• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

I've still got a few episodes to go, so won't open the spoiler yet, but I know what you mean about the 2 sides thing
It's weird watching Danny getting portrayed as the bad guy - but you start to believe it/sympathise a lot more with the "bad guys" when you see their point of view
I wouldn't say that either comes across as the bad guy - which is what's so good about it. Both have 1 side of the story, and believe their side of it. That bias then informs their take on new information, and we get to see that Danny is over-reacting in a very human and understandable way (turned up to 11 because TV drama).
In the film's, Danny was the protagonist, and we saw almost everything from his perspective. In the TV show, we get both sides, but it's Johnny's story, so we see more of it from his side. Because we're seeing Johnny's side, we know that Danny is being unreasonable and leaping to conclusions - but Danny doesn't have access to Johnny's side (apart from the odd scene hear and there, which isn't enough to overcome his 35 years prejudice).

Aye I think I worded it wrong - more that when it's focusing on Cobra Kai you can see why they dislike Miyagi-Do and vice versa
And when Johnny tells the evens of the first film from his point of view it makes you understand why he dislikes him/paints the events is a different light etc

Wasn't the first Dune Patrick Stewart's first successful movie appearance?
The first Dune film,directed by David Lynch I think? I'm going to watch it just after I finish reading the book.

Like the novel very much, wouldn't call it overrated! At least not like game of thrones series/novels so far, hope will not be disappointed in both old and new films :)

The first Dune film,directed by David Lynch I think? I'm going to watch it just after I finish reading the book.

Like the novel very much, wouldn't call it overrated! At least not like game of thrones series/novels so far, hope will not be disappointed in both old and new films :)
The Lynch film is... dated, and condenses the important part of the book into about 20 minutes.

As for "overrated" that's in the context of it being commonly considered THE best SF&F novel of all time.

Last edited:
The Social Dilemma (on Netflix)

Highly highly recommended. Fascinating and slightly terrifying.

The Lynch film is... dated, and condenses the important part of the book into about 20 minutes.

As for "overrated" that's in the context of it being commonly considered THE best SF&F novel of all time.
As far as I understand the new film is actually going to be two movies splitting the first book. The Lynch version is massively compromised its wildly known Lynch shot far more and nobody could really edit it into a real film. It does lots of good things visually but it feels like skipping through the book just to get a few keys scenes in. Its interesting because its Lynch but its always been a mess.

I'm genuinely excited Villeneuve makes brilliant films and has proven he can take beloved but niche sci-fi franchise, keep it tonally the same but expand and enhance it into something greater (I'm one of the people who think 2049 is actually better than any cut of Blade Runner).

Challenger: the final flight. Tragic documentary of the doomed space shuttle flight which killed all 7 crew on board including a teached. I remember going to Kennedy Space centre when young and we were told not to ask any questions about this as it was still very raw and now I understand why.

I'm genuinely excited Villeneuve makes brilliant films and has proven he can take beloved but niche sci-fi franchise, keep it tonally the same but expand and enhance it into something greater (I'm one of the people who think 2049 is actually better than any cut of Blade Runner).
I agree! I love 2049, even more than the first Blade Runner. Villeneuve kept the same [Ridley Scott's] style but added more beauty into his film and made the drama deeper, in my opinion. Although, I remember I was watching it during the night and had a feeling it was one big hallucination :rolleyes: holographic girls, "Soviet happy", big female statues, ringtone with Prokofiev's "Peter and the Wolf", a weird fight in the bar, cyrillic "tselina" ("wild land") written on a protein farm in the beginning.. :rolleyes: that's really interesting what Villeneuve will make with "Dune" :D also like to see Charlotte Ramping joined it

The 2020 World Series on FOX TV. There's nothing quite like the Fall Classic. Even if you're not a baseball fan you'll probably like this best of 7 game series. Let's Go Dodgers!

1603245513798.png

Season 4 of Fargo is underway on FX, and like the preceding seasons it's great. :cool:

1603326232351.png

I just watched the Los Angeles Dodgers win the 2020 World Series. :) Alright LA!

1603859809844.png

Watched a bit Sarah cooper show on netflix.

Fuk me don't watch it.
Who finds it funny? I don't get it.
Literally it's just lipsyncing to trump while doing over the top faces.

I get it, it's cheap and tiktok **** is in ATM, but a whole show?
It does have Aubrey Plaza in it so that makes it a 10/10 though.

Alex Trebek, the long time host of Jeopardy! has died at the age of 80. Millions of us around the World already miss him. :( He was the absolute best. Rest in peace Alex.

He already shot enough episodes to be broadcast through November 20th, so cherish those as you watch them.

Alex Trebek GIF by Jeopardy!

Last edited:
Alex Trebek, the long time host of Jeopardy! has died at the age of 80. Millions of us around the World already miss him. :( He was the absolute best. Rest in peace Alex.
Very sorry to hear that, he's always come across as a good guy. Apparently the last episode he resorded will be broadcast on Christmas Day.

Very sorry to hear that, he's always come across as a good guy. Apparently the last episode he resorded will be broadcast on Christmas Day.
My cable guide say's the last new episode will be on Nov. 14th. That might be just here in America? Maybe the order is different for the UK? Either way, we'll all miss Trebek.

My cable company updates their guide every Monday morning. I just checked it and they've changed it to December 25th. So you're right and I hope to watch them all. Thank you!

Last edited:
My cable company updates their guide every Monday morning. I just checked it and they've changed it to December 25th. So you're right and I hope to watch them all. Thank you!
Was going to explain this last night, but my broadband died. Apparently it's not known whether he had made the decision to step down when this was recorded, hence will perform a "goodbye and thanks for all the fish" style sign off or not.

I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to watch it. AFAIK it's not broadcast on any British channels. I guess it trivia is a pretty localised thing, so the appeal would be limited. I have to watch it via Netflix.

I'm assuming that it's too much of an American institution to be left to die along with Alex. Whoever takes over is going to have really big shoes to fill.

Was going to explain this last night, but my broadband died. Apparently it's not known whether he had made the decision to step down when this was recorded, hence will perform a "goodbye and thanks for all the fish" style sign off or not.

I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to watch it. AFAIK it's not broadcast on any British channels. I guess it trivia is a pretty localised thing, so the appeal would be limited. I have to watch it via Netflix.

I'm assuming that it's too much of an American institution to be left to die along with Alex. Whoever takes over is going to have really big shoes to fill.
I saw an interview clip on the news last night where Trebek said he'd like his replacement to be a woman. But it's also been rumored that former Jeopardy! champion Ken Jennings will take the job. No matter who the network chooses, no one will ever come close to Alex Trebek.

Last edited:

Latest posts