• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Some really good stuff on iPlayer and catch up TV at the moment.

The Serpent on BBC1 based on a true story was extremely good.

Spiral on BBC4? a French crime series all subtitles but after just two episodes it has the making of being very good. What's more, there are over 80 episodes in all.

Currently showing on BBC1 on Sundays, John Hannah and a strong cast in NI cold case crime drama Bloodlands.
Serpent is Daycent. They could have cut it short a couple of episodes I felt though. Felt the 'chase' went on a bit too long but well acted and I really enjoyed it. Guy who played Galthie was really really good as is Knippenberg considering the actors not dutch.

Also watching Bloodlands. Can't decide on it yet. It's a tad contrived and some of the accents are ropey but a good cast and they weirdly go to an Ulster v Cheetahs Pro 14 game in it!

Battlestar Galactica is there too isn't it (on the iplayer).

Falls off a bit towards the end but stilll the best sci fi show ever for my money.

Just finished "Giri/Haji" on Netflix

Really bloody good, very annoyed that the BBC didn't give them a second season

Finally got round to watching Parks and Rec. Takes a while to find it's niche but really really good when it gets there.

Wasn't too excited about this but watched it anyway and was pleasantly surprised. Enjoyed it a lot.

Yeah, although, after watching Wandavision, I kind of felt like Marvel is planning a big thing with their series as a build up to the upcoming movies, so I have a suspicion this as well as Loki will be very good.

Anyone watched the first episode of Falcon and Winter Soldier? Thought it was a decent intro for what's to come...
Wasn't too excited about this but watched it anyway and was pleasantly surprised. Enjoyed it a lot.
Good to hear the first episode was good. I tend to let series I'm looking forward to finish it's run (while I actively dodge spoilers) and then marathon the whole thing in one sitting.
Done it with WandaVision and it was like a 5 1/2 hour MCU movie... really enjoyed it but have a feeling F&tWS and Loki will be even better too.

Yeah, although, after watching Wandavision, I kind of felt like Marvel is planning a big thing with their series as a build up to the upcoming movies, so I have a suspicion this as well as Loki will be very good.
Yep, I had assumed this would just be a standard buddy duo action show. Was pleasantly surprised by the effort they went to to flesh out the characters. Feel like any one scene from this give you a much better handle on who Falcon is than all his appearances in the movies. Wandavision was similar, they gave both of them a lot of character development and it's nice to see characters who were mostly supporting characters in the films get time to shine.

Marvel is definitely putting a lot of effort into these shows, which makes a lot of sense in a universe where the two lead characters in Iron Man and Captain America have moved on, with big boots to fill. Obviously Spiderman helps on that front, as do the Thor movies having found their niche but it's definitely worth their while for Marvel to give others proper time in the spotlight too.

As well of that with the cinema industry essentially closed, Disney need these shows to succeed since TV is where the money is until the pandemic situation is resolved. Disney+ is pretty reliant on these shows so it makes sense for them to go big with them.

Very excited for Loki. Was definitely one of the standout characters in the early MCU..

Good to hear the first episode was good. I tend to let series I'm looking forward to finish it's run (while I actively dodge spoilers) and then marathon the whole thing in one sitting.
Done it with WandaVision and it was like a 5 1/2 hour MCU movie... really enjoyed it but have a feeling F&tWS and Loki will be even better too.
What I liked about Wandavision wasn't so much about Wanda or Vision, but the other characters and how Marvel used this show to bring in characters from Ant-man, Captain Marvel and Thor into the story. And also how S.W.O.R.D took over from S.H.I.E.L.D.

The notion that more villians like Mephisto and Nightmare would make an appearance, also had me wanting more, and then with it just being Agatha Harkness (Katherine Hahn was the best choice for this role) made me think that the plan is to have a second or even third season of Wandavision in the future.

I think the idea of these shows isn't going to be so much on the development of heroes, but more on the villians, and how they are developed into bringing bigger threats for the movies to come.

What I liked about Wandavision wasn't so much about Wanda or Vision, but the other characters and how Marvel used this show to bring in characters from Ant-man, Captain Marvel and Thor into the story. And also how S.W.O.R.D took over from S.H.I.E.L.D.

The notion that more villians like Mephisto and Nightmare would make an appearance, also had me wanting more, and then with it just being Agatha Harkness (Katherine Hahn was the best choice for this role) made me think that the plan is to have a second or even third season of Wandavision in the future.

I think the idea of these shows isn't going to be so much on the development of heroes, but more on the villians, and how they are developed into bringing bigger threats for the movies to come.
Honestly mate, after god knows how long it's been since Spider-man: Far from Home... for me it was just nice to main-line some new MCU... not gonna lie, I was tweaking there for a bit ;)

Once you've watched The Wire and The Sopranos you realise all other TV is complete crap in comparison.
Love them both (particularly The Wire... it's where I got my username after all ;)) but I am a huge geek at heart so the MCU is mana from heaven to me.

Jack Ryan season 2 - decent... much better than the critics would have you believe.
The Flight Attendant - started quite quirkily and seemed an interesting mystery but ended up being a fairly run-of-the-mill thriller.
The Last Dance - just epic.

Last chance u basketball.

I never stuck with the other series because I wasn't interested in the sport and the coach in S1 was really off putting, this one is class and I totally understand the hype of the rest as a result.

Latest posts