• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Which Tyler

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

I've still got a few episodes to go, so won't open the spoiler yet, but I know what you mean about the 2 sides thing
It's weird watching Danny getting portrayed as the bad guy - but you start to believe it/sympathise a lot more with the "bad guys" when you see their point of view
I wouldn't say that either comes across as the bad guy - which is what's so good about it. Both have 1 side of the story, and believe their side of it. That bias then informs their take on new information, and we get to see that Danny is over-reacting in a very human and understandable way (turned up to 11 because TV drama).
In the film's, Danny was the protagonist, and we saw almost everything from his perspective. In the TV show, we get both sides, but it's Johnny's story, so we see more of it from his side. Because we're seeing Johnny's side, we know that Danny is being unreasonable and leaping to conclusions - but Danny doesn't have access to Johnny's side (apart from the odd scene hear and there, which isn't enough to overcome his 35 years prejudice).

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Aye I think I worded it wrong - more that when it's focusing on Cobra Kai you can see why they dislike Miyagi-Do and vice versa
And when Johnny tells the evens of the first film from his point of view it makes you understand why he dislikes him/paints the events is a different light etc

Yulia

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Russian Federation

Club or Nation

Russia

Wasn't the first Dune Patrick Stewart's first successful movie appearance?
The first Dune film,directed by David Lynch I think? I'm going to watch it just after I finish reading the book.

Like the novel very much, wouldn't call it overrated! At least not like game of thrones series/novels so far, hope will not be disappointed in both old and new films :)

Which Tyler

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

The first Dune film,directed by David Lynch I think? I'm going to watch it just after I finish reading the book.

Like the novel very much, wouldn't call it overrated! At least not like game of thrones series/novels so far, hope will not be disappointed in both old and new films :)
The Lynch film is... dated, and condenses the important part of the book into about 20 minutes.

As for "overrated" that's in the context of it being commonly considered THE best SF&F novel of all time.

Last edited: