• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

I watched Karate kid many years ago and I wasn't impressed as far as I remember..but jeez you're talking that much about these Cobra Kai series that I'm also interested now :rolleyes:
What??!!!:oops: Original Karate Kid was an 80s classic. Mr Miyagi is much missed and the the original “Karate lessons” wash the car wax on wax off, paint the fence - up; down; sand the floor; paint the house - side;side are unforgettable.

Which Tyler

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

What??!!!:oops: Original Karate Kid was an 80s classic. Mr Miyagi is much missed and the the original “Karate lessons” wash the car wax on wax off, paint the fence - up; down; sand the floor; paint the house - side;side are unforgettable.
I've also researched KKii - that one really wasn't worth it

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

I've also researched KKii - that one really wasn't worth it
What you mean the KKii where the characters in Okinawa speak perfect English?:rolleyes: Apart from that I quite liked KKii. KKIII is awful though.

Groundhog

#1 Cuck
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Munster

Just finished the first 2 episodes of WandaVision. I am pretty excited for this one, and I watched a couple of videos which predicted what it might be about based on trailers and the comics etc. If you're wondering if they give you any context as to what on earth is going on from the off, they don't. You are just dropped into this 50's comedy sitcom style story as per the trailers, and things obviously get a bit weird. There's genuinely 8 miunutes of credits at the end of the first episode which is..... weird.

I kinda applaud Marvel, who are genuinely seen as playing it really safe for going for something so weird and off the wall for their first Disney+ Series. I think something like Winter Soldier and Winged Gun Gentleman would have been a lot safer. I think people are going to watch the first two episodes of this and probably hate it though. It would work a lot better if they released the whole series at once, because nothing massively of note happens in the first two episodes, and the premise of the series is things start out normal but gradually escalate, so as a week to week thing, I don't really see it hitting.

ncurd

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

I'll just add if you watched alot of B*Witched (which I did as a kid as my mum loved it) they've gone in hard of making it feel right. Especially how the first two episodes definitely feel like two different stages of the show and moving it on to colour from B&W for the third (like actually happened). But yeah there's a lot to take out if you watched old sitcoms.

Totally agree my major gripe for a 9 episode season and what appears to be the gradual escalation of what is going on (Wanda's mental break) a week by week format as opposed to dump and binge it all feels very wrong.

Leinster Fan

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Just finished the first 2 episodes of WandaVision. I am pretty excited for this one, and I watched a couple of videos which predicted what it might be about based on trailers and the comics etc. If you're wondering if they give you any context as to what on earth is going on from the off, they don't. You are just dropped into this 50's comedy sitcom style story as per the trailers, and things obviously get a bit weird. There's genuinely 8 miunutes of credits at the end of the first episode which is..... weird.

I kinda applaud Marvel, who are genuinely seen as playing it really safe for going for something so weird and off the wall for their first Disney+ Series. I think something like Winter Soldier and Winged Gun Gentleman would have been a lot safer. I think people are going to watch the first two episodes of this and probably hate it though. It would work a lot better if they released the whole series at once, because nothing massively of note happens in the first two episodes, and the premise of the series is things start out normal but gradually escalate, so as a week to week thing, I don't really see it hitting.
I liked it a lot but agree that it would be better off being released all in one go. Quirky offbeat shows generally do better binged than as a weekly thing. Community is a good example of a show that didn't do great on network tv but was a major hit on streaming. Obviously Disney+ is a bit of a halfway house as these things go but as others have already said the whole structure of the show along with the general tone just makes a weekly thing seem like the wrong format entirely.

Primary

The Rugby Forum Assistant
Here are some related products that The Rugby Forum members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to The Rugby Forum’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to The Rugby Forum discussions about these products.