• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Man vs Bee. Surprisingly watchable.
Watched all this on Saturday - watchable a perfect description,
Humerous without being laugh out loud funny, episodes only 10mins or so (entire season about 100mins) so burned through the whole lot without realising
Enjoyable series

Also watched all of Stranger Things - generally enjoyed it but (spoilers below)
Did not like the Vecna character at all. Every time he was on screen it took me out of the scene entirely - just looked like a Buffy the vampire Slayer villain. They could've made him a generic CGI looking monster and it would've improved it exponentially, for me. The whole "Mike finally telling El he loved her to help her win" bit was lame too. Liked the rest though - Argyle and Eddie were great additions. Thought the last episode didn't need to be a single 2.5hrs monolith at all, think they were just flexing, it could've easily been two or three episodes - there were definitely points where breaks could've been. Looking forward to season 5, though.

Watched all this on Saturday - watchable a perfect description,
Humerous without being laugh out loud funny, episodes only 10mins or so (entire season about 100mins) so burned through the whole lot without realising
Enjoyable series

Also watched all of Stranger Things - generally enjoyed it but (spoilers below)
Did not like the Vecna character at all. Every time he was on screen it took me out of the scene entirely - just looked like a Buffy the vampire Slayer villain. The whole "Mike finally telling El he loved her to help her win" bit was lame too. Liked the rest though - Argyle and Eddie were great additions. Thought the last episode didn't need to be 2.5hrs at all, think they were just flexing, it could've easily been two or three episodes. Looking forward to season 5, though.
Wasn't a particular fan of Eddie's death I get what they were doing with him and predicted he'd die for it. That actually weird outcast type guys were pretty cool, its mainly in first ep where Crissy warms to him and he runs an all time great D&D session (those who've played it have had session like that even if it wasn't always the setup at the end of a game). Dustin summed it up with "If people got to know him they have liked him." But the whole stand & fight was not only a stupid decision but didn't feel like it was a character flaw he had overcome.

Similarly musical choices were a bit off, can't help but think Kate Bush's return was just due to response to her first use. Master of Puppets was also tonally very wrong for what was going on in scenes outside Eddie/Dustin just felt the plan wasn't well structured with the plot to deliver a song like that. Like it immediately follows a tense standoff between Lucas and a Jock and then them fighting grasping for a gun in quite a brutal confrontation. Fast music just didn't suit what was going on screen at the time (apart from Ediie's bit).

Also wasn't a fan of the entire Hopper/Joyce/Murray plot it just served nothing and clearly they have no idea what to do with Jonathan anymore. Mike similarly he's the 'heart' apparently but your seeing none of the leadership from season 1.

Plus still no deaths to main season 1 character and they should of gone through with killing Max (still a season 2 character) there's just so little jeopardy in a horror adjacent franchise. Also now Eleven ca revive people with zero consequence death has no meaning.

Overall though season 4 felt like a return to form after meandering 2nd and 3rd seasons. These are just my quibbles and its easier to find fault.

Wasn't a particular fan of Eddie's death I get what they were doing with him and predicted he'd die for it. That actually weird outcast type guys were pretty cool, its mainly in first ep where Crissy warms to him and he runs an all time great D&D session (those who've played it have had session like that even if it wasn't always the setup at the end of a game). Dustin summed it up with "If people got to know him they have liked him." But the whole stand & fight was not only a stupid decision but didn't feel like it was a character flaw he had overcome.

Similarly musical choices were a bit off, can't help but think Kate Bush's return was just due to response to her first use. Master of Puppets was also tonally very wrong for what was going on in scenes outside Eddie/Dustin just felt the plan wasn't well structured with the plot to deliver a song like that. Like it immediately follows a tense standoff between Lucas and a Jock and then them fighting grasping for a gun in quite a brutal confrontation. Fast music just didn't suit what was going on screen at the time (apart from Ediie's bit).

Also wasn't a fan of the entire Hopper/Joyce/Murray plot it just served nothing and clearly they have no idea what to do with Jonathan anymore. Mike similarly he's the 'heart' apparently but your seeing none of the leadership from season 1.

Plus still no deaths to main season 1 character and they should of gone through with killing Max (still a season 2 character) there's just so little jeopardy in a horror adjacent franchise. Also now Eleven ca revive people with zero consequence death has no meaning.

Overall though season 4 felt like a return to form after meandering 2nd and 3rd seasons. These are just my quibbles and its easier to find fault.
Yeah, agree on the Russia plotline - I liked it up until the double cross. The double cross was a great "oh ****!" moment but then everything after was lame. They should've just had Hopper successfully escape. I do really like Murray as a character, though, so having him back was great - just all felt a bit lame and like they didn't really know what to do with it: helicopter from Russia to Alaska? and then he just magically appears back in Hawkins. Very rushed.
The Nancy/Steve/Johnathan love triangle was also a bit lame - agree with what you said about Johnathan, they just didn't know what to do with him now he's not the Hawkins loser/outcase. Nancy/Steve love interest was a decent plotline but then thrown completely out the window as soon as Johnathan re-appeared.

Just finished S1 of Obi Wan. Far too many plot holes and not reconciling with a new Hope to make any sense.

The second half of the final season of Better Call Saul begins Monday, July 11th on AMC and AMC+. :)

1657429120490.png

Last edited:
I've just started season 3
I'd head there was a... crazy scene early on, and it didn't disappoint

I've read the comics so I've seen a lot of shocking things they've removed from the show, but it's good to see them still have ludicrous things like that in

I did really enjoy Stranger things new season. Second half of the season wasn't as good as the first though and felt a bit formulaic and lame at times. Liked the villain well enough and the twist was good. I'm ok with a final season, but I think they also could have finished it now.

I think the cast is a bit packed now and certain characters don't get much to do sometimes (Will)

Just finished S1 of Obi Wan. Far too many plot holes and not reconciling with a new Hope to make any sense.
there are several things id change about kenobi but didn;t think there were many straight out plot holes, anything i started wondering about has been answered, wondering what you spotted that i missed

speaking of which though,

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/07/f...n2FQj9_l4DROakNa1G88RvVvQdxYNROg5hb1f0r_sUuEo

downloaded and watched it last night, was great, removed a few silly and unneeded things, they should have left it as a movie, cinema level production and sets with a few scenes re shot to make the flow a bit better and it would be a great star wars film

But also I am from a generation who grew up with the original trilogy. So Vader and Obiwan meeting several times between the third and fourth movies is totally contrived for me, as from a continuity POV when they dual in the New Hope it is the first time they have met since their dual on the Volcanic planet.

i did wonder if thats what you were going to mention, whilst i also grew up with the impression, now i look back there is nothing canon saying that, all he says its has been a long time and the last time they met obi wan was the master....and the fight from the series very much proved he was still the master, the flashbacks were there to show anakin still hadn't learnt since he was a padawan

and i gave up on that list when it talks about revas motivations making no sense, hunts jedi etc....she literally says she wants to punish them for abandoning the younglings

Finished Season 3 of The Boys last night - liked it a lot,
Usually when things veer away from the source material they kind of lose their way but with this they've taken enough from the books to placate that subset of fans while changing it up enough that it works better as a TV show and ties more into what's happening in the world these days. By no means perfect but it's a fun watch

Like the whole fake news/Fox News type plot they have going on - can see why it riled up so many right wingers on social media

LOTR teaser hasn't really set me high in terms of hope.

Only a teaser so will give benefit of the doubt but the dialogue used is poor.

Have vision of Wheels of Time in my head now

LOTR teaser hasn't really set me high in terms of hope.

Only a teaser so will give benefit of the doubt but the dialogue used is poor.

Have vision of Wheels of Time in my head now
I'm also worried for it. I think it's an extremely ambitious project to undertake even with a monstrous budget.

They're going to have to adapt the hell out of it and it's tough not to think about Wheel of Time and the bad job they did. Different team and bigger budget obviously but it's tough not to be cynical about these series.

Sad I'm more excited for house of the dragon.

Latest posts