• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Homeland....is it me or is this series really boring?

I got Netflix two weeks ago. So, naturally, I am knee-deep in Breaking Bad. Up to Series Four. It's sooooo good.

I got Netflix two weeks ago. So, naturally, I am knee-deep in Breaking Bad. Up to Series Four. It's sooooo good.
I was blown away by Seasons 1-3 and BB was my favourite show based just on the first three series, but 4-5 are on another level. I'm starting to wonder whether I'll ever watch another show that will compete with those two last series.

An episode of BB (I won't mention which) got a perfect 10.0/10.0 on IMDb. That ****'s unreal.

I'll be monitoring this thread. My brother said he'd hook me up with Netflix and a US IP when he has the time. I havn't done the coach potato thing in a while and think the coming holidays I'll stay at home and switch between being a coach potato, beach bumming and doing the Stellenbosch wine route thing.

I was blown away by Seasons 1-3 and BB was my favourite show based just on the first three series, but 4-5 are on another level. I'm starting to wonder whether I'll ever watch another show that will compete with those two last series.

An episode of BB (I won't mention which) got a perfect 10.0/10.0 on IMDb. That ****'s unreal.

I still don't understand how it can get much better. Yet the consensus is that (I'm about three episodes into Series Four) it's about to go up a few gears. I'm so excited.

I'll be monitoring this thread. My brother said he'd hook me up with Netflix and a US IP when he has the time. I havn't done the coach potato thing in a while and think the coming holidays I'll stay at home and switch between being a coach potato, beach bumming and doing the Stellenbosch wine route thing.

coach.gif

LOL, okay. This ione had me stumped for a while. But fine... just know, I'll be waiting for you to type something in Spanish or Dutch and I'll comb through such posts. Just waiting for that chance to strike! To strike with a seemingly innocuous picture. To strike at the very core of your being when you realise.. the truth.

LOL, okay. This ione had me stumped for a while. But fine... just know, I'll be waiting for you to type something in Spanish or Dutch and I'll comb through such posts. Just waiting for that chance to strike! To strike with a seemingly innocuous picture. To strike at the very core of your being when you realise.. the truth.

:p

I'm just glad google found me the relevant picture.

Started watching 'The Tunnel' (very atmospheric, but really needs you to pay attention), 'The Blacklist' (obviously taken the idea from Silence of the Lambs but still good), and season two of 'Revolution'.

I'm really loving Sons of Anarchy at the moment - 8 episodes into the latest season, and it's quality.
Bit different but Parks and Rec is probably my favourite comedy around :D Annoyingly they've got a random three week break mid season, then showing two episodes a week for a few, then having their mid-season break (really hate that American shows do that).

New series of Ripper Street started a few days ago, and it was a great episode - looking forward to that.
Also Archer in the new year :D

I watched the 50th Anniversary episode of Dr Who last night. If you haven't seen it yet and plan to, then stop reading now or you'll find out what happens.

Right, so anyway. Was it me was the ending just ever so slightly... a dirty great cop out!?!

So you have 400 billion billion daleks surrounding Galifrey (the planet of the time lords) and the three Doctors save the world by teleporting it into a different dimension AND then all 400 billion billion darleks shoot each other by accident...

.... :huh: Man! Daleks are thick! :sarcastic_hand: And didn't they nick that idea from Carry On Cowboy!?! (see 3mins 24secs)

I can't believe DR Who is plundering their ideas from the Carry On movies! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, spoilers if you haven't seen it:

I really enjoyed the show. Would've liked a bit more Ecclestone in it, but likes it a lot. The 13th Dr's slight cameo was a nice surprise.
The ending was, as you said, a bit of a cop out but at the same it's Dr Who, it's got to be a bit mad at times :p
Wasn't a big fan of the Zygons though, they just didn't look...menacing. I understand that they first appeared in it like 40+yrs ago, though, when it was all paper mache and rubber suits, so I can understand why they looked a bit naff.

Again, spoilers if you haven't seen it:

I really enjoyed the show. Would've liked a bit more Ecclestone in it, but likes it a lot. The 13th Dr's slight cameo was a nice surprise.
The ending was, as you said, a bit of a cop out but at the same it's Dr Who, it's got to be a bit mad at times :p
Wasn't a big fan of the Zygons though, they just didn't look...menacing. I understand that they first appeared in it like 40+yrs ago, though, when it was all paper mache and rubber suits, so I can understand why they looked a bit naff.

Well you can't go wrong when Jenna Coleman is on the TV - all big brown eyes and dimples, so yes it was entertaining. John Hurt was pretty cool too and war worn. There's a movie about the time war in there somewhere but I doubt it'll get made. Someone lobby the national lottery pronto.

I agree about the Zygons, blokes in salmon red lobster suits. For an alternative Dr Who monster I suggest three foot tall humanoids that are very fast and have lots of sharp jagged teeth and a vicious countenance. :crazy: If I saw something like that charging towards my knackers all you'd see is a cloud of dust heading for the next county! :eek:

I am so bored I am watching SPOTY on BBC where they have no real sport coverage to actually back it up with.............Murray is in the shower as they wait to talk live to him!!

Latest posts