• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

I'm a fan but I'm happy they're finishing now instead of dragging it out past it's sell by date like most american comedies.

Think the whole change in dynamic of the American public's attitude towards police has changed it a lot as well. They've spoken about how they're not comfortable carrying on the same way.

Think the whole change in dynamic of the American public's attitude towards police has changed it a lot as well. They've spoken about how they're not comfortable carrying on the same way.
Was about to say, for a show that leans very much on the left/liberal side of things it was going to be tough to go on.

And the show's creators (Dan Goor & Michael Schur) said they planned the show to last 153 episodes from the beginning. And with a final season of 10 more shows it will bring it to 153. In America if a show makes it to the 100 or more episode mark it puts in in the top tier for re-run syndication. So they'll be in good position for residual money for many years.

Last edited:
Cobra Kai season 3 is so over the top, dumb and goofy and I absolutely loved every second. The Jonny Lawrence character is just so perfect.

They are squeezing every callback to the movies they can get. Also how on earth did everyone from these old ass movies age so well?
Watched the lot over this weekend - absolutely loved it
Can't wait for the next season

Started Snowpiercer this weekend. Usually hate any setting that can be described as a dystopia, but the whole train concept (which I know is taken from the movie) is actually great.

Also still very into WandaVision it's coming along really nicely.

Started Snowpiercer this weekend. Usually hate any setting that can be described as a dystopia, but the whole train concept (which I know is taken from the movie) is actually great.

Also still very into WandaVision it's coming along really nicely.
enjoyed the first season of Snowpiercer and have started the second...starting to think the movie was the best way to tell the story, just the longer it goes on the impracticalities of the premise are harder to ignore....just how long it actually is etc

If i remember correctly in the movie the idea of the train was to stay in daylight as the night was just too cold, might have to check that...but the tv show definitely doesn;t do that...so why do they have to be moving? why not use that tech to build some fancy underground base etc

the movie was fast a brutal with a good twist

Loved the original. Think personally should leave as it is. Will it be the same without Marty and Eddie?

Still kind of curious how this will turn out. Not been that kind of quality American comedy tv series since IMO.

Loved the original. Think personally should leave as it is. Will it be the same without Marty and Eddie?

Still kind of curious how this will turn out. Not been that kind of quality American comedy tv series since IMO.
It's very different in style but The Good Place might be the best comedy show there has been from America

It's very different in style but The Good Place might be the best comedy show there has been from America
Yes, managed to watch first season of the Good place. Pretty good I thought and might revisit it again.

Been catching a few episodes of Not Going Out With Lee Mack. It's not a lol comedy, but watcheable/entertaining without get to the Only fools and Horses or Frasier comedy/loveable standard. Surprised how many seasons it managed to get through seeing as most British sit coms only last a few series.

Very odd show to reboot - Kelsey Grammer is older than the actor who played his Dad was when the series ended

I do like catching it on Channel 4 in the mornings on the odd occasion, but it definitely seems like it's an attempt to get people to sign up to their new streaming service than an actual attempt to bring it back.

Then again Cobra Kai was created to sell Youtube Red and that turned out great, so who knows

Very odd show to reboot - Kelsey Grammer is older than the actor who played his Dad was when the series ended

I do like catching it on Channel 4 in the mornings on the odd occasion, but it definitely seems like it's an attempt to get people to sign up to their new streaming service than an actual attempt to bring it back.

Then again Cobra Kai was created to sell Youtube Red and that turned out great, so who knows
I think a lot depends on the writers of the reboot. Frasier when it was at its best had the best TV writers At the time. That was what made it special, as well as a quality cast revolving around Kelsey Grammar, David Hyde Pearce and John Mahoney to deliver it.

It will be interesting to see how they take the storyline and where they focus the relationships. I felt at the time they'd exhausted all the main characters' storylines. No John Mahoney as Marty will be a big miss.

American tv can be pretty brutal, so it doesn't do well ratings wise then it will get canned pretty quick.

Midnight Diner Tokyo stories on Netflix. Love the beginning. I see my hotel in Shinjuku Tokyo where I stayed back in 2019, where Godzilla lives.:)

Last edited:
There's an AMC show called Terror starting up on BBC 2 tonight based around the disappearance of the HMS Terror and HMS Erebus during an expedition through Northern Canada in the 1800s. Cast looks really good and I am actually reading a book called Erebus by Michael Palin on it right now. I am pretty sure there will be a heavy supernatural horror element and I'm looking forward to it.

There's an AMC show called Terror starting up on BBC 2 tonight based around the disappearance of the HMS Terror and HMS Erebus during an expedition through Northern Canada in the 1800s. Cast looks really good and I am actually reading a book called Erebus by Michael Palin on it right now. I am pretty sure there will be a heavy supernatural horror element and I'm looking forward to it.

With Ciaran Hinds?

I think it's still on Amazon prime if you prefer to binge it. Was on RTE over Christmas.

Jarred Harris is as ever really good, it was a bit slow at times and the dialogue could be hard to make out but decent enough.

Mild Spoilers****
It's also not a wholly historical recreation, they change one or two characters completely and also add a mild supernatural element
End of spoilers****

Watching Justified at the moment. Just finishing up the second season. First season was a bit procedural/episodic but the second is a step up. Some really great character actors like Olyphant, Goggins and Martindale.

With Ciaran Hinds?

I think it's still on Amazon prime if you prefer to binge it. Was on RTE over Christmas.

Jarred Harris is as ever really good, it was a bit slow at times and the dialogue could be hard to make out but decent enough.

Mild Spoilers****
It's also not a wholly historical recreation, they change one or two characters completely and also add a mild supernatural element
End of spoilers****

Watching Justified at the moment. Just finishing up the second season. First season was a bit procedural/episodic but the second is a step up. Some really great character actors like Olyphant, Goggins and Martindale.
Yep that's the one. Oh didn't realise it's on Amazon may go that route. Yeah I'd gathered it's not historical although that's the joy of these 'ubexplained disappearences'

Some really good stuff on iPlayer and catch up TV at the moment.

The Serpent on BBC1 based on a true story was extremely good.

Spiral on BBC4? a French crime series all subtitles but after just two episodes it has the making of being very good. What's more, there are over 80 episodes in all.

Currently showing on BBC1 on Sundays, John Hannah and a strong cast in NI cold case crime drama Bloodlands.

Latest posts