 did Ramsey and that American guy whos name I forget but remember he was quite funny have? Why get them to introduce each other? What the hell did they do to the lap?

I do get why people don't like it, the more casual fans who don't know the difference in a 458 and a 458 Speciale, who watched it more for the antics won't watch but on the whole I like it. Intrigued to see what Clarkson et al do with their new one

Top Gear was pretty good i thought.

Still not sold on Evans.

Yeah that was far better than the first episode, helped by the extra guests on the South Africa part. Meant that they didn't have to resort forced humor which they really struggled with first time round. Jensen Button was the most comfortable on camera though, which is a worrying sign!

Still think they need to move away from Clarkson's concept for the most part. Keep the grand adventures, evolve everything else. Chris Evans is still mighty annoying though!

Clarkson et al sound like they are doing basically a special episode every episode.

I like Evans in the morning if i listen to the radio, but I didn't like TGI Friday for the same reason as i don't like him in top gear. also just has one of those faces. (Mind he face when Button was having fun in the McLaren 675LT was pretty funny), (who i actually think would make an excellent presenter when he retires).

The best thing with Top Gear is the cinematography is so on point, it is an excellent standard and makes watching it so easy.

Agree with the rally lap thing, Just seems pointless. (also name was Esienberg the new Lex Luthor).

It's one of those things that if it wasn't Top Gear it wouldn't be as hated by some but it also wouldn't get the numbers it does.

(It seems like it will be rotating the 3rd presenter every episode which i'm not sure on would of rather they had a main 3 to build chemistry over time, with a rotating one).

Clarkson et al sound like they are doing basically a special episode every episode.

I like Evans in the morning if i listen to the radio, but I didn't like TGI Friday for the same reason as i don't like him in top gear. also just has one of those faces. (Mind he face when Button was having fun in the McLaren 675LT was pretty funny), (who i actually think would make an excellent presenter when he retires).

The best thing with Top Gear is the cinematography is so on point, it is an excellent standard and makes watching it so easy.

Agree with the rally lap thing, Just seems pointless. (also name was Esienberg the new Lex Luthor).

It's one of those things that if it wasn't Top Gear it wouldn't be as hated by some but it also wouldn't get the numbers it does.

(It seems like it will be rotating the 3rd presenter every episode which i'm not sure on would of rather they had a main 3 to build chemistry over time, with a rotating one).

Issue with the guest lap I have, aside from the gimmick-y nature of it is that it just looks soooo slow and feels like a section theyve forced into the show rather than it becoming the natural place it held in Old TG. Button would make a good presenter, he has the natural charisma the Old 3 had and he was linked when his F1 seat was in question (and may be again this season so expect it again)

In reading "On that Bombshell" one thing I have learnt about the people who make Top Gear is that if something doesn't work, they'll change it and I suspect this format won't all carry on into next one.

Last edited:
Button for Evans would be a good swap IMO.

Might be harsh but i don't see Evans changing his style.

Button and Le Blanc would be a good pairing IMO.

Button for Evans would be a good swap IMO.

Might be harsh but i don't see Evans changing his style.

Button and Le Blanc would be a good pairing IMO.

No I don't think he will. I do hope he tones it down a tad. I like his enthusiasm, just less shouting.

Just seen ep. 7 of GOT. Couple of surprises, but it feels like they are really setting it up for the final 3 episodes. Isn't no. 9 in each season the big one?

Aye, really enjoyed it.
Possibly enjoyed this season the most of any so far, not been a bad/slow episode so far.
******vaguely worded spoilers*******
I'm convinced that the final scene is a play - and that they're faking. Just seems way too...simple, after all the training.

Season finale of Peaky Blinders was....eventful!

Went to a screening at a bar in Digbeth (one of the parts of Birmingham that the the Peaky Blinders is set) and it was great fun. They commissioned a local brewery to make a "Peaky Blinder" black IPA, which was a suprisingly palatable pint considering I'm not a fan of "real ale" at all.
Lot of people dressed up as Blinders and a lot of cheering and applause at certain points in the episode, great fun.

Aye, loved it. Really great.

Can't wait for the next one now to see how the other storylines progress.
Gutted it's the finale!

Anyone else staying up for the finale?

not sure how it can beat last weeks episode.

Been a good season personally think some was too predictable, but it was brilliantly done.

I suspect we will see a "Goody" of some kind kick the bucket.

Anyone else staying up for the finale?

not sure how it can beat last weeks episode.

Been a good season personally think some was too predictable, but it was brilliantly done.

I suspect we will see a "Goody" of some kind kick the bucket.

I reckon a Lannister's gonna kick the bucket, whether that's Cersei, Jaime or Tommen.

Got the day off tomorrow so going to download/watch it sometime during the day.
Really looking forward to it - I don't think it'll top last weeks but I'm interested to see how the storylines progress (specifically Kings Landing).

I really hope Varys' secret mission thing is what happens in the final scene of the most recent book. I don't think it'll have as much impact in the show as one of the characters involved is only a bit part on TV compared to the book, but it was such a "holy ****" moment when reading it I really want to see it in the story.

Latest posts